Zahraa AlHilli, MD
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Treatment & Services
- 2nd Opinion Evaluations
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Breast Cancer Surgery Program
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Breast Diagnostics
- Breast Exam
- Breast Health
- Breast Surgical Oncology
- Cancer Center
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Clinical Breast Examination
- Excision of breast fistula
- High Risk Breast Cancer
- Lumpectomy for breast cancer
- MammoSite Radiation Therapy System
- Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
- Nipple & Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Partial mastectomy for breast cancer
- Placement of Balloon Catheter for Partial Breast Radiation
- Second Opinion Breast Cancer
- Sentinel Lymph Node Procedures
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Surgery for Abnormal Breast Biopsy
- Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Surgery for Diseases Of The Breast
- Surgical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Mammogram
- Axillary Mass - Pain/Swelling
- Benign Breast Disease
- Breast - Malignant Neoplasm
- Breast - Nodules
- Breast Abscess
- Breast atypia
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer - High Risk
- Breast Cancer - Mass, Lump or Swelling
- Breast Disease
- Breast Infections
- Breast Lump
- Breast Pain
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Family History of Breast Cancer
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Male Breast Cancer
- Nipple Discharge
- Pediatric Breast Anomalies
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Rochester, MN USA
Fellowship - Mayo Clinic
Breast Surgical Oncology
Rochester, MN USA
Residency - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
Graduate School - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
Graduate School - Queens University of Belfast Faculty of Medicine
Masters in Medical Education
Medical Education - Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- General Surgery
- Surgery - General Surgery
breast cancer, breast disease, oncoplastic breast surgery, nipple sparing mastectomy
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Balfour Surgical Research Award, Mayo Clinic
- 2015 Colles Travelling Fellowship in Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2014 Joint American College of Surgeons/ Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Resident Exchange Award
- 2014 Ethicon Foundation Travel Grant, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2009 Sheppard Research Prize, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- 2008 William O'Keefe Research Prize, Ireland
- 2003 John McAuliffe Gold Medal and First Place in Otolaryngology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Research & Publications
See publications for Zahraa AlHilli, MD.
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/14/2022, Dr. AlHilli has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
33 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
3 Patient Comments
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Apr 4, 2023
Dr Alhilli is absolutely outstanding. She makes you feel like you matter. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind and thorough. Thank you for all the information.
Reviewed on Jan 31, 2023
Dr. Alhilli took the time to find out what my thoughts and preferences would be, and answered my questions. She Inteoduced me to the care team, educated me on the whole process of my treatment, and sent me with plenty of information, including how to contact her team with any questions and additional resources should I wish to utilize them.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2022
Dr. Alhilli did an excellent job with my lumpectomy surgery in May of this year. It was my 2nd lumpectomy in the the same breast and she did a wonderful job.