Treatment & Services
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Optic Neuritis
- Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis
- Transverse Myelitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
Toledo, OH USA
Undergraduate - Gannon University
Erie, PA USA
- Quality as Value in Healthcare: What do current changes mean? 11/1/12
- Resonant Leadership: Creating Sustainable Leaders Through Mindfulness, Hope & Compassion, 9/11/12
- Middle East Cultural Competence: Culture, Patient Care and Working Relationships
- The Business of Healthcare, 10/12/11
- Foundations of Healthcare Communication for Physicians, 9/13/11
- Investigator Human Subject Research Education track 2/17/10
- Cleveland Clinic Staff Mentorship training 1/ 2010
- Palatucci Patient Advocacy training 1/2011
- Engaging Women Leaders: Setting Your Goals , 3/3/09
- The Science and Clinical Application of Integrative Holistic Medicine , San Diego, CA 11/16-21/08
- Using Sharepoint CCA 7/24/08
- Situational Leadership CCA 7/1/08
- Tools and Tips for Information Management , 10/21/08
- Patient Experience Within the Revenue Cycle, 11/25/08
- Writing Educational Objectives, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- What the CEO Wants you to Know: Building Business Acumen, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Process Improvement, Physician Leadership University, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Essentials of Clinical Teaching and Assessment Retreat, Cleveland Clinic, 2006
- Biostatics and Statistical Computing, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Research Methods Module I, Clinical Epidemiology, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Human Research Subjects Protection Training, Cleveland Clinic, 2002
- Network of Pediatric MS Centers Steering Committee
- Director of Pediatric MS, Mellen Center
- Director of Wellness, Mellen Center
- Principal Investigator of Clinical trials
- President of Women's Professional Staff Association
- International Pediatric MS Study Group 2011- Present
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Adult Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric NMO Wellness for MS patients, Integrative Medicine , NMO, Devics disease Clinical trials , Complementary Alternative Medicine
Awards & Honors
- College of Ohio Clinical Neurology Award 1992
- Alumni of the Year, St. Francis of Assisi 2003
- Distinguished Educator Level I Certificate awarded 2007
- Best Doctors of Cleveland 2010 -2013, Cleveland Magazine
- Caregiver Celebration Award 2013
Innovations & Patents
- American Academy of Neurology, Fellow
- Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board Certification of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/3/2020, Dr. Rensel has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Rensel receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Biogen Idec, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
113 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
20 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 8, 2021
Dr. Rensel has been involved in my care for 7 years on and off. She is thorough, caring, patient and detailed in her understanding of your specific case. I am very thankful for Dr. Rensel. I even travel a distance to see her!
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2020
Dr Rensel is the best neurologist in Cleveland Clinic hands down !
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
Doctor Rensel shows good care, great care for my health situation.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
My visit with doctor rensel went very well
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
first time meeting this doctor. love how Clinic doctors always make me feel important and take all the time necessary without seeming to be in a rush
Reviewed on Sep 10, 2020
one of the best physician experiences I've ever had- and I'm picky. competence and listening/responding to my needs and concerns.
Reviewed on Jul 29, 2020
Considering my last visit with Dr. Rensel was 6 yrs ago, I was extremely impressed with how well she remembered me and my individual situation
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2020
Dr. Rensel was very knowledgeable. She took time to listen to me and explain things.
Reviewed on Jul 15, 2020
Dr Rensell Is a very compassionate care provider.
Reviewed on Jul 10, 2020
I really liked Dr.Remsel I was not sure someone could replace Dr.Willis . But I think I was wrong.
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2020
I had a great experience with Dr. Rensel. I am confident that my decision to switch to CCF was a good one.
Reviewed on Jun 3, 2020
Dr was very nice and went over everything to make sure I understood what was going on with my brain
Reviewed on May 13, 2020
Dr. Rensel is very caring.
Reviewed on May 12, 2020
convenient and easy to set up video chat. the doctor was informative and patient. truly cares about my concerns. took his time with me and made sure that all my questions were answered and that I understood the answers. thank you!
Reviewed on May 5, 2020
Always a good experience Dr. Rensel and her staff are the best
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020
Always wonderful to be able to deal with Ms Dr Rensel
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2020
This was my first Virtual Visit and I was somewhat nervous. Dr. Rensel made it easy.
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2020
love Dr. Rensel
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020
thank you for everything the doctor said and very understanding all her comments
Reviewed on Feb 14, 2020
Amazing staff and amazing doctor
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.