Treatment & Services
- Allergy Immunotherapy
- Allergy Skin Tests
- Allergy Tests
- Anti-ige Injection Therapy
- Aspirin Challenge
- Blood Test (rast) For Allergies
- Clinical Trials
- Diagnosing Asthma
- Diagnostic Skin Testing For Food, Inhalant, And Drug Allergy
- Drug Allergy Desensitization Therapy
- Drug Challenge and Desensitization
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Exhaled Breath Analysis
- Food Challenge Test
- Immunodeficiency Evaluation
- Immunoglobulin Infusion
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Peak Flow Meter
- Penicillin Allergy Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Treating Asthma With Bronchodilators
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Airborne Allergens
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Disorders
- Allergy Skin Testing
- Bee Stings
- Drug Allergy
- Egg Allergy
- Environmental Allergies
- Fish Allergy
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Insect Sting Allergies
- Latex Allergy
- Medication Allergies
- Milk Allergies
- Milk Allergy
- Nut Allergy
- Ocular Allergies
- Penicillin Allergy
- Seasonal Allergies
- Shellfish Allergy
- Soy Allergy
- Wheat Allergy
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Allergy and Immunology
Boston, MA USA
Residency - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Medical Education - Brown University School of Medicine
Providence, RI USA
Undergraduate - Brown University
Providence, RI USA
- Fellow, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- past Associate Editor and Editorial Board Member, Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- ad hoc reviewer: American Journal of Physiology: Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology; Respiratory Research; Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine; American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine; Journal of Pediatrics; Journal of Experimental Medicine; Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA; Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology; American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology; Journal of Immunology; Allergy; Journal of Bronchology; Journal of Vascular Research
- ad hoc grant reviewer: University Grants Committee, Research Grants Council of Hong Kong; American Institute of Biological Sciences-FAMRI; National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health; Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative-Clinical and Translational Science Award Program, Case Western Reserve University; Leukemia and Lymphoma Research UK-Northern Ireland; Asthma UK.
- past member, Research Advocacy Committee, American Thoracic Society
- Mechanisms of Asthma and Allergic Inflammation, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Anaphylaxis Committee, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
- Allergy and Immunology
- Internal Medicine
Allergy, asthma, rhinitis, food allergy, insect sting allergy, urticaria and angioedema
Awards & Honors
- Sigma Xi
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Training Fellowship
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Respiratory Diseases
- Research Award, Glaxo-Wellcome Allergy Fellowship Award
- Allergy and Immunology Teacher of the Year
- Best Doctors, Allergy and Immunology, Adult, 2009-present
Innovations & Patents
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Cleveland Allergy Society
- American Thoracic Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 2/2/2021, Dr. Hsieh has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
80 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 15, 2021
Was disappointed with my appointment . The doctor is I'm sure a very good one, but was unable to understand why I was referred to him as he stated I , nor my symptoms did not fit into his scope of practice. He didn't listen very well to what I was telling him, I was told to seek out a doctor of his expertise by my kidney specialist for a reason .
Reviewed on May 27, 2021
Dr Hsieh is awesome. Always explains things clearly and talked over specifics and alternate options if the recommended wasn't working as well. Answered all my questions I had
Reviewed on May 13, 2021
Dr Fred is amazing!
Reviewed on Mar 25, 2021
We both like Dr. H. very well, he explained to us the reason why things might be happening and provided medicine.
Reviewed on Mar 4, 2021
my appointment with Dr Hseih was one of my best experiences. he listened thoroughly, responded with compassion, logical recommendations, and made sure I understood fully. and always asked if I felt comfortable with the approach. my whole experience at the clinic was a good one. I've been a UH patient, but I'm now convinced it's time to switch. very professional all the way around. thank u CCF
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2021
I have already recommended this provider to others.
Reviewed on Feb 8, 2021
My time spent with Dr. Hseih was prompt and informative. he took the time to explain everything and was courteous and professional. I highly recommend this provider.
Reviewed on Feb 8, 2021
Very impressed with how accommodating Dr. Shieh was, and pleasant to interact with.
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2021
Dr. Hseih has always been professional and knowledgeable. I trust him 100% in dealing with my CIU.
Reviewed on Jan 15, 2021
he's a wonderful doctor
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
Dr. Hsieh was very caring, professional and stayed until I got all my questions answered and that was greatly appreciated.
Reviewed on Sep 10, 2020
Dr. Hsieh is great!
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.