Treatment & Services
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Optic Neuritis
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
- Transverse Myelitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
Toledo, OH USA
Undergraduate - Gannon University
Erie, PA USA
- Quality as Value in Healthcare: What do current changes mean? 11/1/12
- Resonant Leadership: Creating Sustainable Leaders Through Mindfulness, Hope & Compassion, 9/11/12
- Middle East Cultural Competence: Culture, Patient Care and Working Relationships
- The Business of Healthcare, 10/12/11
- Foundations of Healthcare Communication for Physicians, 9/13/11
- Investigator Human Subject Research Education track 2/17/10
- Cleveland Clinic Staff Mentorship training 1/ 2010
- Palatucci Patient Advocacy training 1/2011
- Engaging Women Leaders: Setting Your Goals , 3/3/09
- The Science and Clinical Application of Integrative Holistic Medicine , San Diego, CA 11/16-21/08
- Using Sharepoint CCA 7/24/08
- Situational Leadership CCA 7/1/08
- Tools and Tips for Information Management , 10/21/08
- Patient Experience Within the Revenue Cycle, 11/25/08
- Writing Educational Objectives, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- What the CEO Wants you to Know: Building Business Acumen, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Process Improvement, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Essentials of Clinical Teaching and Assessment Retreat, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Biostatics and Statistical Computing, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Research Methods Module I, Clinical Epidemiology, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Human Research Subjects Protection Training, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Network of Pediatric MS Centers Steering Committee
- Director of Pediatric MS, Mellen Center
- Director of Wellness, Mellen Center
- Principal Investigator of Clinical trials
- President of Women's Professional Staff Association
- International Pediatric MS Study Group 2011- Present
Adult Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric NMO Wellness for MS patients, Integrative Medicine , NMO, Devics disease Clinical trials , Complementary Alternative Medicine
Awards & Honors
- College of Ohio Clinical Neurology Award 1992
- Alumni of the Year, St. Francis of Assisi 2003
- Distinguished Educator Level I Certificate awarded 2007
- Best Doctors of Cleveland 2010 -2013, Cleveland Magazine
- Caregiver Celebration Award 2013
Innovations & Patents
- American Academy of Neurology, Fellow
- Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board Certification of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/3/2020, Dr. Rensel has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Rensel receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Sanofi Genzyme
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Biogen Idec, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
110 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
21 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 14, 2020
Amazing staff and amazing doctor
Reviewed on Nov 22, 2019
This doctor was TRULY EXCELLENT in every way!
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2019
I had questions concerning my blood work I received that day. results were sent the next day. I visited My Chart and Dr. Rendel's nurse practitioner emailed me the same day and answered my questions. talk about service, I was very impressed.I
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2019
Dr. Rensel is great! I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is a wealth of information. she gives great insight and help. She keeps us coming back and doing a long drive - about 4 hours one way.
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2019
dr. rensel is a very caring, good doctor in my opinion. I would and have recommended her to others
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2019
Both Dr. Rensel and Fellow Dr. Feng were very thorough with their assessment and listened closely to my thoughts and concerns.
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2019
Dr. Rensel was excellent! I look forward to partnering with her for my healthcare.
Reviewed on Jul 17, 2019
Dr. Rensel was excellent and I would recommend her to anyone.
Reviewed on Jun 18, 2019
Everyone was exstremely good with me great attitudes and no one including Dr. Rensel made me feel like my problems where just in my head and that I was just there for meds. Which meant a whole lot to me, they actually listened to what I had to say, and took care of me the way I needed.
Reviewed on May 15, 2019
Always an excellent visit with Dr Rensel. She answers all of my questions, shows concern for my care, and offers information to assist me with any further needs I might have.
Reviewed on May 13, 2019
i have already recommended this provider to phycians we work with. extremely impressed with the time she took, thoughness of exam and her explanation of process
Reviewed on May 7, 2019
The doctor took her time and was very knowledgeable
Reviewed on May 7, 2019
Dr. Rensel was very respectful and patient. She answered all my questions.
Reviewed on May 1, 2019
I always refer Dr. Rensel on my MS chat groups.
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2019
The original time and date of the appointment needed to be changed because Dr Desirwe called off ill. Dr Rensel worked me into her busy, busy schedule. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Dr Rensel has been my neurologist since 1999. I felt great to see her again !
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2019
Dr Rensel has been my neurologist since 1998. I just love her. My appointment with her colleagues was canceled so she rearranged her busy schedule to work me in to her already busy day!
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2019
I left my appointment very happy. Dr. Rensel was able to provide information I had been looking for. Dr. Rensel is amazing and I am very happy I saw her.
Reviewed on Apr 10, 2019
Dr. Remsel is a wonderful doctor. I feel very comfortable with her. she always makes it a priority to go over all my tests answered all of my questions and I feel I am getting excellent care. over the years and now I'm so thankful Dr. Rensel is my neurologist.
Reviewed on Apr 2, 2019
Dr. Rensel has been managing my MS over 10 years. I trust her implicitly.
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2019
Dr. Rensel was very sweet and informative in my healthcare and answered all questions I had very well too..
Reviewed on Feb 27, 2019
Dr. Rensel was really awesome! I had some apprehension about my diagnosis but she kept the mood very light and upbeat! I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders when the appointment was over.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.