Treatment & Services
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer Surgery Program
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Breast Surgical Oncology
- Cancer Center
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy
- Nipple & Skin Sparing Mastectomy
- Oncoplastic Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Sentinel Lymph Node Procedures
- Surgery For Breast Cancer
- Surgical Oncology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Benign Breast Disease
- Breast Abscess
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Disease
- Breast Infections
- Breast Lump
- Breast Pain
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Intraductal Papilloma
- Male Breast Cancer
- Nipple Discharge
- Recurrent Breast Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY USA
Residency - Weill Cornell Medical College New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York, NY USA
Graduate School - Weill Cornell Medical College New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York, NY USA
Medical Education - University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dallas, TX USA
Undergraduate - Rice University
Houston, TX USA
- 2004-2010: Assistant Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology)-University of Florida
- 2010-2012: Associate Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology) and Edward M. Copeland III Chair in Breast Cancer
- 2012-2014: Director, Breast Center and Co-Leader Cleveland Clinic Comprehensive Breast Cancer Program; Section Head, Surgical Oncology
- 2014-present: Professor of Surgery (Surgical Oncology)-Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland Magazine Best Doctors 2013. Dr. Grobmyer discusses intraoperative radiation therapy
Surgical oncology, breast cancer
Awards & Honors
- Lester Dragstedt Physician Scientist Award, 2010
- ASCO Leadership Development Program, 2010-2011
- American College of Surgeons Japan Traveling Fellow, 2012
- Society of Surgical Oncology, Clinical Investigator Award, 2014
- Southern Surgical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/6/2019, Dr. Grobmyer has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
41 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 4, 2019
Dr. G was about an hour behind schedule, but that was ok. Just went to lunch.
Reviewed on Apr 2, 2019
Dr Grobmyer was amazing. He explained everything clearly, discussed options, and answered all of our questions. he did not make us feel rushed in any way
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2019
Dr. Grobmyer is a wonderful physician and human being. He is on the cutting edge of breast cancer research which gives me a sense of comfort.
Reviewed on Jan 31, 2019
Dr. Grobmeyer is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. I would recommend him to anyone!
Reviewed on Jan 31, 2019
Dr. Grobmeyer was running a little late due to a new patient. The staff did an excellent job of keeping me informed!
Reviewed on Dec 6, 2018
Dr Grobmyer is the best! He is definitely the doctor I have trusted most in my breast cancer treatment. I totally trust him!
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.