Cleveland Clinic now offers same-day appointments. In most cases, depending on the level of care you need and the time of day when you call, you'll be seen by a physician that day.
If you call 216.444.CARE or 888.223.CARE before noon, we’ll offer you a same-day appointment and if you call after noon, we’ll offer you an appointment for the next day.
Get the care you need, right away.
What happens when I call for a same-day appointment?
When you call 216.444.CARE or 888.223.CARE, we search across 23 Cleveland Clinic locations throughout Northeast Ohio for an appointment that suits your needs. If you call before noon, we’ll offer you a same-day appointment and if you call after noon, we’ll offer you an appointment for the next day.
Here’s what to expect:
- We will ask you for basic identifying information, such as address, phone number and insurance carrier.
- Next, we will ask you a series of questions about your symptoms to help find the most appropriate doctor to treat you. In most cases, we’ll be able to schedule the appointment with this information.
- If you have a complex or chronic medical condition, your call may be triaged by a nurse. This ensures that your physician will receive adequate medical records and other information necessary to give you the best care.
Regardless of the reason for your call, the majority of patients will have an appointment when they hang up with our schedulers.
Are there times when I won’t receive a same-day appointment?
Our first priority is to ensure that people who have an urgent need to be seen by a physician are given appointments right away.
It is possible that your appointment will be scheduled further out if you need a routine physical/annual wellness check-up or if you need highly specialized care and your need is less urgent.
However if your concern is more immediate and it involves adults or older children, you can visit a nearby urgent care location (see more information about urgent care below). If it involves infants and small children, you can visit the nearest pediatric Emergency Department.
Besides making an appointment, what are other options for immediate care?
Nurse on Call Service for Cleveland Clinic Patients
We have a Nurse On Call service available 24 hours a day for Cleveland Clinic patients. When you call, our nurses listen to your concerns and work with you to:
- Identify and evaluate your symptoms
- Provide medical information so you can make an informed decision
- Recommend next steps, and if necessary, make a follow-up appointment with your doctor.
Visit an Urgent Care or Express Care Clinic location
If your concern is more immediate, please visit one of our locations listed below. They will be able to assist you right away. No appointment is necessary.
Call us today to request a same-day appointment at 216.444.CARE. or 888.223.CARE
What do you want to do next?
Request an Appointment
216.444.CARE or 888.223.CARE