Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic
A combined Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic unites adult gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons from Cleveland Clinic Digestive Disease & Surgery Institute with pediatric gastroenterologists and surgeons from Cleveland Clinic Children’s to treat children and young adults with chronic colorectal diseases as they grow and eventually transition to adulthood.
The aim of the clinic is to provide a multidisciplinary approach for these lifelong diseases in order to deliver the best of care from diagnosis to adulthood. Patients benefit from coordinated appointments with pediatric surgery and adult colorectal surgery; as well as with pediatric and/or adult gastroenterology, nutrition, and psychology, as needed.
A pediatric surgeon and an adult colorectal surgeon work together to provide specific expertise for each patient. A central benefit to this collaboration is a smooth transition to adult care, as younger patients already have met an adult surgeon. The goal is that patients can coordinate visits with multiple providers on a single visit.
To learn more about the Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic, listen to Cleveland Clinic's Butts & Guts podcast.
What We Treat
Children and adolescents with lifelong illnesses, including:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Rectal prolapse
- Chronic constipation requiring antegrade enema access
- Other congenital diseases including older patients with a history of Hirschsprung’s disease or anorectal malformations
Anthony DeRoss, MD, Pediatric General Surgery
- Nursing support: Jill Silver, RN
Jeremy Lipman, MD, Colorectal Surgery
- Nursing support: Marlena Burgess, RN, BSN
Jessica Philpott, MD, Gastroenterology
- Nursing support: Tiesha Debardelaben, LPN
Jacob Kurowski, MD, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Nursing support: Kathy Raig, RN
Appointments and Locations
An experienced pediatric nurse is available through the referral line — 216.444.8555 — to answer questions from referring physicians and to triage patients to the appropriate specialist. The Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic is held at main campus.
What to bring to your visit
Our team will work with you and your current healthcare providers to obtain as much of your child’s past treatment information as we can. We will do our best to let you know in advance if you need to bring anything specific. It is always helpful, though, to have an up to date list of your child’s medications.
For More Information
- Visit Cleveland Clinic’s Department of Colorectal Surgery
- Visit Cleveland Clinic Children's Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
Butts & Guts Podcast
- To learn more about the Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic, listen to Cleveland Clinic's Butts & Guts podcast featuring Anthony DeRoss, MD, and Jeremy Lipman, MD.
Health Essentials Blog
For Medical Professionals
- To refer a patient to the Pediatric and Adult Colorectal Surgery Clinic, please call our Referring Physician Hotline REFER.123 (855.733.3712).
Read our latest posts on Consult QD, Cleveland Clinic's blog for physicians and healthcare professionals.