Treatment & Services
- Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
- EyeLid and Brow Lifts
- Eyelid And Oculoplastic Surgery
- Eyelid Deformity
- Eyelid Lesion Removal
- Ophthalmic Reconstructive Surgery
- Opthalmic Plastic Surgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Eyelid Tumors
- Facial Aging
- Orbital Diseases
- Tear Duct Conditions
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Jules Stein Eye Institute, University of California School of Medicine
Los Angeles, CA USA
Fellowship - Ronald Strahan, MD
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Santa Monica, CA USA
Residency - Scheie Eye Institute
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Presbyterian Medical Center
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical School - University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Emory University
Atlanta, GA USA
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery 2010-2011
- UCLA/JSEI ASOPRS Orbital and Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship 2008-2010
- UCLA/JSEI Orbital and Oculoplastic Surgery Research Fellowship 2007-2008
- Univ. of Pennsylvania , Scheie Eye Institute, Ophthalmology Residency 2004-2007
- Univ. of Pennsylvania Presbyterian Hospital, Transitional Internship 2003-2004
- Univ. of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Degree: MD 1999-2003
- Emory University, Atlanta, CA Degree: B.S. Biology, minor Sociology 1995-1999
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, Division of Oculofacial and Orbital Surgery 2010-2016
- Director, Oculoplastics and Orbital Surgery Division, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Administration
- Chair, Young ASOPRS Committee 2010-2016
- Vice President, Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Lift) Ectropion (Eyelid Turn Out) Entropion (Eyelid Turn In) Eyelid Ptosis (Lid Drooping) Tear Duct Surgery Facial Palsy / Bell's Palsy Thyroid Eye Disease Orbit Tumors and Trauma Facial and Eyelid Spasm (Blepharospasm) Mohs Surgery Reconstruction Facial Reconstruction Cosmetic Surgery: Midface Lift Browlift Lip Augmentation Chemical Peels Fillers Botulinum Toxin
Awards & Honors
- Cosmetic Surgery Foundation Award
- American Society Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Merrill Reeh Pathology Award
- National Eye Institute ARVO Fellowship Award
- Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Fellowship
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Asian Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology
- Asian Pacific Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Los Angeles Society of Ophthalmology
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/1/2017, Dr. Hwang has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
199 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 4, 2018
It was my. initial experience with Dr. Huang. I am very comfortable now in preparation for my upcoming procedure.
Reviewed on Apr 3, 2018
Have had to wait well over an hour after my appointment time to see the doctor.
Reviewed on Jan 30, 2018
I was provided with choices but I do not feel I have adequate information to act on the choices. Defacto that creates a decision. I don't feel I have a way to follow up with the physician to gain more information.
Reviewed on Jan 29, 2018
Dr Hwang is a very good caring doctor
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2018
everyone was very professional extremely nice
Reviewed on Oct 6, 2017
Very cold and hard to talk to them.
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2017
Provider was patronizing. Avoided dealing with my problem. Found a way to skirt the issues at hand
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2017
If at all possible, I will be trying to replace this physician on my care team.
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2017
Dr. Hwang is on of the most respectful and caring doctors I have seen at the clinic. She always puts me at ease and walks me through everything.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.