The Institutional Research Review Board (IRRB) at Cleveland Clinic Akron General was created to oversee research involving human subjects conducted at Akron General and its affiliated institutions. This board ensures that research participants are informed, that the risk to them is minimized, and that the anticipated benefits outweigh the risks involved in participation. The IRRB carries out these responsibilities by ensuring that the research performed is scientifically valid and that the rights and welfare of the participants are protected.
The IRRB office staff is available to help those conducting research at Akron General with ethical and procedural issues, as well as to ensure that all researchers comply with the federal guidelines set forth by the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Human Research Protections and the Food and Drug Administration.
If you are a researcher and would like additional information regarding conducting research involving human subjects at Akron General, please contact the IRRB office at 330.344.6947 or email AG-IRRB@ccf.org.
For questions regarding research not involving human subjects, please email the Department of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRB Review Fee
- Institutional Research Review Board Initial Review: $2,500
- Institutional Research Review Board Annual Review: $1,000
Find IRRB Procedures below for the Department of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
- Pathway to IRRB Review
Description of the IRRB Process from start to finish
- Protocol Requirements
Document outlining minimum requirements for protocols submitted for IRRB review.
- SOP for Submission of New Human Subjects’ Research Studies
Procedural guide for completing a new research submission involving human subjects at Akron General Medical Center
- Conflicts of Interest Disclosure Procedure
Description of Conflicts of Interest and how to manage a Conflict
- SOP for Obtaining Informed Consent
Guidelines for Obtaining Informed Consent at AGMC
- SOP for Amendment Requests
Procedural guide for completing a request for an amendment of a research study
- SOP for Continuing Review of Research Studies
Procedural guide for completing the annual continuing review of research studies
- SOP for Unanticipated Adverse Events
Description of Adverse Events and details of when to submit to the IRRB
IRRB Submission Forms
Find IRRB Submission Forms for the Department of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
- Application to Perform Human Subjects’ Research
Submission application for all new research protocols
- Application for Research Involving Children and Minors
Submission application for all research studies involving children and minors
- Application for Research Involving Pregnant Women, Fetuses, and Neonates
Submission application for all research studies involving pregnant women, fetuses, and neonates.
- Application for Central AGMC Peer Review
To request clinical and scientific review of investigator-initiated human subjects research proposals.
- Confidential Information Acknowledgement Form
Investigator receipt of confidential information acknowledgement form.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
Investigator Conflict of Interest disclosure form.
- Request For Amendment Form
Submit when requesting a change in study personnel, protocol, or informed consent/assent.
- Continuing Review Interim Report Form
Submit for continuing/interim review of human subjects’ research.
- Unanticipated Adverse Event Reporting Form
Submit when reporting an unanticipated problem and/or serious adverse event.
- Notification of Study Closure Form
Submit when all research activity has been completed or remaining study activity is limited to data analysis of de-identified data.
- IRB IEC Collaborative Agreement Form
Submit for multi-site study protocols when AGHS is not the lead site in order to designate the IRB of record for the research study.
- Limited Data Set Request Form
Submit when a non-AGHS investigator is requesting de-identified personal health information.
IRRB Submission Templates
Find IRRB Submission Templates for the Department of Research at Cleveland Clinic Akron General.