Cleveland Clinic Akron General
1 Akron General Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44307
Founded in 1914 as Peoples Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a not-for-profit healthcare organization that serves as the hub for Cleveland Clinic's Southern Region.
In addition to a 532-registered-bed teaching and research medical center in downtown Akron, the Cleveland Clinic Akron General system includes:
- Lodi Hospital, a critical access hospital, offers a comprehensive range of services, including a 24-hour Emergency Department, outpatient surgery and a full range of diagnostics, rehabilitation and physical therapy, as well as acute and skilled care.
- Health & Wellness Centers, located in Bath, Green and Stow, offer a variety of integrated outpatient services, including 24-hour Emergency Departments, primary and specialty care practices, as well as a medically supervised exercise program.
- Admissions: 24,221
- Births: 2,030
- Cardiac Catheterizations: 1,374
- Emergency Department Visits: 96,164
- Mammograms: 37,761
- Outpatient Visits: 542,401
- Stroke Patients: 1,220
- Surgical Procedures: 16,680
- Total Joint Replacements: 375
For more information about Cleveland Clinic Akron General, visit:
Honors & Accreditations
Cleveland Clinic Akron General is now ranked as the No. 1 hospital in the Akron Metropolitan Area, according to U.S. News & World Report. Akron General is also listed as the No. 7 hospital in Ohio for 2022-23, according to the annual ranking of Best Hospitals by U.S. News.
The American Nurses Association bestowed the prestigious "Magnet" status on the more than 1,000 nurses from Akron General. ANCC, a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association, grants Magnet status when a healthcare organization reflects nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. Fewer than 400 of the country's 6,000-plus hospitals have earned this prestigious honor.
A Level I Trauma Center, as designated by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), Akron General offers the technology, expertise and staffing to treat all injuries regardless of severity. Operating rooms, diagnostic services and trauma specialists are on-call 24 hours a day.
Akron General has been designated a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Obtaining this certification signifies that Akron General has undergone an extensive onsite evaluation and meets strict national stroke care standards as required by The Joint Commission.
Akron General is accredited by The Joint Commission. Its standards are regarded as the most rigorous in the industry. The public may contact The Joint Commission for unresolved patient safety or quality care concerns at:
Office of Quality Monitoring
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Blvd.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Board of Directors
Akron General Medical Center Board of Directors 2020
J. Bret Treier, Chair
Diane Miller Dawson, Vice Chair
- Marlene Barkheimer
- Kris Bennett
- Charles Billow
- Todd Breaux, MD
- Theresa Carter
- Brian Cherkala
- Ankit Chhabra
- Laura Culp
- Richard Fedorovich
- William Feth
- Richard Harris
- Cindy Johnson
- Mark Lerner
- Jeannine Marks
- Amanda Mendiola, MD
- Pam Miller
- Diane Miller-Dawson
- David Pelligrini
- Amy Raubenolt, MD
- Titus Sheers, MD
- Thomas Thompson, MD
- J. Bret Treier
- Sylvia Trundle
- Lokesh Venkateshaiah, MD
- Jill Zink, MD
- Brian Harte, MD, President
- Rima Muakkassa, President, Women’s Board
- Ann Ilg, First Vice President, Service League
- Steve Brooks, MD, Chief of Staff
- Michael Passero, MD, Vice Chief of Staff
- Teri Lash-Ritter, MD, AGMC Chief Medical Officer
- Sheila Miller, DNP, RN, AGMC Chief Nursing Officer
- Emily Williams, Esq., AGMC General Counsel and Secretary
- Dave Frigo, AGMC Treasurer
- Jason Oblander, AGMC Assistant Secretary
- Dennis Davis, MD, President, PPG
- Steve Abdenour, Chief Operating Officer
- Lynn Fichter, Corporate Compliance Officer
Concentra Akron, LLC
Akron General Partners and Concentra Health Services (CHS) have formed a joint venture. It is a limited liability company called Concentra Akron, LLC, which provides occupational healthcare services in the greater Akron, Ohio area.
Occupational Health services are offered at:
1450 Firestone Parkway
Akron, OH 44301
Akron General Innovations, Inc. - Notice of Dissolution
January 18, 2018
Re: Akron General Innovations, Inc. Corporate Dissolution
To Whom it May Concern:
Pursuant to the instructions included in Section 1701 of the Ohio Revised Code, notice is hereby given that the above named corporate entity, an Ohio for-profit corporation, intends to dissolve. In connection with the intended dissolution, please note the following:
- Any and all claims shall be presented in writing and shall identify the claimant and contain sufficient information to reasonably inform Akron General Innovations, Inc. (the "corporation") of the substance of the claim.
- The mailing address to which all claims are to be sent is Akron General Medical Center, c/o Lisa Barrett, General Counsel, 1 Akron General Avenue, Akron, Ohio.
- The deadline by which the corporation must receive all claims is (not less than sixty days after the date the notice is given).
- Any and all claims that are not received by the deadline will be barred by the corporation.
- The corporation may make distributions to other creditors or claimants, including distributions to shareholders of the corporation, without further notice to any claimants.
Very truly yours,
Lisa Barrett, Secretary
Akron General Innovations, Inc.