Treatment & Services
- Adolescent Health
- Alternatives To Hysterectomy
- Contraceptive Implants
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) Placement
- Menstrual Cycle
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Section of General Gynecology
- Well Woman Gynecology
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Bleeding Disorders
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Gynecologic Infections
- Menstrual Disorders
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Sexual Dysfunction
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Residency - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - University of Chicago Hospitals
Chicago, IL USA
Medical Education - Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Graduate School - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
Undergraduate - University of Chicago
Chicago, IL USA
- Greenwall Fellowship of Bioethics and Health Policy, Johns Hopkins University and Georgetown University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Reproductive Policy Fellow, Genetics and Public Policy Center, Washington, DC
- J. Benjamin Younger Fellow of Public Policy, American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Washington, DC
- Women's Health Institute, Vice Chair of Clinical Research
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Case Western Reserve University
- Member of the Cleveland Clinic Ethics Committee
- Chair of the Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital Ethics Committee
- Associate Editor, Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine
- Member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Gynecologic Practice
- Past Member of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Ethics
- Past Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM ) Ethics Committee
- Past Member of the Therapeutic Data Safety and Monitoring Board of the Division of AIDS, National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Adolescent and women's reproductive health, medical gynecology, clinical research, ethics, reproductive ethics and health policy Adolescent health, bioethics of women's health, general gynecology, health policy of women's health
Awards & Honors
- Janet M. Glasgow Honorable Citation, American Medical Women’s Association
- Junior Career Development Award, Women Faculty of the School of Medicine, Case
- Western Reserve University
- CTSA KL2 Scholar/Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Training Program grant
- Alternate, Norman F. Gant American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Institute of Medicine Fellowship
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Cleveland Society for Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute for Ultrasound Medicine
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/26/2019, Dr. Farrell has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
44 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 25, 2019
Dr. Farrell is an excellent doctor and I have referred many to her and trust her care completely.
Reviewed on May 16, 2019
Dr Farrell was a pleasure to work with and was super informative. I was very pleased with the care I received and look forward to my further care with her.
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2019
Dr Farrell is always respectful and attentive to my concerns and I feel she truly listens to me and discusses options, causes, explanations in a clear, simple way
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2019
Dr Ferral is professional and intelligent and well spoken.
Reviewed on Jan 30, 2019
Excellent doctor - I have already recommended her to friends.
Reviewed on Jan 24, 2019
Dr. Farrell is an excellent physician. She is thoughtful, professional and caring. She does not make me feel rushed and listens and responds to my concerns and questions. I have recommended her to others.
Reviewed on Jan 11, 2019
Dr. Farrell is great!! So genuine and a great doctor
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2018
Respect and trust Dr Farrell very much.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.