Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spine Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Thoracic Spine Disorders
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE USA
Undergraduate - King's College
Physician Assistant Studies
Wilkes Barre, PA USA
Undergraduate - Mount Union College
Alliance, OH USA
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- APRN/PA Director- Neurologic Institute - 2018-present
- APRN/PA Manager- Center for Spine Health and Physical Medicine/Rehab - 2015-2018
- APRN/PA Co-Director for the Cleveland Spine Review - 2014-2016
- Physician Assistant
Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Disorders
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of Cleveland Clinic Outstanding PA Department of the Year Award - 2015
- Recipient of Cleveland Clinic PA Shining Star Award - 2006, 2011, 2014, 2017
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Ohio Academy of Physician Assistants (OAPA)
111 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
8 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2023
Dr. Melillo took his time with me and explained everything in language I could understand.
Reviewed on Jul 13, 2023
Alfred J Melillo, PA-C was absolutely one of the best providers of care I have ever had.
Reviewed on May 31, 2023
Alfred is very professional, but relaxed and easy to talk to. Never conveys that he's in a hurry to rush you out the door. Appreciate his positive attitude.
Reviewed on May 24, 2023
Dr.Al went above and beyond in explaining my situation. Covered everything!!
Reviewed on Jan 27, 2023
Dr Melillo was awesome!! Took his time explaining my condition and offering suggestion to relieve any pain. Had a great plan and was very prompt at all appointments.
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2022
The man is an excellent doctor !!!
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2022
Great doctor and staff
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2022
Making the initial connection to the provider needs a lot of improvement.
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.