Treatment & Services
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- General Neurology
- Interpretation of EEG in the critical care setting
- Intracranial EEG monitoring and brain mapping for presurgical evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
- Autonomic Nervous System Function
- Back Pain
- Bell's Palsy
- Brachial Plexus
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (cidp)
- Complex Epilepsy in Adults
- Fahr's Syndrome
- Gait Dysfunction
- Geriatric Epilepsy
- Huntington's Disease
- Intractable (Drug Resistant) Epilepsy
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurofibromatosis Causing Epilepsy
- Neurologic Conditions
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury Causing Seizures
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Toronto Hospitals
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Medical School - Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Master of Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
- Master in Health Services Administration, Barry University School of Natural and Health Sciences, Miami, Fla.
- Certificate, Risk Management, Florida Risk Management Institute, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Internal Medicine
- Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
Movement disorders, Parkinson's Disease
Awards & Honors
- Upsilon Phi Delta Society, Honor Society, Barry University Health Services Administration, 2007
- Best Doctors in America, 2007
- America’s Top Physicians, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2003, 2005, 2006
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2007
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Distinguished Physician Certificate, Florida Medical Association, 2005
- Donald Patalucci Fellowship Award, American Academy of Neurology, January 6-9, 2005, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Barry University School of Natural and Health Related Sciences, R.A. Ritter Foundation Scholarship Award, 2004, 2005
- Ms. Pauline Braathen state donation for Movement Disorders Research, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, for teaching at the Medical School, 2003
- National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence Award, National Parkinson Foundation, Miami, Fla., 2001-2002
- Donation for Parkinson’s Disease Clinic and Alzheimer’s Disease Research, John and Margaret Krupa Charitable Foundation, 2000
- Who’s Who in America, 2000
- Ronald and Patty Rosenfeld International Traveling Fellowship Award for Movement Disorders fellowship at The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Cleveland Clinic, 1994/1995
- Highest Honor for Graduate Thesis leading to MD degree; Velocidad de conduccion motora y latencias sensoriales, Estudio en una poblacion infantil guatemalteca; published by the University of San Carlos, 1983
- Diploma Guatemalan Red Cross Medical Center, Best student and First Place, Fourth Year Medical School, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala; Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, 1980
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/2/2015, Dr. Galvez-Jimenez has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Galvez-Jimenez receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
148 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2018
Great doc. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Modest and unassuming. Doctor's doctor!!
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2018
I recommend Doctor N. Galvez highly, I doubt I would let another Doctor give me these shots, as they are in the vocal chords. I am very pleased with my Doctor. It is more a distance problem than anything else.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2018
my experience in the Cleveland Clinic was excelent; dr. Galvez and Angela his assistance were very kind, helpfull and give me all the attention that I needed. i am very pleased with my visit to the Clinic and my 3 months follow up
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2018
dr. Galvez is a doctor with patience, good listener and take a good care about his patientes, I felt confortable and he make me feel better with his prescriptions and advices
Reviewed on Apr 11, 2018
Dr. Galvez and his Staff are always ready to help!
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2018
Dr Galvez and Angela are great, I am switching my Dr in Puerto Rico to be under his care.
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2018
Dr Galvez is a great physician, very caring with the patient
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2018
Love Dr Galvez and staff. He works with me and makes sure I'm ok. I totally trust Dr Galvez and would recommend him highly!
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.