Treatment & Services
- 2nd Opinion Evaluations
- Blood Tests
- Blood Transfusion
- Cancer Center
- Cancer Supportive Care
- Clinical Drug Trials
- Clinical Trials
- Endocrine Aspects of Cancer
- Endocrine Treatment
- High Risk Breast Cancer
- Targeted Treatment
- Women's Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Brain Metastases
- Breast - Malignant Neoplasm
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer - Mass, Lump or Swelling
- Cancer Symptoms
- Male Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - National Cancer Institute
Bethesda, MD USA
Fellowship - National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
Bethesda, MD USA
Residency - University of Connecticut
Farmington, CT USA
Medical School - Calicut Medical College
Calicut, Kerala, India,
Undergraduate - Calicut Medical College
Calicut, Kerala, India,
- Senior Fellow, Developmental Therapeutics, National Cancer Institute 2001
- Leadership Development for Physicians in Academic Health Centers, School of Public Health, Harvard, Boston. 2006
- Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Co-Principal Investigator, Leading Academic Participating Sites (LAPS), National Cancer Institute grant for the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (2014-2017)
- Member, Breast Cancer Committee, NRG Oncology (2015-18)
- Member, Translational Research Committee, NRG Oncology (2015-18)
- Principal Investigator of NSABP for Cleveland Clinic (2013 to present)
- Vice Chair, Research Review Committee, NSABP Foundation (2013-2016)
- Member of Breast Cancer Working Group, NSABP (2010-2013)
- Founding Editor of Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Oncology, Wolter Kluwer, Philadelphia (5th edition)
- Chief Editor, Emerging Cancer Therapeutics, Demos, New York
- Editor, Community and Supportive Care Oncology (Frontline Communications, NJ)
- Editor, Breast Cancer Management and Treatment (London, U.K)
- Associate Editor, ASCO Post (Harborside Press, NY)
- Board of Directors, American Cancer Society, South Atlantic Division (2007-2010)
- Editorial Board Member:
- Journal of Breast Cancer Management, Future Science Group, London, U.K, Oncology and Biotechnology News, New Jersey, Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, Future Science Group, London, U.K.
- Manuscript Reviewer:
- Lancet Oncology, Lancet
- Journal of Clinical Oncology, ASCO
- Clinical Cancer Research Focus, AACR
- Human Bain Mapping
- Expert Review of Immunotherapy
- Clinical Breast Disease
- British Journal of Cancer, Nature Publications Group
- Annals of Saudi Medicine
- Clinical Cancer Research, AACR
- Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy
- Cancer: American Cancer Society
- Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Editorial Board Member:
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
Breast Cancer treatment, Clinical Trials
Awards & Honors
- Teacher of the Year Award: Oncology, Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 2016
- Top Doctors in Cleveland 2014, 2015 and 2016 Cleveland Magazine
- Top Cancer Doctors in U.S, Newsweek, 2015
- U.S. News Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd, 2010 to 2016
- Selected to the Gold Human Honor Society (GHHS), 2011
- “Pink Tie Guy” – Selected by Susan G. Komen for the Cure, WV 2010
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, 2010
- Quality Award (Customer Satisfaction), West Virginia University Hospitals, 2006-2013
- President of India, Her Excellency, Smt. Pratibha Patil “Vaidya Bhooshan”, by the Pazhassi Raja Trust, New Delhi, India, 2010
- Bonnie Wells Wilson Eminent Scholar and Distinguished Professor in Breast Cancer Research, 2009
- Outstanding Achievement in Medicine, Kerala Center, India League, New York, 2008
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, 2007
- STAR Award for customer service, West Virginia University Hospital, 2006
- Clinician of the Year Award, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, 2006
- Volunteer of the Year Award for the state of West Virginia, American Cancer Society (ACS) 2006
Innovations & Patents
- Population Based Molecular Prognosis of Breast Cancer by Transcriptional Profiling by 28 Gene Assay, 2007 (Provisional Serial Number: 60/919,369
- Nonlinear Characterization of Breast Cancer using Multi-Compression 3D Ultrasound Elastography (Patent pending) Nonlinear Characterization of Breast Cancer using Multi-Compression 3D Ultrasound Elastography (Patent pending)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Association of Cancer Research (AACR)
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/27/2017, Dr. Abraham has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Abraham receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Pfizer, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
121 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2017
Because I was going to be travelling abroad for two months shortly after my appointment with Dr. Abraham, he provided me with his e-mail address in case I had a medical problem and needed to get in touch with him. Although I would never abuse the privilege, it is heartening to have access to one's physician when one is far from home.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2017
I can not say enough great things about Dr. Abraham! He always goes above and beyond with the level of care he provides, including calling me personally when I have had health concerns. I always leave his office with such a renewed sense of confidence and optimism. He is the best, and I feel so fortunate to have been blessed with him on my team!
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2017
Best experience of my entire cancer journey. I walked out of the office feeling positive about my future.
Reviewed on May 24, 2017
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2017
Dr Abraham is the smartest, friendliest, & most caring doctor I have ever had. this is the reason I drive 5 hours to see him.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2017
Gave me options about my medicines,pros and cons. Also gave me options about my treatment.
Reviewed on Apr 19, 2017
The entire staff were very professional and courteous, particularly Dr. Abraham. He is a very bright, talented, sensitive, and in my opinion, the best oncologist physician that I have had the pleasure to treat me.
Reviewed on Mar 15, 2017
Dr Abraham is not only a phenomenal physician, but a caring individual who treats his patients as if the are family members. And that's the greatest compliment I can give!
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2017
First visit with provider and he was kind, took his time and was as knowledgeable as one may expect. He and his staff made me feel at ease and "heard".
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2017
Dr. Abraham always talks to me so that I can understand completely what he is saying medically. That puts me at ease with all my questions answered in a way that I don't have to go home and look up later.
Reviewed on Dec 21, 2016
I can't say enough great things about Dr. Abraham!!! He is such a positive influence in my recovery. He is warm, attentive, and professional.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.