Our Learners on Campus program at Cleveland Clinic Akron General (CCAG) allows observers who are interested in exploring a healthcare role for a defined period of time (1 hour up to a maximum of 4 weeks) to gain visual and verbal experiences in either their field of study or another area of interest. Shadowing experiences are observational in nature and do not include hands-on work with Cleveland Clinic Akron General patients and data.
If you would like to shadow a CCAG Caregiver, please arrange the shadowing experience with a CCAG Caregiver first, before submitting your online request form.
All shadowing requests are submitted electronically and online requests will require the following information:
- Personal Information
- Shadowing Information:
- Shadowing Department
- CCAG Shadowing Location
- Designated Event Coordinator’s Name - person who set up the shadowing experience
- Designated Event Coordinator’s Email/Phone
- Virtual or In Person Shadowing Experience
- Start and End Date for Shadowing
- Non-employees – starting date should be at least 30 days out from the date the online request form is submitted.
- Employees – starting date should be at least 7 days out from the date the online request form is submitted.
- From November to March, non-employees will submit Influenza documentation with their online request before an email from SilkRoad will be sent to start the onboarding process.
- Please click here to access the online shadowing request form.
Non-Employee: Outside Observer/Medical Student/College Student/High School Student
Any external person (15 years or older) requesting a shadowing experience for any length of time (1 hour up to 4 weeks) is required to complete the SilkRoad onboarding process and adhere to the health and background check requirements listed below.
Onboarding through SilkRoad takes up to 2 weeks to complete, if observers are diligently completing their tasks. Starting dates for non-employees should be scheduled at least 30 days out from the time the online request form is submitted.
If you have agreed to sponsor a non-employee for a shadowing experiences or the observer set up their own shadowing experience with a CCAG caregiver, please complete the online shadowing request form.
Cleveland Clinic Caregivers:
Cleveland Clinic Caregivers are not required to complete the SilkRoad onboarding process, but are required to complete the online shadowing request form at least 7 days prior to the starting date of the shadowing experience. They must also adhere to the following protocols throughout their shadowing experience:
- Maintain HIPPA and refrain from accessing any CCF systems using the caregiver credentials.
- Remain hands-off, visual and verbal experiences only.
- Must identify as an observer during the experience.
Health and Background Check Requirements
SilkRoad onboarding for all observers requesting shadowing experiences are required to attest or provide proof of having received the following health immunizations and complete a background check (over 18 years of age only) through SilkRoad:
- COVID-19 vaccine, proof of documentation required
- Tdap Booster within the past 10 years, proof of documentation required
- Measles (Rubeola) immunization
- Mumps immunization
- German Measles (Rubella) immunization
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) immunization
- Hepatitis B immunization or signed waiver
- Influenza vaccine, proof of documentation required with online request form from: November – March
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact UsAlexandra Gardlock
Medical Education Coordinator