Treatment & Services
- Acute Care Medicine
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Cardiovascular Health
- Complete Physical Examinations
- Comprehensive Care Of The Adult Patient
- Diagnosing Asthma
- General Internal Medicine
- Heart Failure Management
- Home Nebulizer
- Internal Medicine
- Men's Health
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Outpatient Care
- Pap Test
- Peak Flow Meter
- Presurgical Testing and Assessment
- Preventive Medicine
- Reproductive Health
- Smoking Cessation
- Treating Asthma With Bronchodilators
- Women's Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Pain
- Addison's Disease
- Adult Medicine
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Infections
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Internal Med./Women's Health
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH USA
Undergraduate - Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH USA
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist from the International Society of Clinical Densitometry
- North American Menopause Society, Certificate of Added Qualification as a Menopause Practitioner
- Published ChaptersBatur P. “Contraception” In: MD consult. http://www.mdconsult.com
- Mayer M, Batur P. “Breast Disorders and Breast Cancer Screening” In: Carey WD ed. Current Clinical Medicine. 1st & 2nd ed. Elsevier, 2009/10.
- Kothari S, Batur P, Elder J. Chapter 28: “Contraception and Prenatal Care.” In: Lang RS, Hensrud DD, eds. Clinical Preventive Medicine, 2nd Ed, AMA Press, 2004: 325-340.
- Batur P, Budev M, Thacker HL. "Women's Hormonal Health Issues." In: Michota F, Mandell B, Stoller JK, eds. The Cleveland Clinic Intensive Review of Internal Medicine. 5th & 4th ed. Baltimore, Maryland, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Batur P, Mayer M. “Breast Cancer and Other Breast Disorders”
- The Cleveland Clinic Disease Management Project (Online Textbook)http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/diseasemanagement/Clinical Experience During FellowshipWomen's Health Center
- Menopause Clinic
- Breast Center
- Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease Center
- Obstetrics Clinic
- Infertility Clinic
- Adolescent Clinic/Eating Disorders
- Colposcopy Clinic
- Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Preventative cardiology
- Women’s Health Psychiatry
- Headache Clinic
- Sports Medicine
- Human Genetics
- Chronic Pelvic Pain Clinic
- Lactation Consult
- Skin care/esthetics (subdivision of Plastic Surgery)
- Vascular medicine
- Female Sexual Dysfunction Clinic
- General Endocrinology
- Thyroid Clinic
- IMPACT- Internal Medicine pre-operative clearance
- Drug Information Center
- Gynecologic procedure observation (hysteroscopy, ultrasound, and common gyn surgeries)
- Internal Medicine
Preventative care, Contraception, Breast cancer risk assessment, Hormone replacement, Menstrual irregularities, Osteoporosis, Women's Health
Awards & Honors
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)/American Diabetes Association DiabetesRecognition Program 7/09-7/12
- Inclusion in Best Doctors database, 2011-current (Bestdoctors.com)
- Cleveland Super Doctors® database, 2013 (Superdoctors.com)
- Multiple Cleveland Clinic caregiver awards, 2013-current
Innovations & Patents
- Shared medical appointments for female physicals
- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM): 2012-current
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP): 2012-current
- American College of Physicians (ACP): 2004-current
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS): 2003-current
- National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF): 2005-2008
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD): 2003-2010
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/13/2016, Dr. Batur has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
50 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.4|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 28, 2017
Great experience every time .
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2017
Dr. Pelin Batur and her staff always follow up with me thru My Chart and a phone call if there are any further decisions or appointments that need to be made.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2016
I had several concerns and felt a little rushed. I probably should schedule a follow up visit.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.