Cleveland Clinic Florida's Department of Neurology at The Pauline Braathen Neurological Center, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital provides consultation in all areas of neurology or disorders of the nervous system. Collaboration among specialists and departments is the key to Cleveland Clinic’s successful model of medicine. Neurologists work closely with spine specialists to actively care for patients with degenerative spine disorders.
Neurologists also team up with neurosurgeons to offer innovative therapies such as deep brain stimulation. Brain tumors are also addressed in a multidisciplinary integrated team approach with the Departments of Oncology, Radiotherapy and Neurosurgery.
Awards and recognitions
U.S. News & World Report
Cleveland Clinic Florida's Neurology & Neurosurgery departments are Regionally Recognized as “High Performing” by U.S. News & World Report's 2022-23 “Best Hospitals" metro area ranking.
Get With The Guidelines: Stroke CareGold Performance Achievement
American Heart Association & American Stroke Association
Services we offer in South Florida
- Alzheimer's Disease and other Dementias.
- Headache medicine.
- Movement disorders.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Secondary forms of Parkinsonism.
- Mitochondrial cytopathies.
- Metabolic syndromes.
- Degenerative hereditary disorders.
- Cerebellar ataxias.
- Tics, Tourette syndrome.
- Restless legs.
- Gait disorders and Falls.
- Speech disturbances (dystonic/spastic).
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Neurodiagnostic Laboratory.
- Electroencephalography (EEG).
- Ambulatory EEG.
- Visual Evoked Responses.
- Somatosensory Evoked Responses.
- Brainstem Evoked Responses.
- Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography.
- Autonomic Testing.
- EMG/NCS (electromyography/nerve conduction studies).
- Pudendal EMG.
- Botulinum toxin therapy.
- Research studies/procedures.
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Neuromuscular junction disorders.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Lambert Eaton myasthenic syndrome.
- Motor neuron diseases.
- Primary lateral sclerosis.
- Post polyo syndrome.
- Peripheral neuropathies and myopathies.
- Diabetic, toxic, inflammatory and other metabolic neuropathies.
- Genetic disorders.
- Charcot Marie Tooth disease.
- Dejerine Sottas.
- HSM neuropathies.
- Compressive neuropathies.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Ulnar neuropathies.
- Degenerative spine related conditions.
Cleveland Clinic neurologists and neurosurgeons collaborate to treat the most complex medical and surgical conditions and offer the most advanced treatment options. Cleveland Clinic Florida neurosurgeons collectively have the skill and expertise in treating complex and difficult neurosurgical brain and spine cases.
The neurosurgical team is uniquely qualified to provide comprehensive care for the following:
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral aneurysm.
- Subdural hematomas.
- Arteriovenous malformations.
- Primary brain tumor.
- (e.g., glioblastoma, astrocytoma)
- Metastatic brain tumor.
- Deep brain stimulation.
- Movement disorders.
- (e.g., Parkinson’s disease)
- Primary intradural spin tumors.
- Metastatic spinal column tumors.
- Arnold chiari malformations.
Appointments & Locations
To schedule a consultation, call Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital at 877.463.2010 or Cleveland Clinic Martin Health at 844.630.4968. You can also make an appointment online.
You can now stay connected to your healthcare team through virtual visits, using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Why go virtual? It's an easy, convenient and secure way to see your provider face-to-face without having to leave home. This saves you travel time, parking fees and time spent in the waiting room — and you can also have a loved one or caregiver join you. If appropriate, you can also get a prescription sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
Many insurance companies cover the cost of virtual visits, so check with your insurance company ahead of time. Interested in getting started? Call your provider to find out what virtual visit options are available.
Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital
Cleveland Clinic Martin South Hospital