Treatment & Services
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts
- Ascending Aortic Replacement
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Atrial Septal Defect Closure
- Beating Heart Surgery
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery Re-operation
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Congenital Heart Surgery in Adults
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (cabg) Surgery
- David Procedure
- David Reimplantation Operation
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Thoracic
- Heart Failure Surgery
- Heart Surgery
- Heart Surgery for Marfan Syndrome
- Heart Surgery Reoperation
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Keyhole Surgery
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm Surgery
- Lobectomy, VATS Lobectomy
- Lung Biopsy
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Lung Lesion Surgery
- Lung Surgery
- Maze Procedure
- Mediastinal Biopsy Surgery
- Mediastinal Masses Surgery
- Mediastinal surgery
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Repair
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Off Pump Bypass
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB)
- Off Pump Heart Surgery
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Organ Transplantation
- Pectus Excavatum Repair
- Pericardial Window
- Pulmonic Valve Repair
- Pulmonic Valve Replacement
- Pulmonic Valve Surgery
- Radial Artery and Saphenous Vein Harvesting
- Re-do/Re-operative Heart Surgery
- Removal of Heart Tumors
- Removal of Part or Whole Lung
- Reoperative Heart Surgery
- Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections
- Robotically Assisted Lung Surgery
- Robotically Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Robotically Assisted Thymectomy
- Septal Myectomy
- Sleeve Lobectomy
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Surgical Biopsy of Thoracic Lymph Nodes
- Surgical Procedures for Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Treatment Of Adult Acquired Heart Disease
- Surgical Treatment of Lung Nodules
- Surgical Treatment Of Thoracic And Cardiovascular Disease
- Surgical Treatment Of Valve Endocarditis
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration (SVR)
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Section
- Thoracic Aorta Surgery
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic Sympathectomy
- Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Replacement
- Tricuspid Valve Surgery
- VAD Insertion
- Valve Sparing Surgery
- Valve Surgery
- Ventricular Aneurysm Surgery
- Ventricular Assist Device
- Ventricular Septal Defect in Adults
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Aorta Disease
- Cardiac transplant
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Related Illnesses
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - University of Maryland Medical Center
Baltimore, MD USA
Internship - Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
Houston, TX USA
Medical School - Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, NC USA
Undergraduate - Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL USA
- Thoracic Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Duke University 1985
- Bryan Award for Clinical Excellence Cleveland Clinic 1999
- Chairman's Gold Award LifeLink Foundation
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/5/2018, Dr. Sheffield has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
69 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2018
Dr. had an emergency surgery that interupted his schedule. Understandable.
Reviewed on Jul 5, 2018
I have only very very very good experiences with Dr Sheffield and his staff and with the Cleveland clinic Florida. Dr Sheffield is the best of the best and his staff and the Cleveland clinic as well. I have only excellence experiences.
Reviewed on Jul 5, 2018
truly a great doctor with wonderful bedside manners. we have visited many hospitals and doctors and Dr. Sheffield has been by far the best in taking his time to discuss all of our options. my son suffers severe pectus excavatum. I have never felt this comfortable before.
Reviewed on May 17, 2018
Dr Sheffield and his assistant was very prompt
Reviewed on May 7, 2018
My stay at CC was for a heart transplant. Great team starting with *Dr. Sheffield, and all of the rest of dr.'s, & nurses who cared. For me. Overall, a great experience.
Reviewed on May 1, 2018
*Dr. Cedric Sheffield & *Lauren Gonzalez work hand in hand to get me well, great collaboratives!
Reviewed on Apr 25, 2018
my original apt was with dr fromkin after spending time with him he had me see dr Sheffield both doctors were very helpful in teaching me about my possible transplant surgery
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2018
Dr Sheffield is a world class provider and his honest and caring approach should be followed by many. Drove down from Tampa just to be able to see him and receive the best care possible in his industry!
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2018
The teamwork between *Dr. Wolewski, *Rush & *Sheffled is excellent. *Sheffled is a miracle worker!
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
*Dr. Sheffield incredible the best ever, totally dedicated, amazing magnificent, dedicated to his patients I cannot say enough about him.
Reviewed on Dec 25, 2017
I never saw my physician after my surgery!
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2017
Dr. Sheffield was wonderful! He took time to explain everything in detail and answered all questions/concerns we had.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.