Treatment & Services
- Epilepsy Surgery Evaluation
- General Neurology
- Interpretation of EEG in the critical care setting
- Intracranial EEG monitoring and brain mapping for presurgical evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
- Autonomic Nervous System Function
- Back Pain
- Bell's Palsy
- Brachial Plexus
- Brain Malformations Causing Epilepsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (cidp)
- Complex Epilepsy in Adults
- Fahr's Syndrome
- Gait Dysfunction
- Geriatric Epilepsy
- Huntington's Disease
- Intractable (Drug Resistant) Epilepsy
- Malformations Of Cortical Development
- Migraine Headaches
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Weakness
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurofibromatosis Causing Epilepsy
- Neurologic Conditions
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Status Epilepticus (continuous Seizures)
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Tic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury Causing Seizures
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Toronto Hospitals
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship - Booth Memorial Medical Center - Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Medical Education - Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Master of Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain
- Master in Health Services Administration, Barry University School of Natural and Health Sciences, Miami, Fla.
- Certificate, Risk Management, Florida Risk Management Institute, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Internal Medicine
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Neuromuscular Medicine
Movement disorders, Parkinson's Disease
Awards & Honors
- Upsilon Phi Delta Society, Honor Society, Barry University Health Services Administration, 2007
- Best Doctors in America, 2007
- America’s Top Physicians, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2003, 2005, 2006
- Distinguished Service Award, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2007
- Teacher of the year Award, Neurology Department, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Commencement Ceremony Residents and Fellows, Class of 2005
- Distinguished Physician Certificate, Florida Medical Association, 2005
- Donald Patalucci Fellowship Award, American Academy of Neurology, January 6-9, 2005, Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Barry University School of Natural and Health Related Sciences, R.A. Ritter Foundation Scholarship Award, 2004, 2005
- Ms. Pauline Braathen state donation for Movement Disorders Research, 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation, Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine, for teaching at the Medical School, 2003
- National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence Award, National Parkinson Foundation, Miami, Fla., 2001-2002
- Donation for Parkinson’s Disease Clinic and Alzheimer’s Disease Research, John and Margaret Krupa Charitable Foundation, 2000
- Who’s Who in America, 2000
- Ronald and Patty Rosenfeld International Traveling Fellowship Award for Movement Disorders fellowship at The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Cleveland Clinic, 1994/1995
- Highest Honor for Graduate Thesis leading to MD degree; Velocidad de conduccion motora y latencias sensoriales, Estudio en una poblacion infantil guatemalteca; published by the University of San Carlos, 1983
- Diploma Guatemalan Red Cross Medical Center, Best student and First Place, Fourth Year Medical School, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala; Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, 1980
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/29/2021, Dr. Galvez-Jimenez has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Galvez-Jimenez receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
171 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.4|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.3|
23 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2022
Doctor Galves is a incredible doctor he is always good and personalAnd understand. Me as patience
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2022
The doctor and the staff are very kind and helpful
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2022
Need easy to get appointment with doctor
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2022
Dr. Galvez is a true professional and very easy to work with.
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2022
Doctor and his nurses are always the best--cannot ask for better care!!!
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2022
I've been a patient of Dr. Galvez-Jimenez for many years now. He's one of the best doctors I've ever been to. He listens and genuinely care about patients. He's very knowledgeable and compassionate.
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2022
The doctor is very confident in his field of work. Kind and trusting.
Reviewed on Jun 8, 2022
Dr Galvez is an excellent doctor. Thanks to him my Parkinson's in under control and I am doing very well.
Reviewed on Apr 14, 2022
Dr. Galvez is and has always been wonderful to me. Knowledgeable, kind, and patient.
Reviewed on Apr 14, 2022
Dr Galvez was very thorough and attentive to all my questions and took all the time needed to address all my issues and he demonstrated that he is a true profesional in his field and So far I'm very glad to be his patient
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2022
Dr. Galvez is very knowledgeable and shows great care for his patient.
Reviewed on Mar 31, 2022
Dr. Galves is attentive, caring and personable. He also has a great sense of humor. We appreciate and strongly support his clinical plan of action.
Reviewed on Mar 30, 2022
Friendly staff and doctor.
Reviewed on Mar 9, 2022
The best exam I've had . Dr. Galvez is the 6th Neurologist I've seen. Sorry I didn't see him earlier. Staff so friendly, caring and compassionate. Thank you
Reviewed on Feb 3, 2022
Dr. Galvez was a good listener and took good care of me.
Reviewed on Jan 26, 2022
Dr. Gabas was very friendly and caring and informed of any other situation just an amazing doctor
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2022
Very good experience and a great doctor.
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2022
Excellent patient care and very knowledgeable doctor with dedication and attention to concerns of patient.
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2022
Excellent doctor with best health practices standards. Able to discuss all the benefits and risks for the patient care. Knowledgeable of the concerns of the patient.
Reviewed on Dec 16, 2021
Getting an appointment with Dr Galvez has always been exceptional
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2021
Love Dr. Galvez-Jimenez. He is very knowledgeable, caring and patient.
Reviewed on Nov 23, 2021
Dr. Galvez is fantastic
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2021
I love Dr. Nestor~ I would highly recommend him and Cleveland Clinic Center in Weston, FL
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.