Learning you or a loved one needs brain surgery can be scary. Operating on the brain requires extreme precision, and finding the most skilled experts is vital. At Cleveland Clinic in Florida, our neurosurgeons have years of training and experience in the most complex brain and spine surgeries. You can trust your care to their skilled, compassionate hands.
We use state-of-the-art tools to operate safely and, as often as possible, with minimally invasive techniques. We collaborate with multiple specialists to provide comprehensive care for a wide range of neurological conditions. From South Florida to the Treasure Coast, you have convenient access to multiple specialized neurosurgeons.
Neurosurgery: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida
When you choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida for neurosurgery, you benefit from:
- Safe, effective brain surgery: Neurosurgery is complex and requires expert skill. Our neurosurgeons have fellowship training and years of experience in brain, spine and skull base surgeries. Neuromonitoring tools and intraoperative mapping devices allow us to operate as precisely, effectively and safely as possible.
- Patient-centered approach: We emphasize patient-centered care with all treatments. We only recommend neurosurgery when it’s essential or the most effective option. We involve you in all conversations about your care and make treatment decisions that revolve around your preferences and needs.
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery: Our neurosurgeons use minimally invasive approaches as often as possible. These techniques offer faster recoveries, lower complication rates and less pain.
- Increased access to care: Neurosurgery advanced practice providers serve as patient coordinators who help answer all your questions, prepare you for surgery and explain what to expect. Because neurosurgeons’ schedules can be unpredictable and demanding, these specialists also conduct follow-up visits, making it easier for you to access the treatment you need.
- Research focus: Along with researchers in the Florida Research and Innovation Center, our neurosurgeons conduct studies and clinical trials designed to improve patient care. We look for new and better treatments for brain tumors, stroke, spinal fractures, epilepsy, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Our team also tracks and analyzes our outcomes to continually look for ways to improve our care.
- Neurological critical care: We work closely with dedicated neurointensivists, neurologists specializing in neurological critical care. These dedicated specialists allow us to offer the highest level of care for patients in critical condition with complex neurological needs.
- Nationally recognized care: Our team has achieved national recognition and is ranked for our expertise and exceptional care in both neurology and neurosurgery.
Neurosurgery Programs and Services
Our neurosurgeons work in multiple state-of-the-art programs and centers throughout Cleveland Clinic in Florida. We collaborate with a wide array of specialists to deliver comprehensive care. Our specialized programs and centers include:
- Brain Tumor Center.
- Center for Spine Health.
- Epilepsy Center.
- Headache and Facial Pain Center.
- Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Program.
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disorders Program.
Our neurosurgeons treat a wide range of conditions affecting the brain and spine, including:
Clinical Trials for Brain and Spine Surgery
Our neurosurgeons, along with researchers at our Florida Research and Innovation Center, lead clinical trials and study the newest advances in brain and spine surgery. Talk to your doctor to see if you may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial.
For Medical Professionals
The Cleveland Clinic Florida Brain Tumor Center and Minimally Invasive Cranial and Pituitary Surgery Program offer clinical and research fellowships in skull base surgery
The center is committed to train future academic leaders and clinical scientists in the subspecialties of open and endoscopic skull base surgery by providing advanced training in the overall management of patients with complex skull base and brain pathologies.