Treatment & Services
- Body Radiosurgery
- External Beam Radiotherapy
- Fractionated Radiotherapy
- General Radiation Oncology
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- New Cancer Treatment Technology
- Prostate Brachytherapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Sensitizers
- Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal Tumors
- Bladder Cancer
- Facts About Bladder Cancer
- Genitourinary Cancers
- Histologic Variants of Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
- Non-Clear Cell Kidney Cancer
- Pediatric Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Penile Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Rare Cancer and Blood Disease Program
- Testicular Cancer
- Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinomas (UTUC)
- Ureteral Cancer
- Urethral Cancer
- Urinary Cancer
- Urothelial Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Internship - Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA USA
Medical Education - Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College
Richmond, VA USA
Graduate School - Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA
Undergraduate - James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA USA
- 2014 ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop, Vail, CO
- 2015 AACR Molecular Biology in Clinical Oncology Workshop, Aspen, CO
- 2014-2015 Research Fellow, Radiation Oncology, Johns Hopkins University
- 2014-2015 Vice Chair, Housestaff Council, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 2016-2017 Clinical, Translational and Basic Science Advisory Subcommittee Member, ASTRO
- 2016-2021 Promoting Science through Education Subcommittee Member, ASTRO
- 2017-Present Radiation and Cancer Biology Course Director, Cleveland Clinic
- 2020-Present NCCN Panel Member
- Radiology - Radiation Oncology
Awards & Honors
- 2007 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2007 VCU Research Retreat, 1st Place Poster
- 2007 Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2008 Golden Key Honor Society
- 2008 C.C. Clayton Outstanding Student Award, Molecular Biology and Genetics Program
- 2008 AMA Seed Grant, American Medical Association
- 2008 Massey Cancer Center Symposium, Excellence in Cancer Research, 1st Place Award
- 2009 American College of Physicians, VA Associates Meeting, 1st Place Poster
- 2009 Phi Kappa Phi Love of Learning Award
- 2014 Brachytherapy Next Meeting Travel Award
- 2015 1st place, Clinical Translation Research, SKCCC Fellow’s Research Retreat
- 2016 RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
- 2019 CCF Radiation Oncology Educator of the Year
- 2021 National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Young Investigator Award
- 2021 Society of Basic Urologic Research (SBUR) Young Investigator Award
- 2021 American Cancer Society Research Scholar Award
Innovations & Patents
- Method for assessing atherosclerosis by measuring expression of FOS or DUSP1 in monocytes , US Patent office; Patent number: 7998682; 2011/8/16
- 2013 American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- 2012 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- 2012 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- 2012 American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- 2009 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/18/2022, Dr. Mian has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Mian receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
50 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2022
Dr. Mian is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever been around.
Reviewed on Jul 28, 2022
Dr. Mian is very considerate, knowledgeable, and an expert clinician.
Reviewed on May 20, 2022
I have had the good fortune to have had many good doctors at the Clinic, but Omar Mian is absolutely the finest!
Reviewed on May 20, 2022
I have already recommended my son to the Clinic and Dr Mian
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2022
I had two issues that Dr Mian addressed that my GP did not. I was impressed that he had solutions to problems I've had for a long time that no one else addressed. I appreciate his concern and advice on these sensitive issues.
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2022
Love Dr. Mian. Great man, sincere, honest and intelligent.
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2022
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2022
Dr mian and staff are excellent in every way.
Reviewed on Jan 6, 2022
Dr. Main was very patient , listening and answering all my questions well. He is a knowledgeable and easy to talk, very good physician .
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2021
It has always been very easy to communicate with Dr Mian's office and ROC staff.
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2021
Dr Mian has always shown the utmost in care and compassion for me, and is very patient with me in explaining clinical information regarding my dx clearly. He has taken his time with me to help me understand the care plan. One thing I will always say about Dr Mian, it is very clear that he is passionate about providing the best care available along with CC resources.
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2021
Dr. Mian is the best doctor I have ever had.Not only is he a good doctor, but also a good friend.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.