Omar Mian, MD, PhD
- Call 216.445.3273
Treatment & Services
- Biologically Targeted Radiotherapy
- Cancer Center
- External Beam Radiotherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bladder Cancer
- Histologic Variants of Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Non-Clear Cell Kidney Cancer
- Penile Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Renal Pelvic Cancer
- Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinomas (UTUC)
- Ureteral Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
- Urinary Cancer
- Urothelial Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Internship - Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA USA
Medical School - Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College
Richmond, VA USA
Graduate - Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA
Undergraduate - James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA USA
- 2014 ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop, Vail, CO
- 2015 AACR Molecular Biology in Clinical Oncology Workshop, Aspen, CO
- 2016-2017 Clinical, Translational and Basic Science Advisory Subcommittee Member, ASTRO
- 2014-2015 Research Fellow, Radiation Oncology, Johns Hopkins University
- 2014-2015 Vice Chair, Housestaff Council, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Radiation Oncology
Awards & Honors
- 2007 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2007 VCU Research Retreat, 1st Place Poster
- 2007 Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2008 Golden Key Honor Society
- 2008 C.C. Clayton Outstanding Student Award, Molecular Biology and Genetics Program
- 2008 AMA Seed Grant, American Medical Association
- 2008 Massey Cancer Center Symposium, Excellence in Cancer Research, 1st Place Award
- 2009 American College of Physicians, VA Associates Meeting, 1st Place Poster
- 2009 Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award
- 2014 Brachytherapy Next Meeting Travel Award
- 2015 1st place, Clinical Translation Research, SKCCC Fellow’s Research Retreat
- 2016 RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
Innovations & Patents
- Method for assessing atherosclerosis by measuring expression of FOS or DUSP1 in monocytes , US Patent office; Patent number: 7998682; 2011/8/16
- 2013 American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- 2012 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- 2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- 2012 American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- 2009 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/20/2019, Dr. Mian has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
45 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2019
I was very pleased with Dr. Mian once he arrived and he spent adequate time to explain all options and then recommend one that I accepted. I think he is very well qualified.
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2019
I was taken to the exam room by staff and told Dr. would arrive soon but the wait was around 1.5 hours until Dr. Mian arrived and I was given no warning about this delay.
Reviewed on Feb 8, 2019
provider was excellent look a great deal of time with me and showed compassion for my situation plus his assurance he could provide an acceptable solution
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2019
they are the best i have never felt so comfortable with a professional like i do with this provider
Reviewed on Dec 7, 2018
One of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He took his time and was extremely caring and professional. He has a tough area of expertise and yet was patient and very warm.
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2018
The Reception Area Staff are Excellent, Friendly, Good-Humored, and an asset to the Clinic. Like wise the Nurses and Staff. I stand among a fortunate group-whose Prostate Cancer was cured. I credit Dr. Mian and Staff for the knowledge of studies of proven protocols appropriate to my case. Dr. Mian has always taken as many as 2 Hours with my Wife and Me, to thoroughly explain, give options, and field any questions we might have. Notably he spoke with BOTH of us, a equal members of the 'Team.' I have only High Praise for my entire experience at The Cleveland Clinic. I look forward to every visit. Thank You, one and all... Brian Byers and LuAnn Leonard
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2018
The visit with Dr. Mian was a welcome change from the radiation oncologist I saw in Columbus. Dr. Mian answered all my questions and provided welcome suggestions.
Reviewed on May 18, 2018
From parking attendants through greeters and receptionists, staff and doctor there is none better
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.