Treatment & Services
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Optic Neuritis
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
- Transverse Myelitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
Toledo, OH USA
Undergraduate - Gannon University
Erie, PA USA
- Quality as Value in Healthcare: What do current changes mean? 11/1/12
- Resonant Leadership: Creating Sustainable Leaders Through Mindfulness, Hope & Compassion, 9/11/12
- Middle East Cultural Competence: Culture, Patient Care and Working Relationships
- The Business of Healthcare, 10/12/11
- Foundations of Healthcare Communication for Physicians, 9/13/11
- Investigator Human Subject Research Education track 2/17/10
- Cleveland Clinic Staff Mentorship training 1/ 2010
- Palatucci Patient Advocacy training 1/2011
- Engaging Women Leaders: Setting Your Goals , 3/3/09
- The Science and Clinical Application of Integrative Holistic Medicine , San Diego, CA 11/16-21/08
- Using Sharepoint CCA 7/24/08
- Situational Leadership CCA 7/1/08
- Tools and Tips for Information Management , 10/21/08
- Patient Experience Within the Revenue Cycle, 11/25/08
- Writing Educational Objectives, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- What the CEO Wants you to Know: Building Business Acumen, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Process Improvement, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Essentials of Clinical Teaching and Assessment Retreat, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Biostatics and Statistical Computing, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Research Methods Module I, Clinical Epidemiology, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Human Research Subjects Protection Training, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Network of Pediatric MS Centers Steering Committee
- Director of Pediatric MS, Mellen Center
- Director of Wellness, Mellen Center
- Principal Investigator of Clinical trials
- President of Women's Professional Staff Association 2017-2019
- International Pediatric MS Study Group 2011- Present
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Adult Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric NMO Wellness for MS patients, Integrative Medicine , NMO, Devics disease Clinical trials , Complementary Alternative Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Clinical Neurology Award, Medical College of Ohio, 1992
- Alumni of the Year, St. Francis of Assisi, 2003
- Distinguished Educator Level I Certificate, ClevelandClinic, 2007
- Best Doctors of Cleveland, Cleveland Magazine, 2010-present
- Caregiver Celebration Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2013,2014
- Mentor Recognition Award, Cleveland Clinic, 2015
- Service award for Career Development and Coaching, Cleveland Clinic, 2016
- Outstanding preceptor for Medical students, Cleveland Clinic, 2019
Innovations & Patents
- American Academy of Neurology, Fellow
- Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board Certification of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/6/2022, Dr. Rensel has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Fiduciary Role. Dr. Rensel serves in a fiduciary capacity, such as an elected officer, director or chief medical officer, for the following companies or other entities:
- Brain Fresh, LLC
- Brain Ops Group, LLC
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
93 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2022
Dr. Rensel is amazing! We are blessed to have her as our doctor.
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2022
Dr. Rensel is the best! She is very caring and concerned and helps me out so much. I look up to her and respect her and her expertise.
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2022
Dr. Rensel is wonderful! She takes her time and really listens. She provided mw with information and options. I've learned so much about my disease by talking with her. She was caring and compassionate. She goes above and beyond.
Reviewed on Aug 5, 2022
Dr. Rensel and I have a 20 year relationship. She has guided me through the many stages of MS from beginning to now. I depend on Dr. Rensel tremendously.
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2022
Dr. Rensel has bee my doctor for over 20 years and she has always been there for me. She excellent.
Reviewed on Jul 27, 2022
Dr. Goldschmidt left the clinic and set me up with Dr. Rensel. I was very impressed with the interest Dr. Rensel had in my case. It was a good visit.
Reviewed on May 18, 2022
This is the first time I have spent an hour with a doctor in the examination room and truly felt heard. She was so thorough and helpful.
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2022
Dr Rensel cares about her patients. She is always prepared to answer my questions.
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2022
Extremely professional, informative, answered every question and for cherry on top she was very kind. I'm impressed.
Reviewed on Mar 30, 2022
Dr. Rensel is always very nice and very professional. She answered all my questions and concerns.
Reviewed on Feb 2, 2022
Dr. Rensel is truly the best!
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2022
Dr. Rensel is the most amazing physician I've ever had.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.