Chad V. Minor, MBA, is the institute administrator and institute finance director for the Stanley Shalom Zielony Institute for Nursing Excellence at Cleveland Clinic. A dedicated, passionate finance and operations executive, Minor provides leadership for the Nursing Institute’s enterprise-wide business operations, finances, strategic planning, and administrative activities. He oversees business operations of nearly 22,000 nursing caregivers across the health system. Minor is a firm believer in utilizing continuous improvement initiatives to achieve financial and operational excellence and has established health system benchmarks in both areas, leading change to exceed expected results.
Additionally, his executive direction and oversight in improving operations and system integration is unmatched. He has been vital to initiatives such as developing a centralized staffing office, eliminating medical supply waste, implementing predictive scheduling, integrating Cleveland Clinic Akron General, and activating Cleveland Clinic Avon Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and Cleveland Clinic London. Minor actively participates in numerous health system committees and serves as executive sponsor for several nursing-led initiatives. Prior to his current dual role, Minor was finance director and assistant finance director for the Nursing Institute. He also served as senior project manager within Cleveland Clinic’s division of finance and worked in several positions at KPMG LLP where he provided risk advisory services to more than 25 domestic and international clients in healthcare and other industries.
- M.B.A., Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, 2017
- Executive Education, Leading and Managing People Program, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2012
- B.S. in Business Administration, including triple major in Accounting, Information Systems Auditing and Control, and Management Information Systems, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, 2004
9500 Euclid Avenue / P32
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
Minor is known for his servant leadership, honesty, integrity, humility, and commitment to the development of others. Through Minor’s steadfast leadership, the Nursing Institute has fully integrated an annual operating budget of $775 million and capital budget of $12 million, throughout the health system. Additionally, he has established nursing benchmarks in both financial and operational performance that focus on “what matters most” and are utilized by all Cleveland Clinic hospital chief nursing officers to drive performance through leader standard work. Minor has also led numerous strategies focused around labor cost management, labor productivity, predictive analytics, system integration, and hospital activation.
- Member, American Organization of Nurse Executives
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association