Treatment & Services
- 2nd Opinion Evaluations
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Breast Cancer Surgery Program
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Breast Diagnostics
- Breast Exam
- Breast Health
- Breast Surgical Oncology
- Cancer Center
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Clinical Breast Examination
- Excision of breast fistula
- High Risk Breast Cancer
- Lumpectomy for breast cancer
- MammoSite Radiation Therapy System
- Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
- Nipple & Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Partial mastectomy for breast cancer
- Placement of Balloon Catheter for Partial Breast Radiation
- Second Opinion Breast Cancer
- Sentinel Lymph Node Procedures
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Surgery for Abnormal Breast Biopsy
- Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Surgery for Diseases Of The Breast
- Surgical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Mammogram
- Axillary Mass - Pain/Swelling
- Benign Breast Disease
- Breast - Malignant Neoplasm
- Breast - Nodules
- Breast Abscess
- Breast atypia
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer - High Risk
- Breast Cancer - Mass, Lump or Swelling
- Breast Disease
- Breast Infections
- Breast Lump
- Breast Pain
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Family History of Breast Cancer
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Male Breast Cancer
- Nipple Discharge
- Pediatric Breast Anomalies
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Rochester, MN USA
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Breast Surgical Oncology
Rochester, MN USA
Residency - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
Graduate School - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
Graduate School - Queens University of Belfast Faculty of Medicine
Masters in Medical Education
Medical Education - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- General Surgery
- Surgery - General Surgery
breast cancer, breast disease, oncoplastic breast surgery, nipple sparing mastectomy
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Balfour Surgical Research Award, Mayo Clinic
- 2015 Colles Travelling Fellowship in Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2014 Joint American College of Surgeons/ Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Resident Exchange Award
- 2014 Ethicon Foundation Travel Grant, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2009 Sheppard Research Prize, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- 2008 William O'Keefe Research Prize, Ireland
- 2003 John McAuliffe Gold Medal and First Place in Otolaryngology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/27/2020, Dr. AlHilli has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
51 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 20, 2021
Dr. Al Hilli was excellent and even had 2 other Doctors come in for consult. All in agreement and very coimforting.
Reviewed on Jul 9, 2021
Liked the Doctor very much.
Reviewed on May 18, 2021
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2021
Dr. AlHilli is a blessing. She took her time with me and explained everything. she is an amazing doctor and I have already told folks about her in the Erie area looking for a breast surgeon.
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2021
Dr. AlHilli is one of those doctors that you wish you could see for everything. She is thorough, professional, and genuine. She cares about you not just as a patient, but as a person. I'm so grateful for her care, and I highly recommend her!
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2021
I cannot compliment Dr. AlHilli and her staff enough, on the excellent care I received with all aspects of my appointment. Dr. AlHilli's talent and expertise, as well as her kind and nurturing approach are second to none! Thank you!
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2021
The kindness and nurturing approach extended to me by Dr. AlHilli and her staff was stellar and very much appreciated.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2020
Dr. Zahraa AlHilli is an extremely knowledgeable and talented surgeon. I have the highest regard for her work and advice. She listens to your concerns and finds answers. Dr. AlHilli is an amazing doctor. I am so thankful to have her as my surgeon and can't imagine where I would be without her help.
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2020
Doctor was incredible. Would recommend her to anyone
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
*Dr. Z. Alhilli & team wonderful.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.