Treatment & Services
- Complex Shoulder Surgery
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Revision Shoulder Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Scapular Winging
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Surgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Broken Bones
- Disorders of the Shoulder
- Labrum Tears
- Nerve Injuries Of The Shoulder
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Treat
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Infection
- Shoulder Paralysis
- Sports Injuries
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Medical School - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Residency - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical School - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Undergraduate - Fordham University
Bronx, NY USA
- PhD in cell biology, University of Pennsylvania, 1987
- Maynard Madden Professorship in Arthritis Research (2006- current)
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999-2005
- Chair, Council of Academic Affairs, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (2003-2005)
- American British and Canadian Fellowship, American Orthopaedic Association, 1993
- President, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, 2006
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Shoulder disorders, including sports injuries; shoulder replacement; rotator cuff surgery; arthroscopic surgery; complex and revision surgery of the shoulder
Awards & Honors
- Graduated cum laude, Fordham University, 1975
- Biology Achievement Award, Fordham University, 1975
- OREF Resident Research Award, 1981-1982
- OREF Resident Research Award, 1983-1984
- DeForest Willard Award, 1984
- NIH NIADDK Clinical Investigator Award, 1984-1989
- North American Traveling Fellowship, American Orthopaedic Association, 1985
- ABC Fellowship, American Orthopaedic Association, 1993
- Neer Award, American Shoulder Elbow Society, 1996
- Neer Award, American Shoulder Elbow Society, 2001
- Cleveland Clinic Resident Teaching Award, 2006
- Named to numerous lists of "best doctors" in America, Midwest and Cleveland
Innovations & Patents
- Designed most of the currently used shoulder prosthetics used by DePuy Johnson and Johnson
- Designed shoulder prosthetic surgical simulator (IP owned by Cleveland Clinic)
- Developed techniques for rotator cuff repair and reconstruction of ligament deficiencies of the shoulder
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Mid America Orthopaedic Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/2/2017, Dr. Iannotti has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Iannotti receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- DJO Surgical
Royalty Payments. Dr. Iannotti receives or has the right to receive royalty payments for inventions or discoveries commercialized through the companies shown below:
- Lifecell Corporation
- Depuy Orthopaedics, Inc.
- Tornier, Inc.
- Viscus Biologics, LLC
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
208 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2017
Reviewed on May 20, 2017
Reviewed on May 20, 2017
I am confident he has good skill.
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2017
DR IANOTTI IS THE BEST,,,,WOULD PASS HIS NAME ON TO EVERYONE WE KNOW...
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2017
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2017
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2017
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2017
Excellent coverage on all aspects.
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2016
So detailed! And the portal, to see and read the notes...amazing. Nice to see they actually USE the tool as compared with others who do not.
Reviewed on Nov 28, 2016
Dr. Iannotti and his staff always take the time to explain treatment and answer questions. Janet was amazing throughout the pre and post surgery phases, always willing and encouraging to call with problems and questions.
Reviewed on Aug 1, 2016
Staff was always concerned and helpful to all my needs, a very professional staff.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.