Amy O'Linn, DO
- Call 216.688.2727
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, OH USA
Undergraduate - University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN USA
- President of the Lake Erie Chapter of the Society of Hospital Medicine (2011-2014)
- Cleveland Clinic Women’s Professional Staff Association (WPSA) representative to Fairview Hospital (2012-2015)
- Site director for hospital medicine at Fairview hospital (2013-2018)
- Fairview Hospital Utilization Management committee member (2013-2018)
- Sepsis Care Pathway Committee member, Enterprise and Fairview Hospital (2014-2020)
- Executive Quality Committee Member, Fairview hospital (2015-2018)
- Section Chief, Hospital Medicine, Fairview Hospital (2016-2018)
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University (2016-Present)
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Hospitalist Medicine, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (2016-Present)
- Regional Hospital Medicine Quality Improvement Officer (2018-Present).
- Physician lead for Cleveland Clinic Enterprise Readmission Reduction (2018-Present)
- Cleveland Clinic Quality Alliance, Quality Committee member (2018-Present)
- Cleveland Clinic Quality Alliance, Board of Trustee member (2019-Present)
- Cleveland Clinic Advanced Peer Coach (2019- Present)
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Committee Member for Admissions and Readmissions (2020-Present)
- Frontline hospitalist during COVID Pandemic (2020-Present)
- Emerge Stronger Peer support (2021-Present)
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Co-Chair for Admissions and Readmissions (2022- Present)
- Internal Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Senior Fellow of Hospital Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- American College of Physicians
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 4/26/2022, Dr. O'Linn has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.