Treatment & Services
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Epidural Injections
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Facet Joint Blocks
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation
- Comprehensive Pain Management
- Diagnostic Epidural Differential Blocks
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Facet Median Nerve Branch Block
- Implantable Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
- Implantable Spinal Cord Stimulaters Therapy
- Intradiscal Intervention (idet, Biacculoplasty)
- Intradiscal Procedure For Pain Relief
- Intrathecal Baclofen Pump
- Joint Injections
- Management of Back and Neck Pain
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- Nerve Blocks
- Neuro Anesthesiology
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Occipital Nerve Stimulation
- Pain Control
- Pain Management
- Pain Medicine
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Placement Of Cervical And Lumbar Tunneled Epidural Catheters
- Second Opinion Neuropathic Pain
- Selective Nerve Root Injection
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion (SPG) blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Splanchenic Nerve Block
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
- Transforaminal Injections
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Cancer Pain
- Central Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Facial Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Interstitial Cystitis | Pelvic Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Neuropathy - Diabetic
- Pediatric Migraine Headache
- Pelvic Pain
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Shingles (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Pain
- Stenosis - Spinal
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Vertebral Compression Fracture
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Ain Shams University, Cairo,
Residency - Ain Shams University Hospitals
Internal Medicine & Cardiology
Graduate School - Ain Shams University, Cairo,
Internship - Ain Shams University Hospitals
Medical Education - Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine
- Executive Education Program, Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, 1994-1995
- Health Care Leadership Institute, George Town University, Washington, 2005
- Chair of the Interventional Pain Practice Examination Board
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Pain Committee
- Associate Editor of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Journal
- Member of World Institute of Pain Executive Board
- American Academy of Pain Medicine, Scientific Review Committee Member
- Associate Editor of Pain Practice Journal
- Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine
Evaluation of back and neck pain, interventional pain management for back and neck pain, with special interest in the management of spinal stenosis and vertebral compression fractures, cancer pain evaluation and management, neuropathic, neuropathic pain, pelvic pain,Neuromodulation and interspinal drug delivery of pain and spasticity, research, spine, spine pain
Awards & Honors
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1988
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents Research Contest, June 1989
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1989
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents, Research Contest, June 1990
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents, Research Contest, June 1991
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1991
- The Cleveland Clinic William E Lower Fellowship Thesis Prize, June 1992
- Foundation of Anesthesia Educational Research (FAER) Grant Award, 1992
Innovations & Patents
- Pioneered minimally invasive techniques to treat painful degenerative disc disease
- Innovated use of spinal cord stimulation for peripheral vascular disease
- Minimally invasive technique of spinal stenting
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Pain Society
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- World Institute of Pain Executive Board
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/11/2020, Dr. Mekhail has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Mekhail receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Flowonix Medical Incorporated
- Vertos Medical, Inc.
- Nuvectra Corporation
- Nevro Corp.
Donation of Financial Interest. Dr. Mekhail has consulted for, received compensation for serving as a fiduciary from, or received royalties from the following companies but instructed them to donate all compensation to not-for-profit causes or to the Cleveland Clinic to support research and education:
- Nuvectra Corporation
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
132 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 4, 2020
Dr Mekhail is a remarkable physician. He listens to the patients, teaches them and the Fellows. He is compassionate and makes sure you understand the situation plus ways treatments can progress. He and his staff work as a great team.
Reviewed on May 7, 2020
appreciate so much the access to service and precaution during the covid pandemic. Dr. mekhail is a doctor in every way. caring.
Reviewed on Jan 15, 2020
Dr Mekhail is the best
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2019
Only said go to pain program. No tests, no looking over past, only stay 5-10 min. He didn't do anything or say anything we've already heard. This was a waste of our time. 2-5. *Dr. Mekhail
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2019
I can't thank Dr mekhails team enough. they are all so kind and wonderful at what t they do.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2019
an excellent experience thank you to Dr and staff
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2019
i needed an injection in 4 weeks Dr Mekhail was not available until 7 weeks I was told to keep calling and maybe someone would cancel. I did but after three weeks i gave up they said they could not put me on a waiting list. then after 4 wks they called me and got me in! They need a new system. Not everyone can call and wait on the line for an hour only to find out there is no cancellation.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2019
Dr spent time explaining Nurses were excellent
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2019
My experience over many years has been very good. Dr. Mekhail is my favorite!
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2019
I have been treated by Dr. Mekhail for 6 or 7 years - he is thoughtful and precise and will make accommodations to his schedule to see me if need be.
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2019
Dr Mekhail is a very caring physician.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.