Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Residency - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Internship - Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA USA
Medical School - Yale University School of Medicine
New Haven, CT USA
Undergraduate - Columbia University
New York, NY USA
- 2018 - Director, Cardiothoracic Surgical Services, Cleveland Clinic/Martin Health, Stuart, Florida
- 2014-2018 Center Director, Heart and Vascular Institute, Clevalnd Clinic Florida
- 2005-2008 Medical Director, Heart and Vascular Services St. John's Mercy Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
- 2001-2005 Associate Professor of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgery Rush Medical College, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois
- 1999-2005 Chairman, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of Surgery, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County (The New Cook County Hospital), Chicago, Illinois
- Thoracic Surgery
heart failure surgery, lung cancer, mitral valve repair, minimally invasive valve surgery, Robotic chest surgery
Awards & Honors
- 2000 Listed in Top Doctors: Chicago Metro Area (2nd Ed.)
- 2001 Listed in Top Doctors: Chicago Metro Area (3rd Ed.)
- 2002 Listed in Top Doctors: Chicago Metro Area (4th Ed.)
- 2004 Listed in Guide to America's Top Surgeons (2004-2005 ed.)
- 2007 Listed in Guide to America's Top Surgeons (2007 ed.)
- 2008 Listed in Guide to America's Top Surgeons (2008 ed.)
- 2013 Best Doctor, Top 1% in Nation, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, U.S. News and World Report
- 2015 Listed in Guide to America's Top Surgeons (2015 ed.)
- American College of Surgeons
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeon
- Southern Thoracic Surgical Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/30/2018, Dr. Savage has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
86 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.4|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 27, 2018
my health is being taken care the best they can. dr savage staff is the best. ever one has been a help me so much thank you.
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2018
Dr. Savage could not have been more professional & has a FANTASTIC personality. He put our entire family at ease -- we know we're in great hands!
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2018
The cardiology unit was very busy. I was more than happy to wait to see Dr. Edward Savage. He is a highly trained surgeon and does the surgery I would most likely need to have in the future. He did forward my chart to Dr. Faisal Bakeem, my surgeon in Cleveland.
Reviewed on Apr 11, 2018
Outstanding service. After having been to numerous other local providers, my experience at Cleveland CLinic was a relief. It was well organized and thoughtful care.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2017
*Dr. Savage is very skilled and did a great job.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.