Treatment & Services
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Bone Density Testing
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
- Cervical Polypectomy
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Interdisciplinary Women's Health
- IV Reclast Infusion For Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Menopausal Risk Assessment
- Specialty Women's Health
- Vertebral Fracture Assessment
- Women's Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Vaginal Atrophy
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
Kansas City, MO USA
Undergraduate - University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
Kansas City, MO USA
- Author of the book, <em>The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Menopause</em>, a Cleveland Clinic Guide, © 2009
- Author of the book, <em>Women's Health: Your Body, Your Hormones, Your Choices</em>, a Cleveland Clinic Guide, © 2007
- Founder and Director of Women's Health Fellowship
- Internal Medicine
Breast cancer risk assessment, hormone therapy, menopause and related medical problems, menstrual disorders and interdisciplinary women's health, osteoporosis, menopause, women's health, bioidentical hormone therapy, pelvic electrical stimulation device therapy for urinary leakage and female sexual dysfunction. Breast cancer risk assessment, hormone therapy, menopause and related medical problems, menstrual disorders and interdisciplinary women's health, osteoporosis, menopause and women's health
Awards & Honors
- Healthnetwork Service Excellence Award, 2010
- Best Doctors, <em>Cleveland</em> magazine, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006-2014
- Best Doctors in America, 1998, 2000-2002, 2007, 2008
- Cleveland Clinic Women's Health Center Top Executive, Women's Health Services, 2007
- Legal Resolution from Cuyahoga County Commissioners on Local and National Leadership in Women’s Health, 2006
- Research Program of the Year. Bone Disease Program. Thacker HL et al.<strong> </strong>Recognized for multidisciplinary work.<em> Notations </em>newsletter of Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, www.lerner.ccf.org/notations, 7/21/2005
- Who's Who in Health, <em>Crain's</em><em> Cleveland Business</em>, 2002$0$0Distinguished Women in Health Care, first annual listing from the Visiting Nurse Association, 2000
- Top 40 Under Age 40, <em>Crain's Cleveland Business</em>, 1998$0$0Achievement in Health/Medicine, <em>Northern Ohio Live</em> magazine, "in recognition of outstanding contributions to the quality of life in this region,” 1998
- Ohio State Medical Association elected Councilor 2014-2016<br />North American Menopause Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/28/2016, Dr. Thacker has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Thacker receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
134 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.4|
13 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2016
Dr Thacker explained the course of treatment clearly. I am grateful that she listened to me and answered all my questions.
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2016
Dr. Thacker is the first doc of about 8 to find the problem, listen, believe me, _____ me & give me hope!
Reviewed on Sep 19, 2016
Dr. Thacker was a joy. I look forward to seeing her again. The check out personnel seemed VERY busy & overwhelmed.
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2016
Pleasant, easy, informative.
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2016
I am SO fortunate to be Dr. Thacker's patient. Her knowledge is unparalleled, her thoroughness exemplary, and the personal care and loving touch unmatched!
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2016
Appreciated printed information given & instruction to review at least twice.
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2016
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2016
One of Dr. Thacker's goals is to empower women in understanding their bodies and what is happening in the care that she is providing. Through use of website, getting test results as soon as possible over Clinic website, individual care, and group sessions I cannot give enough praise.
Reviewed on May 12, 2016
She was very clear and decisive, which i appreciate.
Reviewed on May 9, 2016
They were all very thorough.
Reviewed on Apr 28, 2016
Note: I included these comments in a previous box. Dr. Thacker is excellent. She is extremely knowledgable and presents options for treatment to help inform my decision. I would highly recommend Dr. Thacker.
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2016
Dr.Thacker is 1 of therein reasons I come to the Cleveland Clinic. She's an exceptional doctor.
Reviewed on Jan 25, 2016
Dr. Thacker is extremely helpful in navigating complex healthcare decision. Thorough about wellness & prevention as well
© 2016 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.