Zeina Nahleh, MD
Treatment & Services
- Blood Tests
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Breast Exam
- Breast Health
- Cancer Center
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Cancer Screening
- Cancer Supportive Care
- Clinical Trials
- Endocrine Treatment
- Genetic Testing
- Inpatient Care
- Palliative Medicine
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Breast - Malignant Neoplasm
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer - Mass, Lump or Swelling
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - The George Washington University Medical Center
Hematology and Oncology
Washington, DC USA
Residency - George Wash. Univ. School of Medicine
Washington, DC USA
Residency - American University of Beirut
Medical School - American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine
New York, NY USA
Undergraduate - American University of Beirut
- Dr. Nahleh is a Certified Principal Investigator (CPI) by the Academy of Clinical Research Professionals
Dr. Nahleh subspecializes in Breast Cancer and Cancer Survivorship. Her research interests were funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the Cancer Prevention Institute of Texas (CPRIT) and several scientific agencies, and focuses on innovative treatment of breast cancer, cancer survivorship care and improving the quality of life of cancer patients.
Dr Nahleh has authored over 50 articles and book chapters in the field of cancer and breast cancer research. Dr. Nahleh has a double American Board certification in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Hematology & Medical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
Awards & Honors
- Dr. Nahleh has received numerous awards including the “Hero of Breast Cancer Award for Scientific Distinction”, the “Top Oncologists in El Paso, TX Award” , the “Patients’ Choice Award”, the "Dean's Excellence in Research Award” , and the “ Distinguished Chancellor’s Council Award for Research” from the Texas Tech University Systems
- Dr. Nahleh is a principal investigator in the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and has authored 2 SWOG protocols in Breast Cancer Neoadjuvant Therapy and Male Breast Cancer. She served in the NCI – Neoadjuvant and Metastatic breast committees and is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American College of Physicians.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/16/2018, Dr. Nahleh has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.