Treatment & Services
- Allergy Immunotherapy
- Allergy Skin Tests
- Allergy Tests
- Anti-IgE Injection Therapy
- Aspirin Challenge
- Blood Test (RAST) for Allergies
- Clinical Trials
- Diagnosing Asthma
- Diagnostic Skin Testing for Food, Inhalant, and Drug Allergy
- Drug Allergy Desensitization Therapy
- Drug Challenge
- Drug Desensitization
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Exhaled Breath Analysis
- Food Challenge Test
- Immunoglobulin Infusion
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Penicillin Allergy Testing
- Treating Asthma with Bronchodilators
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Airborne Allergens
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Disorders
- Bee Stings
- Drug Allergy
- Egg Allergy
- Environmental Allergies
- Fish Allergy
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Insect Sting Allergies
- Latex Allergy
- Medication Allergies
- Milk Allergy
- Nut Allergy
- Ocular Allergies
- Penicillin Allergy
- Seasonal Allergies
- Shellfish Allergy
- Soy Allergy
- Wheat Allergy
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Brigham & Women's Hospital
Allergy and Immunology
Boston, MA USA
Residency - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Medical Education - Brown University School of Medicine
Providence, RI USA
Undergraduate - Brown University
Providence, RI USA
- Program Director, Allergy and Immunology Fellowship Training Program
- Vice-Chair, Allergy and Immunology
- Fellow, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- past Associate Editor and Editorial Board Member, Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- ad hoc reviewer: American Journal of Physiology: Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology; Respiratory Research; Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine; American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine; Journal of Pediatrics; Journal of Experimental Medicine; Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA; Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology; American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology; Journal of Immunology; Allergy; Journal of Bronchology; Journal of Vascular Research
- ad hoc grant reviewer: University Grants Committee, Research Grants Council of Hong Kong; American Institute of Biological Sciences-FAMRI; National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health; Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative-Clinical and Translational Science Award Program, Case Western Reserve University; Leukemia and Lymphoma Research UK-Northern Ireland; Asthma UK.
- Allergy and Immunology
- Internal Medicine
Allergy, asthma, rhinitis, food allergy, insect sting allergy, urticaria and angioedema
Awards & Honors
- Sigma Xi
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Training Fellowship
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Respiratory Diseases
- Research Award, Glaxo-Wellcome Allergy Fellowship Award
- Allergy and Immunology Teacher of the Year
- Best Doctors, Allergy and Immunology, Adult, 2009-present
Innovations & Patents
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Cleveland Allergy Society
- American Thoracic Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 6/22/2023, Dr. Hsieh has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
90 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.3|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2023
Provider seemed very disinterested in our concerns and seemed to downplay why we were there. I got zero out of the visits and felt we waisted our time. We drove an hour to see the provider and left feeling deflated and unheard
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2023
As a patient, I feel I can trust Dr. Fred Hsieh to handle my concerns. He is an excellent physician.
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2023
Great personal treatment. No wait when I arrived at Dr. Hsieh's office. Very rare these days!
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2023
I will highly recommend Dr. Hsieh to any family members or friends. He covered all bases!!
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2023
The doctor is very much a people person it was very comfortable talking with him
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2023
Couldn't have asked for a better doctor that day
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2023
Dr. Hsieh is competent compassionate and thorough. Couldn't ask for any better
Reviewed on Jun 29, 2023
Dr Hsieh is a very pleasant and knowledgeable doctor. He was quite familiar with my medical history. He explained a few options for going forward with my care and actively sought my opinion. I was pleased with how the appointment went.
Reviewed on Jun 8, 2023
Great experience Excellent Dr. Recommend to everyone.
Reviewed on May 15, 2023
Dr. acted like he just did not care
Reviewed on Apr 6, 2023
My experience was exceptional. It is a wonderful experience to have a physician who is so knowledgeable about my hereditary condition
Reviewed on Jan 30, 2023
Love the Cleveland Clinic - Main Campus. So happy to have Dr. Hsieh as my physician.
Reviewed on Dec 29, 2022
Always a great experience with Dr. Hsieh and the staff
© 2023 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.