Treatment & Services
- Anterior approach total hip replacement
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy Knee Surgery
- Birmingham Resurfacing Procedure of the Hip
- Bone Marrow Concentrate Hip
- Care of the Young Athlete
- Cartilage Repair
- Cartilage Transplantation
- Clinical Trials
- Complex Pelvic Surgery
- Complex Primary Hip Arthroplasty
- Complex Primary Knee Arthroplasty
- Core Decompression Surgery
- Deformity Correction
- Distal femoral osteotomy (DFO)
- Femoral osteotomy/derotational osteotomy
- Ganz Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
- Hamstring repair
- High tibial osteotomy (HTO)
- Hip & Knee Surgery
- Hip Abductor Gluteus Repair
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Cartilage Repair
- Hip Enthesopathy
- Hip Osteotomy
- Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Preservation
- Joint Preservation Center
- Joint Preserving Hip Surgery
- Joint Reconstruction
- Joint Replacement Of The Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Osteotomy
- Knee Surgery
- Labrum Tears
- Management Of Early Hip Disease
- Minimally Invasive Hip Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Joint Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patello-femoral Knee Surgery
- Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO)
- Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP)
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP)
- Primary And Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Primary And Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Reconstructive Surgery Of The Hip
- Reconstructive Surgery Of The Knee
- Resurfacing Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Robotic Assisted Hip Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Robotic Knee and Hip Arthroplasty
- Second Opinion
- Subchondroplasty (Hip/ Knee)
- Surgical Hip Dislocation (SDH)
- Surgical Treatment Of Arthritis Of The Hips And Knees
- Therapeutic Injections
- Ultrasound-guided Procedures
- Viscosupplementation Injections
- Women's Sports Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Arthritis Of The Hip
- Arthritis Of The Knee
- Avascular Necrosis
- Avascular Necrosis Of The Hip
- Avascular Necrosis Of The Knee
- Benign Hypermobility Joint Syndrome
- Developmental Dislocation of the Hip
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Hip Cartilage Injury
- Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Fracture
- Hip Impingement
- Hip Instability
- Hip Labral Tears
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Cartilage Injury
- Knee Fractures
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease
- Lower Extremity Deformity
- Marfan Syndrome
- Meniscal Tears
- Musculoskeletal Injuries In Athletes
- Osteoarthritis Of The Hips And Knees In The Elderly
- Pediatric And Adolescent Hip Disorders
- Pelvic Disorders
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Sports Injuries
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - Case Western Reserve University
Exec Master of Business Admin
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics
Rochester, MN USA
Residency - University of Pennsylvania Health System
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical Education - Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA USA
- Maurice Muller Foundation - Fellowship in Hip Reconstruction Europe 2013
- Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, CCLCM/ CWRU
- Board-certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons - Evidence-Based Quality and Value committee
- Vice Chair, Quality and Safety - Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute
- Clinical Innovation Lead - Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Joint preservation (hip and knee), Ganz osteotomy (periacetabular osteotomy - PAO), Surgical hip dislocation, Direct anterior hip replacement, Hip arthroscopy, Primary and revision hip replacement (arthroplasty), Primary and revision knee replacement (arthroplasty), Avascular necrosis; core decompression (hip, knee), Developmental and post-traumatic disorders of hip and knee, Hip dysplasia (DDH, CDH), Hip instability, Sequelae of slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE), Legg-Calves-Perthes (LCP) disease, Sports injuries of hip and knee, Labral tears of the hip, Femoroacetabular impingement, Cartilage injury - repair and restoration
Awards & Honors
- Board Member, Maurice Muller Foundation
- American Orthopedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leader
- Fellow, Health Policy, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Marvin E. Steinberg Award for Excellence in Adult Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Research & Education Foundation (OREF) / Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) Clinical Practice Award
- Mark B. Coventry Adult Reconstructive Surgery Award, Mayo Clinic
- Hip Society Rothman-Ranawat Traveling Fellowship
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee (AAHKS)
- Anterior Hip Foundation
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 6/24/2022, Dr. Kamath has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Kamath receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Zimmer, Inc.
- Ortho Development Corporation
- United Orthopedic Corporation
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
89 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
15 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 16, 2023
I was very glad to meet Dr. Kamath. He is really Nice and pleasant Dr.
Reviewed on Jan 16, 2023
Dr Kamath is always well prepared for appointments. You know that he cares because he takes time to review prior visits and is immediately ready to discuss the current situation.
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2023
Dr. Kamaths staff is very professional and promptly returns calls. They very efficiently processed the paperwork for my employers short term disability in a very timely manner.
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2023
I have already recommended Dr. Kamath and his staff to everyone in my circle who asks about my recent surgery
Reviewed on Dec 23, 2022
Dr Kamanth went over hip surgical procedure, explained everything really well. Greatly appreciated him taking the time to talk with me about it.
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2022
This doctor is top tier, so don't lose him. Brilliant!
Reviewed on Oct 17, 2022
Dr Kamath was respectful and listened. He really cared about me. I can't say enough about how pleased I am!
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2022
Dr Kamath was a pleasure to work with, I am already recommending him to anyone interested in hip replacement
Reviewed on May 26, 2022
Dr Kamath is so very approachable. I feel he gives me the same treatment that he'd give a family member...can't get any better than that!
Reviewed on May 23, 2022
Dr.Kamath was exceptional in his ability to explain everything! 10 out of 10 !!!
Reviewed on Apr 7, 2022
It was easy to change my appt from main campus to Independence. Dr. Atul's staff is very kind and helpful.
Reviewed on Apr 7, 2022
My overall experience with Dr. Kamath and his staff has been wonderful. They are caring and respond quickly and thoroughly to cocerns.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2022
I was pleasantly surprised at the time the doctor took to talk to me, describe my injury, explain his treatment plan and answered my questions. This was a second opinion and he took more ti.e and concern than the doctor I had seen locally. Highly recommend him and this office.
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2022
Both Dr. Kamath and his PA were very attentive and took their time with my case.
Reviewed on Feb 24, 2022
Very pleasant visit and doctor was very kind.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.