Treatment & Services
- 2nd Opinion Evaluations
- Adult Psychopharmacology
- Clinical Trials
- Consultation/treatment Planning
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Medication Management
- Sports Psychiatry
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Anxiety Disorder
- Depressive Disorders
- Major Depression
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychiatric Disorders
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MA USA
Internship - NEOUCOM/Western Reserve Care System
Youngstown, OH USA
Medical Education - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH USA
- Graduate of Cleveland Clinic Executive Program in Practice Management, 1995
- Board of Directors, Association for Convulsive Therapy
- Board Examiner, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Laughlin Fellow, American College of Psychiatrists
- Fellow, American College of Psychiatrists
- Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
adult psychoparmacology, anxiety and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, mood and anxiety disorders, mood disorders, OCD, Panic Disorder, Psychopharmacology, sports psychiatry, VNS and DBS
Awards & Honors
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1980
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1985
- Laughlin Fellowship, American College of Psychiatrists, 1988
- Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 1993
- President's Award, Ohio Psychiatric Association, 1994
- Member, American College of Psychiatrists, 1996
- President’s Award, Ohio Psychiatric Association, 1996
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Association, 1998
- “Top 3 Psychiatrists in Northeast Ohio,” Northern Ohio Live magazine, 2001
- Guide to Top Doctors, 2001-Present
- Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, 2002
- Fellow, American College of Psychiatrists, 2002
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association, 2003
- "Top Doc," Cleveland magazine, 2004-Present
- Best Doctors in America, 2005-Present
- President, Association for Convulsive Therapy, 2006-2008
Innovations & Patents
- Involved with pioneering developments in the use of deep-brain stimulation for highly refractory patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder and major depression
- Fellow, American College of Psychiatrists
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Society for Neuroscience
- Association for Convulsive Therapy
- North American Neuromodulation Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/2/2020, Dr. Malone, Jr. has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
38 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2020
Dr. Malone is always very helpful and professional
Reviewed on Nov 4, 2020
Dr Malone an excellent physician. He has been my doctor for 28 years. He has helped me to have a very good life and has well managed my medications.
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2020
Dr. Malone is simply one of the best docs I've seen in my lifetime.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
thank you Dr. Malone for being so helpful on the teleconference. Really appreciate your time and being willing to teleconference again!
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2020
Dr. Malone has a lot of patience with me. !
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.