There are seven steps in the process of requesting a second opinion. We anticipate the steps will take you about 30-45 minutes to complete. A helpful hint that we recommend:
- Have your medical records or those of your loved one on hand as you fill out the medical history questionnaire portion of the online process.
- The medical history questionnaire is detailed so having medical records to quickly reference will help make the process more efficient.
Below is a brief description of the information being requested in each step of the online process:
- »1. Requestor Information
- »2. Patient Information
- »3. Diagnosis or Problem
- »4. Payment Process
- »5. Medical History
- »6. Requested Materials
- »7. Review and Final Approval
The cost to receive an online medical second opinion is $565.00. If a pathology review (reading) is required to complete your online medical second opinion (as is the case with most cancer-related diagnoses), there will be an additional charge of $180.00 for that review for a total cost of $745.00 for the second opinion and the reading.
Cleveland Clinic MyConsult Online Medical Second Opinion service is not covered by Medicare and we are unable to accept insurance payments or Workman’s Compensation cases.
During the process, you will be asked to enter the diagnosis provided for your first opinion. Below is a list of diagnoses categories that will help you in choosing your appropriate diagnosis:
- Brain Tumors and Neurological Diseases
- Digestive Diseases and Cancers
- Eye Diseases
- Geriatric Conditions
- Head and Neck Diseases and Cancers
- Heart and Valve Diseases
- Hematologic Blood Disorders
- Kidney and Urological Diseases and Cancers
- Lung Diseases and Cancers
- Obstetrics & Gynecological Disorders and Cancers
- Orthopaedic Injuries and Diseases
- Pediatric Cancers and Diseases
- Rheumatologic Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Spine Disorders
- Thyroid and Metabolism Diseases and Cancers
If you are unsure, you can search for your condition by entering a general term and then selecting the best condition. This is a significant step in your pursuit of an online medical second opinion from Cleveland Clinic. Subsequent steps depend upon this information to complete your opinion request, thus once a condition has been selected you may not change it.
If you have any questions about your diagnoses, you may contact us at 216.444.3223 or 800.223.2273 ext 43223.
Dear Mr. Doe,
Thank you for your recent request for a second opinion consultation from Cleveland Clinic. Please find below the second opinion consultation written by Dr. Joe Cardiology, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine. You will be contacted by a MyConsult nurse via email within the next 2-3 days to ensure that you have received your second opinion report and determine if you have any questions.
Feel free to contact a Cleveland Clinic MyConsult nurse at 216.444.3223 or 800.223.2273 ext 43223, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., EST, Monday through Friday, should you have additional questions or concerns.
MyConsult Office H2-260
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH. 44195
Tel: 216.444.3223 or 800.223.2273 ext 43223
Date: August 26, 2009
Patient Name: Mr. John Doe
Physician's name: Joe Cardiologist, M.D.
Department: Cardiovascular Medicine
CCF#: (MRN) 1-234-567-8
Date of Birth: 2/19/1943
555 Main Street
Anywhere, AK 12345
A MyConsult Online Medical Second Opinion also includes:
- »Diagnosis / Reason for Consultation
- »Diagnostic Summary / Treatment Summary
- »Second Opinion Recommendations
- »Cleveland Clinic MyConsult Disclaimer
Have questions about MyConsult? We’re here to help. Call us Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (ET). You may leave a voice mail any time, which we will return on the next business day.
Cleveland Clinic MyConsult Clinical Operations
9500 Euclid Avenue / H2-260
Cleveland, OH 44195