Treatment & Services
- Anterior approach total hip replacement
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy Knee Surgery
- Birmingham Resurfacing Procedure of the Hip
- Bone Marrow Concentrate Hip
- Care of the Young Athlete
- Cartilage Repair
- Cartilage Transplantation
- Clinical Trials
- Complex Pelvic Surgery
- Complex Primary Hip Arthroplasty
- Complex Primary Knee Arthroplasty
- Core Decompression Surgery
- Deformity Correction
- Distal femoral osteotomy (DFO)
- Femoral osteotomy/derotational osteotomy
- Ganz Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
- Hamstring repair
- High tibial osteotomy (HTO)
- Hip & Knee Surgery
- Hip Abductor Gluteus Repair
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Cartilage Repair
- Hip Enthesopathy
- Hip Osteotomy
- Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Preservation
- Joint Preservation Center
- Joint Preserving Hip Surgery
- Joint Reconstruction
- Joint Replacement Of The Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Osteotomy
- Knee Surgery
- Labrum Tears
- Management Of Early Hip Disease
- Minimally Invasive Hip Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Joint Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patello-femoral Knee Surgery
- Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
- Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP)
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP)
- Primary And Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Primary And Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Reconstructive Surgery Of The Hip
- Reconstructive Surgery Of The Knee
- Resurfacing Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Robotic Assisted Hip Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Robotic Knee and Hip Arthroplasty
- Second Opinion
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Subchondroplasty (Hip/ Knee)
- Surgical Hip Dislocation (SDH)
- Surgical Treatment Of Arthritis Of The Hips And Knees
- Therapeutic Injections
- Ultrasound-guided Procedures
- Viscosupplementation Injections
- Women's Sports Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Arthritis Of The Hip
- Arthritis Of The Knee
- Avascular Necrosis
- Avascular Necrosis Of The Hip
- Avascular Necrosis Of The Knee
- Benign Hypermobility Joint Syndrome
- Developmental Dislocation of the Hip
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Hip Cartilage Injury
- Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Fracture
- Hip Impingement
- Hip Instability
- Hip Labral Tears
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Cartilage Injury
- Knee Fractures
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Lower Extremity Deformity
- Marfan Syndrome
- Meniscal Tears
- Musculoskeletal Injuries In Athletes
- Osteoarthritis Of The Hips And Knees In The Elderly
- Pediatric And Adolescent Hip Disorders
- Pelvic Disorders
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Sports Injuries
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics
Rochester, MN USA
Residency - University of Pennsylvania Health System
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical Education - Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA USA
- Maurice Muller Foundation - Fellowship in Hip Reconstruction Europe 2013
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, CCLCM/ CWRU
- Board-certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons - Evidence-Based Quality and Value committee
- Vice Chair, Quality and Safety - Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Joint preservation (hip and knee), Ganz osteotomy (periacetabular osteotomy - PAO), Surgical hip dislocation, Direct anterior hip replacement, Hip arthroscopy, Primary and revision hip replacement (arthroplasty), Primary and revision knee replacement (arthroplasty), Avascular necrosis; core decompression (hip, knee), Developmental and post-traumatic disorders of hip and knee, Hip dysplasia (DDH, CDH), Hip instability, Sequelae of slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE), Legg-Calves-Perthes (LCP) disease, Sports injuries of hip and knee, Labral tears of the hip, Femoroacetabular impingement, Cartilage injury - repair and restoration
Awards & Honors
- Board Member, Maurice Muller Foundation
- American Orthopedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leader
- Fellow, Health Policy, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Marvin E. Steinberg Award for Excellence in Adult Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Research & Education Foundation (OREF) / Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) Clinical Practice Award
- Mark B. Coventry Adult Reconstructive Surgery Award, Mayo Clinic
- Hip Society Rothman-Ranawat Traveling Fellowship
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee (AAHKS)
- Anterior Hip Foundation
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/10/2021, Dr. Kamath has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Kamath receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Depuy Orthopaedics, Inc.
- United Orthopedic Corporation
- Zimmer, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
202 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
30 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2021
I was very impressed with Dr Kameth !!
Reviewed on May 24, 2021
My insurance company was giving me a real problem approving my surgery. The staff of Dr. Kamath was extremely helpful and was able to straighten everything out for me. I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Kamath or his team.
Reviewed on May 24, 2021
I have been searching for 15 years for a surgeon to help me. Dr. Kamath is the first one who didn't just look at my age and refuse to help me because I wasn't old enough. I am forever grateful to him and his staff. I finally have my life back.
Reviewed on May 24, 2021
Dr. Kamath is awesome! Changed my life for the better. Thanks again.
Reviewed on May 20, 2021
Everyone was very nice and made me feel very welcome to be there. I highly recommend Doctor Kamath and the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on May 10, 2021
Dr. Kamath eased my mind about a surgical procedure that I was going to have done by another surgeon in my home town.
Reviewed on Apr 26, 2021
I have referred 3 friends and they have been seen by Dr. Kamath.
Reviewed on Apr 22, 2021
Already have recommended Dr Kamath
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2021
Access to actual doctors office could be made easier.
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2021
Dr Kamath and staff are very engaged
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2021
I had a great visit Dr. said I'm healing nicely
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2021
Very nice doctors thank you.
Reviewed on Jan 7, 2021
dr. is the BESTT
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2021
highly recommend Doctor Atul Kamath. He is caring, professional and speaks at a level easy to understand.
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2020
I have no reservations about referring Dr. Kamath and his team (in fact, I already have!)
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2020
*Dr. Kamath excellent. Doctor who saw me @ hospital didn't seem too caring. In a rush. Didn't listen.
Reviewed on Dec 10, 2020
Dr Kamath is a very knowledgeable and caring person
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2020
It is nice to have a doctor who talks with you and not down at you.
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2020
I cannot begin to express how wonderful I was treated from the initial phone call to the Orthopedics office to set up an appointment, to the IT call to help get My Chart set up, to my virtual Doctor's visit with Dr. Kamath, to the scheduling of my upcoming surgery and finally to the registration process. Everyone I have had contact with so far at Cleveland Clinic has gone above and beyond to assist me. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Kamath accept me as a patient and "fix" me. I honestly can say I am looking forward to my surgery and visit to the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2020
plain spoken good doctor.
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2020
*Dr. Kamath is the best.
Reviewed on Nov 19, 2020
can't get any better than perfection!Dr Kamath and his team are the most approachable and friendly team anywhere!
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2020
Doctor Kamath and his staff are very professional. I am very pleased about my appointment.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
my 2nd TKR. Could not have gone better. Dr Kamath is amazing and gave me my mobility back! He also listened and worked with me before my surgery so that I could be mobile and thoroughly enjoy the trip of a lifetime to Italy!
Reviewed on Oct 29, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 24, 2020
Dr Kamath is generous with his time
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
Dr Kamath and his nurse, Lisa, are excellent in every way. Great assets to the Clinic!
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2020
Dr Kamath and his PA both spent as much time with me as I needed to feel clear about the plan
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2020
The meeting went very well with Dr. Kamath. Liked the virtual format. I asked a few following questions in the email on MyChart and I have not yet received a response from Dr. Kamath. The system indicated they received my questions and he would be responding within 3 days. It has now been 8 days and no response yet. Thanks, Laura
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
All of my questions and concerns were addressed. I feel that Dr Kamath and Lisa S, NP, care for me as a person and were happy to see the progress I had made since my surgery.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.