When getting to a doctor’s office is too difficult, Cleveland Clinic physicians can come to you. The team travels around Northeast Ohio to provide high-quality care where it’s most comfortable and convenient — in your home.
Our services include:
- Ongoing primary medical care and management of chronic illness. Visits are scheduled as needed, usually once every four to 12 weeks.
- Prescription refills.
- Arranging testing or specialist visits. Blood work, X-rays and other services also can be done at home.
- Geriatric consults. Our providers help evaluate memory, physical and mental capacity, fall risk and more.
- Arranging social support services. We can contact community agencies or other resources to help patients get the care they need.
- We can help with end-of-life discussions and determining goals of care.
Studies show that patients who receive medical care at home function better at home and have a lower rate of moving into a skilled nursing facility. In addition, they are 20 to 30 percent less likely to be hospitalized each year.
Medical Care at Home is designed for patients who:
- Are elderly or at risk.
- Have mobility issues or difficulty leaving their home.
- Have serious, multiple or complex health conditions.
- Were recently discharged from a hospital, skilled nursing facility or rehabilitation facility.
Why Choose Us
- Dedicated mobile team. We have a dedicated staff of mobile primary care physicians (including certified geriatricians), physician assistants and nurse practitioners. All of them specialize in caring for people who are housebound or bed-bound. Our team includes a social worker and registered nurses who help coordinate services for patients with complex needs.
- Coordinated care. We’ll work with your other physicians to continue their care and keep them updated on your progress. All at-home care is recorded on the same medical record used by your other Cleveland Clinic doctors. And if you need additional medical services, we can arrange them with other Cleveland Clinic providers.
- Doctors that know your neighborhood. Our providers are assigned geographically, so you can build a relationship with a consistent caregiver who has experience working with hospitals, specialists and other services in your area.
- Chosen by Medicare. Cleveland Clinic is one of only 18 providers in the United States — and the only one in Ohio — selected to participate in the Independence at Home Demonstration conducted by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. This designation recognizes that our program provides high-quality care while lowering medical costs.
Medical Care at Home is covered by Medicare and most private insurers, just like a regular visit to a doctor’s office.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Urgent care visits are available within 24 hours.
Cleveland Clinic’s Medical Care at Home team sees patients in Cuyahoga and Lake counties and portions of Geauga, Lorain, Medina, Portage and Summit counties.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 216.636.8742.
For Referring Physicians
You know your patients best, but we can complement your care of patients who can no longer come to your office. We are ready to collaborate with you, as well as other Cleveland Clinic caregivers and local agencies, to help your patients live in their community as long as possible.
For more information or to refer a patient, call 216.636.8742.