Treatment & Services
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Surgery Program
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Breast Surgical Oncology
- Cancer Center
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy
- Nipple & Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Sentinel Lymph Node Procedures
- Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Surgical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Benign Breast Disease
- Breast Abscess
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Disease
- Breast Infections
- Breast Lump
- Breast Pain
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Male Breast Cancer
- Nipple Discharge
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY USA
Residency - Weill Cornell Medical College New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York, NY USA
Medical School - Weill Cornell Medical College New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York, NY USA
Medical School - University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dallas, TX USA
Undergraduate - Rice University
Houston, TX USA
- 2004-2010: Assistant Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology)-University of Florida
- 2010-2012: Associate Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology) and Edward M. Copeland III Chair in Breast Cancer
- 2012-2014: Director, Breast Center and Co-Leader Cleveland Clinic Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program; Section Head, Surgical Oncology
- 2014-present: Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology)-Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland Magazine Best Doctors 2013. Dr. Grobmyer discusses intraoperative radiation therapy
Surgical oncology, breast cancer
Awards & Honors
- Lester Dragstedt Physician Scientist Award, 2010
- ASCO Leadership Development Program, 2010-2011
- American College of Surgeons Japan Traveling Fellow, 2012
- Society of Surgical Oncology, Clinical Investigator Award, 2014
- Southern Surgical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 10/10/2017, Dr. Grobmyer has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Grobmyer receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Seno Medical Instruments, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
71 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
4 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2017
no surprises in what to expect for surgery and post op follow up
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2017
Everything went very well except for the hour wait for the physician.
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2017
Dr. Grobmyer said if I had questions/concerns and I felt better talking to him I should just call and he would see me! very reassuring.
Reviewed on Jan 24, 2017
I respect Dr. Grobmyer as a physician. I am appreciative that he works on cutting edge research with breast cancer. I am thankful for his expertise, but more importantly his concern and compassion.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.