Treatment & Services
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- General Neurology
- Interpretation of EEG in the critical care setting
- Intracranial EEG monitoring and brain mapping for presurgical evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
- Autonomic Nervous System Function
- Back Pain
- Bell's Palsy
- Brachial Plexus
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (cidp)
- Complex Epilepsy in Adults
- Fahr's Syndrome
- Gait Dysfunction
- Geriatric Epilepsy
- Huntington's Disease
- Intractable (Drug Resistant) Epilepsy
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurofibromatosis Causing Epilepsy
- Neurologic Conditions
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury Causing Seizures
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Toronto Hospitals
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Medical Education - Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Master of Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
- Master in Health Services Administration, Barry University School of Natural and Health Sciences, Miami, Fla.
- Certificate, Risk Management, Florida Risk Management Institute, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Internal Medicine
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
Movement disorders, Parkinson's Disease
Awards & Honors
- Upsilon Phi Delta Society, Honor Society, Barry University Health Services Administration, 2007
- Best Doctors in America, 2007
- America’s Top Physicians, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2003, 2005, 2006
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2007
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Distinguished Physician Certificate, Florida Medical Association, 2005
- Donald Patalucci Fellowship Award, American Academy of Neurology, January 6-9, 2005, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Barry University School of Natural and Health Related Sciences, R.A. Ritter Foundation Scholarship Award, 2004, 2005
- Ms. Pauline Braathen state donation for Movement Disorders Research, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, for teaching at the Medical School, 2003
- National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence Award, National Parkinson Foundation, Miami, Fla., 2001-2002
- Donation for Parkinson’s Disease Clinic and Alzheimer’s Disease Research, John and Margaret Krupa Charitable Foundation, 2000
- Who’s Who in America, 2000
- Ronald and Patty Rosenfeld International Traveling Fellowship Award for Movement Disorders fellowship at The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Cleveland Clinic, 1994/1995
- Highest Honor for Graduate Thesis leading to MD degree; Velocidad de conduccion motora y latencias sensoriales, Estudio en una poblacion infantil guatemalteca; published by the University of San Carlos, 1983
- Diploma Guatemalan Red Cross Medical Center, Best student and First Place, Fourth Year Medical School, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala; Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, 1980
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/10/2020, Dr. Galvez-Jimenez has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Galvez-Jimenez receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
204 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.5|
31 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 12, 2021
I would recommend Cleveland Clinic to anyone that has any medical questions or service with top notch Dr.'s. thank you Cleveland Clinic
Reviewed on May 11, 2021
Dr. Galvez was AMAZING. I have seen many people who didn't know what to do and he could tell what I was experiencing and diagnosis my situation what a blessing he truly is!
Reviewed on Apr 28, 2021
The provider was very respectful.
Reviewed on Apr 28, 2021
Been going to dr galvez for over 10 years now. He is awesome!
Reviewed on Apr 20, 2021
Dr. Galves displayed concern for the issue I have with my leg. He recommended a plan to get a better understanding of the situation.
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2021
I have already recommended dr haves to several people
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021
yes doctor Galves is caring and always understand as a doctor
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2021
my doctor knows I'm nervous, but him and his awesome nurse keeps me calm.
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2021
with Dr. Galvez very good. i have been with him for 15 years
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2021
Dr Galvez and ?ngela always showing care and compassion
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2020
doctor Galves and Angela give me a amazing assistance to all my question and how they try to help me
Reviewed on Dec 10, 2020
sadly, we are moving and I will have to seek a different Neurologist. This breaks my heart. I think the world of Dr Galvez. He is an amazing Physician.
Reviewed on Dec 9, 2020
Dr. Galves and Angela his Nurse, are wonderful! Angela has gone out of her way with my Insurance and I am truly greatfull!
Reviewed on Dec 9, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2020
Can't say enough about Dr. Galvez. Exceptional
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2020
I love Angela, Dr. Galvez nurse and the rest of his staff. She provides exemplary service and accessibility to the doctor.
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2020
A Tele visit at this time was appreciated and safe. My physician was very comprehensive and open to all questions and comments from me.
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2020
The services has always been great, from the front desk to nurse and doctor. I travel a distance due to the service.
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
okay experience. dr. galvez ws a second opinion and unfortunately, confirmed what I knew.
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2020
doctor Galves is just a incredible doctor
Reviewed on Sep 8, 2020
Dr Galvez was very thorough, good listener, very courteous. I need follow up testing which he prescribed.
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
dr. Galvez is extremely thorough , and he he was excellent at assimilating my complex medical history , and developing a diagnostic plan . he spent as much time as needed and was very personable and professional .
Reviewed on Aug 5, 2020
Even though Renee is nonverbal and handicapped, Dr. Galvez always addresses her directly. what a wonderful trait in a care provider. He shows such respect.
Reviewed on Jul 29, 2020
Dr Galvez is the best.
Reviewed on Jul 23, 2020
This visit was scheduled to find out about results from tests done in Feb 2020. Dr. Galvez could have told me that the test rests were normal, rather than require a virtual visit to tell me the same. I contacted him via mychart to ask about the test results and was refused an answer without a visit.
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2020
I found Dr. Galvez very easy to talk with about my situation.
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2020
Dr Galvez is the best. He listens and truly cares for his patients. He treats each patient with the highest regard
Reviewed on Jun 25, 2020
my experience was a positive one. Dr. Galvez is always knowledgeable andkind. His staff is courteous, and helpful.
Reviewed on Jun 25, 2020
Excellent care - Dr Galvez and Angela nurse!
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2020
The best doctor there is
Reviewed on Jun 2, 2020
MD interacted more with the family member than the patient which was different than what actually happens in the office.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.