Treatment & Services
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) Interpretations
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- General Neurology
- Intracranial EEG Monitoring and Brain Mapping for Presurgical Evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
- Autonomic Nervous System Function
- Back Pain
- Balance Disorders
- Bell's Palsy
- Brachial Plexus
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP)
- Complex Epilepsy in Adults
- Fahr's Syndrome
- Gait Dysfunction
- Geriatric Epilepsy
- Huntington's Disease
- Intractable (Drug Resistant) Epilepsy
- Malformations of Cortical Development
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurofibromatosis Causing Epilepsy
- Neurologic Conditions
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Status Epilepticus (Continuous Seizures)
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
- Tic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury Causing Seizures
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Toronto Hospitals
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Medical Education - Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Master of Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
- Master in Health Services Administration, Barry University School of Natural and Health Sciences, Miami, Fla.
- Certificate, Risk Management, Florida Risk Management Institute, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Internal Medicine
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
Movement disorders, Parkinson's Disease
Awards & Honors
- Upsilon Phi Delta Society, Honor Society, Barry University Health Services Administration, 2007
- Best Doctors in America, 2007
- America’s Top Physicians, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2003, 2005, 2006
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2007
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Distinguished Physician Certificate, Florida Medical Association, 2005
- Donald Patalucci Fellowship Award, American Academy of Neurology, January 6-9, 2005, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Barry University School of Natural and Health Related Sciences, R.A. Ritter Foundation Scholarship Award, 2004, 2005
- Ms. Pauline Braathen state donation for Movement Disorders Research, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, for teaching at the Medical School, 2003
- National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence Award, National Parkinson Foundation, Miami, Fla., 2001-2002
- Donation for Parkinson’s Disease Clinic and Alzheimer’s Disease Research, John and Margaret Krupa Charitable Foundation, 2000
- Who’s Who in America, 2000
- Ronald and Patty Rosenfeld International Traveling Fellowship Award for Movement Disorders fellowship at The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Cleveland Clinic, 1994/1995
- Highest Honor for Graduate Thesis leading to MD degree; Velocidad de conduccion motora y latencias sensoriales, Estudio en una poblacion infantil guatemalteca; published by the University of San Carlos, 1983
- Diploma Guatemalan Red Cross Medical Center, Best student and First Place, Fourth Year Medical School, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala; Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, 1980
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/29/2021, Dr. Galvez-Jimenez has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Galvez-Jimenez receives fees of $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) as a paid consultant, speaker or as a member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
267 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.4|
38 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2023
Both my husband and myself (I am the patient) was very impressed with the doctor. He seems to be caring, understanding, and professional. He listened to my concerns.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2023
Dr Orlando was friendly and thorough. We would love to see him there permanently.
Reviewed on Sep 12, 2023
This was an initial apt to test for an autoimmune disease. Dr. Did a good job explaining the process of series of tests required to diagnose. And discussed steps if the diagnosis was negative.
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2023
Initial appointment was cancelled because doctor was not going to be available. But then needed to wait another month for next available
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2023
The treatment of Dr. Galvez with my wife and us during the consult couldn't be better. Thank you for having such wonderful doctor in your staff
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2023
Dr Galvez is the best
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2023
Dr. Galvez took the timeout to explain my situation to me, while using words and terminologies, that could be understood by a five year old. I was never so impressed with his methodology. A simple way to engage a patient with the next steps in their recovery.
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2023
My Doctor is very good at his job. I have been going to him since 2010.
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2023
Dr. Galves an amazing doctor. He is caring and just a great doctor
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2023
Doctor Galvez is an amazing physician. He's been taking wonderful care of me for about a dozen years. I trust him both with my health and now the health of my youngest daughter also. A lovely man who is a true professional and caring human being.
Reviewed on Jul 27, 2023
The doctor was very helpful
Reviewed on Jul 27, 2023
The quality of the services is amazing , doctor is very kind, respectful, I love the services provided from Cleveland Clinic and the doctor, nurses and the ladies fromThe front desk
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2023
Dr Galvez is wonderful! He's direct, respectful, thorough and kind. He gets the job done with ease and makes sure I'm ok.
Reviewed on Jul 25, 2023
Dr. Galveston is an exceptional physician. He is extremely knowledgeable abd has excellent bedside manners.
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2023
I feel very happy with attentions all personal Doctor nurse
Reviewed on Jun 8, 2023
Dr. Galvez an excellent doctor
Reviewed on Jun 6, 2023
I understand my case is somewhat complicated. Doctor galvaz explain it as best he could with the information he had
Reviewed on May 17, 2023
Dr Galvez is fantastic.
Reviewed on May 17, 2023
I drive almost 2 hours for Dr Galvez's care because he's the best
Reviewed on May 4, 2023
I have the highest regard for Dr. Nestor Galvez and the healthcare service he provides.
Reviewed on May 3, 2023
Doctor Galves is just a amazing doctor I only want to care for my needs
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2023
I have always been comfortable with my Health Care Provider and have recommended them to friends and family.
Reviewed on Apr 11, 2023
Dr.Galvez was exceptional kind and patient to me. He spent lot of time listening to me explaining my problems. He also took time to listen to my relatives who accompanied me to the hospital.
Reviewed on Apr 6, 2023
It was a wonderful experience. Dr. Galvez was very knowledgable.
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2023
Dr has great bedside manner and very knowledgeable!
Reviewed on Mar 14, 2023
Doctor Galvez was patient and thorough. He asked pertinent questions to assist in his evaluation and included me in next-step considerations and care-plan creation.
Reviewed on Mar 13, 2023
Dr. Galvez was EXCELLENT
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2023
I've been Dr. Galvez patient since Cleveland Clinic was on the beach, before Weston. He is ver knowledgeable in the area of my problem which is Deep Brain Stimulator. He is warm and kind too.
Reviewed on Mar 7, 2023
The visit was excellent The doctor was very knowledgeable, courteous and observant. However, the time frame to get the necessary, MRIs, MRAs, etc. That needs to be done is almost 3months out from the time of my visit.
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2023
I would like to say 7 years ago when I seen Dr Galvez. I had a drop face he did some test sent me to Dr Addar I am going to be 80 this year a my face it as straight as an Arrow thanks to Dr Galvez
Reviewed on Feb 23, 2023
Doctor went above and beyond to inform me of plan and scheduled numerous tests to find problem and solution
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2023
Dr Galvez is one of the best Dr's at Cleveland Clinic
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2023
Extremely happy with Dr. Galvez
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2023
Dr Galvez is outstanding and personable
Reviewed on Jan 31, 2023
Would recommend Dr Galvez to my friends
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2023
Love Dr. Galvez
Reviewed on Dec 14, 2022
My appointment was made with the wrong Doctor but they took care of it and I got Dr Nestor Galvez do my Botox injection he is the only one who can do it.I appreciated that because I'm traveling from Port Saint Lucie to do my treatment.
Reviewed on Dec 13, 2022
Dr Galvez made me feel comfortable and confident to get to root of problem.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.