Treatment & Services
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Robotics
- Female Sterilization
- Incontinence Therapy
- Intramuscular Injections of Botox in the Bladder
- Laparoscopic and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Treatment Of Ovarian Cysts
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery
- Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
- Robotic Female Surgery
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation
- Section of Urogynecology
- Sling Procedures For Urinary Incontinence
- Surgical Repair Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Tubal Ligation
- Urodynamic Studies
- Urodynamic Testing
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bladder And Bowel Fistulas
- Bladder Irritating Foods
- Colon Polyps
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometrial Polyps
- Female Incontinence
- Pelvic Disorders
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine Fibroids
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Voiding Dysfunction in Adults
- Vulvar Disorders
- Vulvar Dystrophy
- Vulvar Pain Syndromes
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Advanced Pelvic Surgery and Minimally Invasive Gynecology
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Good Samaritan Hospital
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Cincinnati, OH USA
Medical School - Indiana University School of Medicine
Indianapolis, IN USA
Undergraduate - University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN USA
- Recent postgraduate course for the the International Urogynecology Association in Lake Como, Italy lecturing on robotic and conventional laparoscopy for pelvic organ prolapse
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
Bowel dysfunction and fecal incontinence, complex vaginal surgery, hysterectomy, incontinence (minimally invasive and office procedures), laparoscopic and robotic female prolapse and reconstructive surgery, myomectomy and endometriosis, sexual dysfunction vaginal reconstruction, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, voiding dysfunction and neuromodulation
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Best Doctors, Cleveland Magazine 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Editorial Advisory Board for the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists National Advisory Board
- American Urogynecologic Society Board of Directors, Member-at-Large
- Alternate Primary Investigator for the Pelvic Floor Disorders Network
- Top 100 Reviewers for the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Innovations & Patents
- Advanced Laparoscopy, Robotic surgery, midurethral slings, mini-slings, advanced vaginal reconstructive surgery, Pelvic organ prolapse repair kit procedures, sacral neuromodulation (bladder pacemakers)
- American Urogynecologic Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons
- International Continence Society
- International Urogynecologic Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/29/2016, Dr. Paraiso has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Paraiso receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- American Medical Systems, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
46 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.3|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 7, 2017
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2016
We did not discuss follow-up care as the doctor had to discuss my potential surgical treated with her colleague Dr. Hull who did not see me until much later that day.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2016
Dr. Paraiso made me feel comfortable with her advise.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.