LTACH Connected Care Program
With Cleveland Clinic’s LTACH Connected Care Program, our medical professionals continue to provide the expert medical care you received in the hospital once you are discharged to a LTACH in your community.
Our Cleveland Clinic physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants will come to your LTACH every day, seven days a week — giving you and your family invaluable peace of mind. Your Cleveland Clinic medical care team may also include consults by subspecialists such as cardiologists, neurologists, pulmonologists, infectious disease specialists and palliative medicine physicians.
Because our medical professionals are determining your course of care and working with the nursing staff at your LTACH, you can continue following a specialized care path designed to help you make the best possible recovery.
Our program helps you stay connected to Cleveland Clinic through close medical supervision by our staff. Your medical information is documented in the same electronic medical record that was used when you were hospitalized — and can be easily and securely accessed by any of your healthcare providers.
What is an LTACH?
A long-term acute care hospital (or LTACH) is designed to help treat medically complex patients whose recovery will take an average of about 30 days. Patients who are admitted to an LTACH typically require a more intensive level of care than what is provided at a sub-acute or skilled nursing facility.
An LTACH provides specialty services, such as:
- Pulmonary care, including respiratory therapy and ventilator care.
- Complex wound care.
- ICU or special care.
- Rehabilitation — physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- Pain management.
- Other services as needed such as radiology, surgical services, laboratory, pharmacy, nutrition support, social services and chaplain services.
Keeping patients on the road to better health
Our goal in providing medical care at select LTACH facilities in your community is to improve patient outcomes.
The LTACH Connected Care Program allows us to continue monitoring your daily progress once you leave the hospital and provide any rehabilitation services needed. By keeping open lines of communication between you and your physicians, we can help you enjoy an improved quality of life and a smooth transition from your LTACH to home or the next level of care.
To enroll in the program or find out more
- If you are interested in continuing your care at a facility that participates in Cleveland Clinic’s LTACH Connected Care Program, simply tell your hospital care manager or physician before you are discharged. A clinical liaison will then speak with you about the program and answer any questions.
- To contact a Select Specialty Hospital-Cleveland Fairhill clinical liaison regarding admission or facility information, call 216.983.8011 at any time, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- For general information about Cleveland Clinic Connected Care programs, call 216.444.4663.