Treatment & Services
- Radioactive Iodine Treatment
- Thyroid Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound And Biopsy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Addison's Disease
- Adrenal disorders
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Adrenal Tumors
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD)
- Androgen Excess
- Bone Disorders
- Calcium Disorders
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Conn's Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Diabetes, Gestational
- Empty sella
- Endocrine Complications of Pregnancy
- Endocrine Disorders
- Endocrine Hypertension
- Familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Fasting hypoglycemia
- Flushing Syndromes
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Growth hormone excess
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Klinefelter Syndrome
- McCune-Albright Syndrome
- Menopause, Male
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Metabolic Diseases
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Pituitary Cysts
- Pituitary Disorders
- Pituitary stalk lesions
- Pituitary Tumors
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Prolactin Excess States
- Reactive hypoglycemia
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Thyroid and pregnancy
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Nodule
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, OH USA
Undergraduate - Kent State University
Kent, OH USA
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound (ECNU)
- Dr. Pantalone has received local and national media attention for research pertaining to adverse outcomes with sulfonylurea therapy. He has served as the Director of Clinical Research for the Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism at Cleveland Clinic since 2014. His research ris egularly featured in Healio Endocrine today, https://www.healio.com/endocrinology. His commentary on recently published studies pertaining to diabetes is featured regularly by Endocrinology Advisor, https://www.endocrinologyadvisor.com/. He is a member of MD Magazine’s Advisory Board, and serves on numerous institutional, ADA, and AACE committees.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards & Honors
- Appointed member of the steering committee for NN8022-4432, An Obesity Pragmatic ClinicalTrial, 2018
- Appointed to the American College of Endocrinology (College) Task Force to serve as amember of the ACE CPG Oversight Committee, 2018
- Nominated by department leadership to complete the “Introduction to Emotional Intelligence” course at the Case Western Reserve Weatherhead School of Management, July, 2018.
- Featured regularly by Endocrinology Advisor, providing commentary on recently published studies pertaining to diabetes, 2017 to present. https://www.endocrinologyadvisor.com/
- Appointed to Research Executive Committee, Cleveland Clinic, 2017 to present
- Research Information Technology Advisory Board, Cleveland Clinic, 2017 to present
- Appointed to Patient Access Steering Committee, Cleveland Clinic, 2017 to present
- Member of MD Magazine’s Advisory Board, 2017 to present
- Principal Investigator for PIONEER-6: A Trial Investigating the Cardiovascular Safety of Oral Semaglutide in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes
- Appointed to the American College of Endocrinology (College) Task Force to Update the AACE Growth Hormone Clinical PracticeGuidelines, 2017
- Appointed to the American College of Endocrinology to serve as a member of the ACE Scientific Referencing Team (ASRT), 2016
- Manuscript reviewer for The Lancet, 2016 to present
- NIH-R01 co-investigator Dynamics of Muscle Mitochondria in Type 2 Diabetes (DYNAMMO T2D). Roles include advising with subject recruitment and advising with the Standard of Care component of the intervention for the type 2 diabetes group and helping with the screening process (2015-2020).
- Chosen by the Endocrine Society to participate in the society’s annual media training seminar (2015) to assist the society with endocrine-related media requests
- Nominated by department leadership to complete the annual “Leading in Health Care” course at Cleveland Clinic, 2015-2016.
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinologists (FACE), 2015
- Guest Editor, J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2015 Apr 1;115(4_suppl):eS3-eS4.Abstract Reviewer, Clinical Diabetes, The Endocrine Society, 2014
- Appointed Director of Clinical Research for the Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism at Cleveland Clinic, August of 2014
- Principal Investigator and Regional Study Leader for DEVOTE: A Trial Comparing Cardiovascular Safety of Insulin Degludec Versus Insulin Glargine in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes at High Risk of Cardiovascular Events
- Manuscript reviewer for The New England Journal of Medicine, 2014 to present
- Manuscript reviewer for The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, 2014 to present
- Authored an online fellow’s module addressing the diagnosis and treatment of male hypogonadism for the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, May 2013
- Received national media attention for research pertaining to adverse outcomes with sulfonylurea therapy (The Endocrine Society, U.S. News and World Report, Medscape Medical News, etc.)
- Received local media attention for research pertaining to adverse outcomes with sulfonylurea therapy; featured in Akron Beacon JournalJuly 10, 2012
- Interviewed by Diabetes Radio/Optimal Clinical regarding my research entitled a href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22248043">The risk of overall mortality in patients with Type 2 diabetes receiving different combinations of sulfonylureas and metformin: a retrospective analysis, March 2012.
- Cleveland Clinic Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute Research Award Winner, Best Research Presentation, April 2011
- Chief Fellow, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Cleveland Clinic, 2010-2011
- Presidential Poster Competition Winner, The Endocrine Society National Meeting, San Diego, CA, June 2010
- Cleveland Clinic Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute Research Award Winner, Best Research Presentation, April 2010
- Fellow representative for the Cleveland Clinic Diabetes Care Team, a multidisciplinary team of health care providers which meets on a monthly basis to address issues pertaining to diabetes management in the hospital setting, July 2009 to June 2011
- Cleveland Clinic Internal Medicine Senior Resident of the Year, 2008-2009
- Cleveland Clinic Peskind Award, Best Clinical or Nonclinical Paper from a Resident in the Division of Medicine, June 2009
- Cleveland Clinic Resident Research Competition Winner and Internal Medicine Grand Rounds Presentation, Best Internal Medicine Resident Research Project, June 2009
- Graduated in the top 10% at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, June 2006
- Valedictorian of College of Arts and Sciences, Kent State University, May 2002, GPA 4.0
- Recognized as one of the brightest college students in Northeast Ohio in Northeastern Ohio Live MagazineMay 2002
- Mary Manchester Award for Superior Scholarship, Leadership and Constructive Citizenship, April 2002
- Superior Research Award, Lubrizol Corporation and Kent State University, April 2002
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honors Society, inducted April 2002
- Golden Key National Honors Society, inducted March 2001
- The Endocrine Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- The American Diabetes Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/21/2021, Dr. Pantalone has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Pantalone receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Corcept Therapeutics, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Novo Nordisk, A/S
- Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
107 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
24 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2022
It is really nice to have a provider finally feel like they want what is best for me and advocate for me as a person. Dr. Pantalone is the first doctor to actually feel like they are on my team and want what's best for me.
Reviewed on Aug 29, 2022
No bad experiences with Dr. Pantalone, he always explains everything.
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2022
Dr. Pantalone since my first visit years ago has treated me with the utmost respect, caring and concern. His expertise and vast resourcefulness are greatly appreciated. He's the ultimate professional.
Reviewed on Aug 12, 2022
Dr. Pantalone was very accommodating to my schedule as I was on vacation.
Reviewed on Aug 12, 2022
Dr. Pantalone is the BEST! He cares and I truly trust him.
Reviewed on Jul 25, 2022
Dr. Pantaloons is the best endocrinologist I have ever been tested by!!
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2022
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2022
Awesome hospital, awesome Staff , awesome labs , clean and I love Dr . Kevin patalone
Reviewed on May 9, 2022
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2022
The doctor I trust the most
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2022
I LOVE Dr Pantelone! He always shows he cares about my care. He has plans ready to discuss with me and is always knowledgeable about the latest technology. He also has has a personal conversation with me and always seems interested in improving my wellbeing.
Reviewed on Feb 18, 2022
Dr. Pantalone is the epitome of excellent patient care. He is thorough, compassionate, and collaborative. He is a wonderful physician and human being.
Reviewed on Feb 4, 2022
Dr Pantalone is a great doctor. He's helping me with my diabetes.
Reviewed on Feb 4, 2022
Dr Pantalone is a caring doc.
Reviewed on Jan 28, 2022
Really great doctor listen to your concerns
Reviewed on Dec 27, 2021
Dr Pantalone is a very excellent Physician and he took me as a patient when my diabetic order was about to take me out of here, and he basically saved my life.
Reviewed on Dec 27, 2021
I have always been able to see my doctor in person which made our visit very personable, but the viedo visit is very good also
Reviewed on Dec 17, 2021
Dr Pantalone is my Life Coach. Love him
Reviewed on Dec 13, 2021
Dr. Pantalone was very professional and thorough. He made me feel that my health concerns were as important to him as they are to me: he answered all my questions, took time reviewing all my past test results and ordered blood work which confirmed he was being proactive in my health care. What I appreciated most, is how Dr. Pantalone calmed my fears and concerns.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2021
Best Part of the visit! Dr. Pantalone's bedside manner was awesome! He was very empathetic to my concerns and took time to walk me through everything! Would definitely recommend! Great Job!!!
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2021
Always a good experience with Dr. Pantelone
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2021
Dr Pantalone is terrific. He always listens and takes into consideration what I have to say as well as values me. Over the years I have referred countless people to him who he has helped feel better and are just as grateful as I am for his care. I wish he could take more patients. He is the reason I go to the clinic for EVERYTHING. I trust him explicitly that he will make the right decisions towards my care and knows when to change course if things aren't working as planned. That's what I think is one of his greatest strengths his ability to recognize and change paths throughout my treatment as well as always having a backup plan. I can't say enough about him.
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2021
He is a fantastic physician. He pays attention and adjusts changes as necessar.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2021
I've recommended Dr. Pantalone to many friends. He's the best.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.