Treatment & Services
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Epidural Injections
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Facet Joint Blocks
- Cervical, Thoracic And Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation
- Comprehensive Pain Management
- Diagnostic Epidural Differential Blocks
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Facet Median Nerve Branch Block
- Implantable Intrathecal Drug Delivery Systems
- Implantable Spinal Cord Stimulaters Therapy
- Intradiscal Intervention (idet, Biacculoplasty)
- Intradiscal Procedure For Pain Relief
- Intrathecal Baclofen Pump
- Joint Injections
- Management of Back and Neck Pain
- Nerve Blocks
- Neuro Anesthesiology
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Occipital Nerve Stimulation
- Pain Control
- Pain Management
- Pain Medicine
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Placement Of Cervical And Lumbar Tunneled Epidural Catheters
- Second Opinion Neuropathic Pain
- Selective Nerve Root Injection
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Splanchenic Nerve Block
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Cancer Pain
- Central Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Back Pain
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Interstitial Cystitis | Pelvic Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Neuropathy - Diabetic
- Pediatric Migraine Headache
- Pelvic Pain
- Shingles (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Spine Pain
- Stenosis - Spinal
- Vertebral Compression Fracture
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Ain Shams University, Cairo,
Residency - Ain Shams University Hospitals
Internal Medicine & Cardiology
Graduate - Ain Shams University, Cairo,
Internship - Ain Shams University Hospitals
Medical School - Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine
- Executive Education Program, Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, 1994-1995
- Health Care Leadership Institute, George Town University, Washington, 2005
- Chair of the Interventional Pain Practice Examination Board
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Pain Committee
- Associate Editor of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Journal
- Member of World Institute of Pain Executive Board
- American Academy of Pain Medicine, Scientific Review Committee Member
- Associate Editor of Pain Practice Journal
- Anesthesiology - Pain Medicine
Evaluation of back and neck pain, interventional pain management for back and neck pain, with special interest in the management of spinal stenosis and vertebral compression fractures, cancer pain evaluation and management, neuropathic, neuropathic pain, pelvic pain,Neuromodulation and interspinal drug delivery of pain and spasticity, research, spine, spine pain
Awards & Honors
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1988
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents Research Contest, June 1989
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1989
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents, Research Contest, June 1990
- The Cleveland Clinic Anesthesia Residents, Research Contest, June 1991
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists, Residents Research Contest, September 1991
- The Cleveland Clinic William E Lower Fellowship Thesis Prize, June 1992
- Foundation of Anesthesia Educational Research (FAER) Grant Award, 1992
Innovations & Patents
- Pioneered minimally invasive techniques to treat painful degenerative disc disease
- Innovated use of spinal cord stimulation for peripheral vascular disease
- Minimally invasive technique of spinal stenting
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Pain Society
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- World Institute of Pain Executive Board
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/27/2017, Dr. Mekhail has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Mekhail receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Stimwave Technologies Incorporated
- Flowonix Medical Incorporated
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
115 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Mar 23, 2017
My wife and I had a list of about a dozen questions for Dr Mekhail and he patiently and thoroughly answered all of them.
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2017
These nurses & Dr. Mekhail are fantastic & always have been!
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2017
Dr. Nagy Mekhail is a wonderful man and an excellent doctor in my opinion. He listens intently and explains answers so that they make sense.
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2016
When I asked about the possibility of taking Neurontin, he didn't want me trying anything new at this time. I'm not sure why.
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2016
Speaking for Dr. Mekhail and any of the associate doctors that have worked with him, he is the very best and all those who work with him are absolutely tip top too, and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else for relief from my pain whenever it is necessary for me to be seen.....never!!!
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2016
After my last visit to Dr. Mekhail's office on August 17th for an injection his staff scheduled a follow up appointment. Dr. Mekhail encouraged me to walk and exercise to aid in my health improvement and I have followed his instructions.
Reviewed on Jun 23, 2016
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.