Water Vapor Therapy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
What is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH, refers to the enlargement of the prostate gland that almost always happens as a man ages. The term benign means that this change is not cancerous. The prostate is a gland that produces the fluid that semen is stored in. The prostate surrounds the tube that moves urine out of the body through the penis. When the prostate gets bigger, it can interfere with urination.
What are symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
Symptoms of BPH include:
- Waking up at night several times to urinate.
- Not being able to control starting and stopping of urination.
- Feeling like your bladder is not really empty.
- Having a weak urine stream that may start and stop and may dribble at the end.
- Feeling pain or burning while urinating.
Enlarged prostate blocking the flow of urine through the urethra.