Treatment & Services
- Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Cancer Center
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Lung Cancer Screening Program of the Cleveland Clinic Chest Cancer Center
- Mechanical Ventilation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Nodules
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - Northeastern Ohio Univ College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - University of Western Ontario Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
London, ON Canada
Undergraduate - University of Western Ontario
- Former Chair, Thoracic Oncology Network of the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Chair, Planning Committee, Thoracic Oncology Assembly of the American Thoracic Society.
- Cancer Biomarkers Study Section, NIH.
- Member of Executive Committee Lung Cancer Living Guidelines for the American College of Chest Physicians. Lead of Lung Cancer Screening Guideline.
- Member of Committees for Implementation of Lung Cancer Screening, American College of Chest Physicians and American Thoracic Society.
- American Lung Association - National Lung Cancer Expert Medical Advisory Panel.
- Chest 2016 - Program Vice-Chair, Chest 2017 - Program Chair
- American Cancer Society Lung Cancer Screening Roundtable
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
Acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS), lung cancer, lung nodules, sepsis Acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS), asthma, lung cancer, lung nodules, lung cancer screening, pneumonia, sepsis
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America, 2004-2016
- Guide to America's Top Physicians, 2004-2016
- Cleveland's Best Doctors, 2006-2016
- Best Doctors, Northern Ohio Live magazine, 2007-2008
Innovations & Patents
- The development of a breath test (volatile metabolites) for the identification of lung cancer (research in progress).
- The development of a urine test (volatile metabolites) for the identification of lung cancer (research in progress).
- The development of a blood test (non-volatile small molecule metabolites) for the identification of lung cancer (research in progress).
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/18/2019, Dr. Mazzone has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
66 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 23, 2019
I recommended my mother to schedule a visit with him. She was seen by another Dr in another city and I told her I want her to come see him because I feel he will have my Mom's best interest in hand.
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2019
He is a wonderful doctor. really took great care of me and continued to care throughout last year. 10+
Reviewed on Jun 25, 2019
VERY GOOD experience seeing Dr. Mazzone & Hilary for the first time ! They showed me my x-rays & explained my diagnosis thoroughly ! Linda ( one of his office receptionists) was also extremely helpful with all my questions ! Next appt. easily made at my requested time .
Reviewed on Jun 18, 2019
Dr. Mazzone is the best doctor I have ever had. He is caring and thorough. He is the gold standard for doctors.
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2018
Dr Peter Mazzone is a Very Compassionate,Caring, & Knowledgeable Physician.. Who I will Always Refer to any Family or Friends.
Reviewed on Nov 27, 2018
Dr. Mazzone is very considerate, knowledgeable and professional. I like his overall approach to my treatment as he considers my age and future. He clearly wants to do what's best for me now and down the road. Thank you!
Reviewed on Oct 22, 2018
One of the best doctors experiences in my life. His respect for my concerns & his medical knowledge provided me with answers & peace of mind. This doctor is why I make the trip to Cleveland Clinic.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.