A neurological condition, injury or surgery can significantly affect your everyday life. With neuro rehabilitation, specially trained therapists help you improve strength, speech, flexibility and overall function. Our goal is to help you increase your quality of life by giving you the tools you need to participate in your daily activities.
The neuro rehabilitation therapists at Cleveland Clinic in Florida are highly trained in neurological physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. We work closely with you and each other to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals.
Why choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida?
When you choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida for neuro rehabilitation, you benefit from:
- Team-based, specialized care: Neuro rehabilitation therapists have specialized training in vestibular disorders, Parkinson’s disease, stroke and musculoskeletal disorders. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists work closely to care for you. Often, they work on the same floor in the same building, allowing us to collaborate quickly on effective treatment plans. Meet our team.
- Expert techniques and treatments: Most of our therapists are trained in the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) to work with patients with Parkinson’s disease. Many are also certified in manual adjustments and stroke care. These specialized certifications are in addition to the standard training required for neuro rehabilitation therapists.
- Access to your therapist: We build relationships with you and aim to make you feel as comfortable as possible. MyChart makes it easy to connect with your therapist between appointments if any questions or concerns arise.
Neuro Rehabilitation Services
Our therapists have specialized certifications to treat a wide range of neurological conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, stroke, musculoskeletal problems or neurological impairments. We may also work with you during neurosurgery or neurological injury recovery.
We offer many specialized services, including:
Balance and gait training
Many neurological conditions affect your balance and walking abilities. We use multiple tools, such as the Bertec balance system, Solo-Step and LiteGait devices, to help you improve your balance and gait. These systems use sophisticated harnesses, treadmills and overhead tracks to help you improve your strength and mobility without risking a fall.
Most of our neuro rehabilitation therapists are certified in LSVT therapy, a treatment specifically designed for people with Parkinson’s disease. The modalities include:
- LSVT LOUD®, a speech therapy technique that helps people with Parkinson’s to speak at a louder volume and use a stronger voice.
- LSVT BIG®, a technique that uses physical and occupational therapy to help people with Parkinson’s improve walking abilities, balance and fine motor skills.
LSVT therapy has helped people in all stages of Parkinson’s disease improve their speaking, balance and mobility. This specialized therapy can help you increase your function and maintain independence for longer. Beginning therapy early often leads to the best results, but LSVT can bring significant benefits even for people in later stages of the disease.
Rehabilitation is important for stroke recovery. We have a team of therapists certified in stroke rehabilitation to help you improve skills that may have been affected by a stroke.
Doctors typically recommend stroke rehabilitation for all patients during recovery. These therapies have been shown to improve speech, movement, motor skills and strength. Participating in a stroke rehab program can help you participate in your daily activities and regain independence.