Treatment & Services
- Blood Tests
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Cancer Screening
- Executive Physical
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundoscopy Photography
- General Internal Medicine
- Hearing Test
- Internal Medicine
- Men's Health
- Nutrition Sciences
- Preventive Medicine
- Screening and Testing
- Smoking Cessation
- Vision Screening
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Disease Prevention
- Heart Disease
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Stress and Physical Health
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of Michigan School of Public Health
Ann Arbor, MI USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Cincinnati, OH USA
Undergraduate - Harvard University
Cambridge, MA USA
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1985
- Federal Aviation Medical Examiner since 1986
- Editor-in-chief, Cleveland Clinic's Men's Health Advisor, 1999-Present
- Chairman, Department of General Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 2000-2007
- Head, Section of Preventive Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 1990-Present
- Vice Chair, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, 2008-Present
- Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, Cleveland Clinic, 1989-1997
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine - Occupational Medicine
Health screening, occupational diseases, Preventive Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Arthur S. and Arlene M. Holden Chair of Internal Medicine
- U.S. Public Health Service Primary Care Fellowship, 1997
- Included in multiple "Best Doctors" listings
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow, American College of Preventive Medicine
- Master, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American Public Health Association
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Alfred and Norma Learner Humanitarian Award
- Cleveland Clinic Master Clinician Award
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/11/2022, Dr. Lang has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
36 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
7 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 19, 2022
Dr Lang is caring, professional & excellent
Reviewed on Jun 29, 2022
Dr Lang is simply first rate.
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2022
Dr Lang good honest feedback !
Reviewed on Jan 12, 2022
Dr Lang is always Very professional, extremely caring about my healthcare.
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2021
Dr. Lang has been my Dr. For Many years and he is first class. Always courteous, explains issues and treatments in an understandable fashion and will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear !
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2021
*Dr. Lang, *Dr. De Joseph and the entire team were terrific.
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2021
DR. LANG AND HIS TEam are excellent
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.