Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Cervical and Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spine Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Spinal Disorders
- Stenosis - Spinal
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE USA
Undergraduate - King's College
Physician Assistant Studies
Wilkes Barre, PA USA
Undergraduate - Mount Union College
Alliance, OH USA
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- APRN/PA Director- Neurologic Institute - 2018-present
- APRN/PA Manager- Center for Spine Health and Physical Medicine/Rehab - 2015-2018
- APRN/PA Co-Director for the Cleveland Spine Review - 2014-2016
- Physician Assistant
Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Disorders
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of Cleveland Clinic Outstanding PA Department of the Year Award - 2015
- Recipient of Cleveland Clinic PA Shining Star Award - 2006, 2011, 2014, 2017
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Ohio Academy of Physician Assistants (OAPA)
75 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2022
The man is an excellent doctor !!!
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2022
Great doctor and staff
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2022
Making the initial connection to the provider needs a lot of improvement.
Reviewed on Sep 8, 2022
10/10 great doctor in all respects. Super knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. A+
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2022
Have worked with him before he's very caring.
Reviewed on Aug 17, 2022
Dr Al was very thorough and informative. He explained and answered every question I had!!
Reviewed on May 27, 2022
The provider was very knowledgeable and helpful. Very thorough and answered all concerns. Highly recommend him. However that ability to get an appointment was not timely.
Reviewed on Mar 23, 2022
I have already recommended Alfred J Melillo to my workman comp provider as good person to send clients.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.