Akron General Visitor Guide - Welcome
Welcome to Cleveland Clinic Akron General. We are pleased that you have chosen us as your healthcare provider.
At Akron General, it is our goal to be the best place to receive care – an optimal place for healing and a permanent resource for patients and families in times of sickness and health. Our caregivers, regardless of their job titles, always work hard to create an excellent patient experience for you. That’s what our work is about – patients and families.
Each of our physicians, nurses, administrators, hospital staff members and volunteers is committed to providing the highest quality of care with sensitivity to individual needs and concerns. We know you have a choice when it comes to your healthcare – thank you for choosing us and trusting in us.
This Visitor Guide will be a useful resource to you and your loved ones during your stay. If you have any questions or there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to ask any of our caregivers.
Again, thank you for choosing Akron General.
Brian Harte, MD
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 330.344.6000
- Admitting: 330.344.6770
- Billing: 330.344.6082
- Care Management: 330.344.6276
- Central Scheduling: 330.344.5760
- Clinical Social Work: 330.344.6880
- Emergency Department: 330.344.6611
- Lost and Found: 330.344.6006
- Ombudsman: 330.344.6711
- Pastoral Care/Spiritual Care: 330.344.6609
- Physician Scheduling: 330.344.2273 (CARE)
- Security: 330.344.7604
- Volunteer Services: 330.344.6351
Support from family and friends can be an important part of a patient’s care and road to recovery. That is why we welcome visitors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- We take into consideration the patient’s preference for visitation, as well as restrictions or limitations that may be necessary to provide patient care, ensure patient safety and promote rest.
- Children under the age of 14 visiting a patient care area must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please check with the nurse before giving any food, beverages or medication to a patient, and before taking a patient to another part of the hospital.
Please note: The visiting hours for our 6100 (psychiatric) unit are not 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each Cleveland Clinic Behavioral Health unit has its own visiting hours. Please check with the unit for specific visiting hours.
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Contact a Patient
To contact a patient, call 330.344.6000. The patient’s first and last names are required.
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Upon entering the hospital, visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Travel & Transportation
Akron Metro Regional Transit Authority. Metro RTA bus schedules are available in the main lobby foyer. Call 330.762.0341.
Metro Regional Transit Authority: SCAT Program. Services provided for older adults and persons with disabilities in Summit County. Call 330.376.5353.
Self-parking is available in one of three decks near the Main Entrance, Ambulatory Care Center and Physician Office Building.
- 0-1 hour: Free
- 1-2 hours: $3
- 2-3 hours: $4
- 3-4 hours: $5
- Over 4 hours: $6
Parking garages are attendant-free. Exit lanes accept credit and debit payments. Kiosks located in the lobby of the Main Entrance, Ambulatory Care Center and Physician Office Building accept cash, credit and debit payment.
Valet Parking and Rates
Valet parking is available at the Main Lobby, Heart & Vascular Center and at the Emergency Department entrances:
- Seniors receive a $1 discount
Valet Parking Hours
- Main Lobby Valet
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Heart and Vascular Center Valet
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Emergency Department Valet: open 24/7 for emergency needs
To retrieve valet-parked vehicle after hours, please contact Protective Services at 330.344.7604.
The Akron General Outpatient Pharmacy is located off of the main entrance of the hospital on the first floor, in the lobby.
Hours for Cleveland Clinic locations may vary by date and time for available services.
Concierge Bedside Service
Pharmacy concierge bedside service is available to all patients Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Ask a caregiver for details.
No appointment is needed for routine lab tests and most insurance plans are accepted, regardless of your physician’s affiliation. Simply bring your physician’s order to any of our draw sites with your photo ID and insurance information.
Ambulatory Care Center: 330.344.6223
Physician’s Office Building, Laboratory Service Center, Suite 106: 330.344.6729
Lodi Hospital: 330.948.5523 or 888.520.6000
Health & Wellness Center, Green: 330.896.2966
Health & Wellness Center, Bath: 330.665.8125
Health & Wellness Center, Stow: 330.945.3117
Accommodations & Services
A Chaplain is in the hospital and available 24 hours a day. Patients may request a Chaplain or arrange a visit from their own clergy by asking a caregiver or calling the Spiritual Care Department. 330.344.6609.
The Chapel, located off the Main lobby, is open to all faiths and our services are designed to meet the needs of whoever attends. Chapel services are conducted by Chaplains.
Chapel Services: Sunday, 10:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. | Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
An ATM is located in the Main Lobby across from Lori’s Gifts.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Akron General and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
If a family member or friend would like to dine in your room at your meal time, a guest tray can be ordered at an additional cost and delivered with your meal for family and friends to enjoy.
There is a cost for the meal and the following advance notice is required:
- Breakfast for the following day: By 6 p.m.
- Lunch: By 10 a.m.
- Dinner: By 3 p.m.
Other Dining Options
Fresh Inspirations Café / Cafeteria
Located on the lower level of the hospital, the Fresh Inspirations Café is open to employees and visitors during the following hours, offering a variety of nutritional meal choices. Some items are not available during all hours.
Hours: Monday - Sunday
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Snacks, Beverages, Light Breakfast: 10 - 11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Snacks, Beverages, Light Lunch: 2 - 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- 3rd Shift: 1:30 a.m. - 3:30 a.m.
Au Bon Pain
Located in Main Lobby
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- *Special Hours: Closed for all national holidays.
Vending machines are located in the cafeteria, on the ground floor and throughout the hospital. Please ask a caregiver for the nearest vending location.
Call 330.344.6909 for more information.
Located off of the Main Lobby
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Proceeds from Lori's Gifts help support the charitable works of the Women's Board at Akron General.