Treatment & Services
- Alternatives to Hysterectomy
- Incontinence Therapy
- Intramuscular Injections of Botox in the Bladder
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Prolapse
- Robotic Assisted Gynecologic Surgery
- Robotic Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy
- Section of Urogynecology
- Urodynamic Studies
- Urodynamic Testing
- Vaginal Surgery for Incontinence
- Vaginal Surgery for Prolapse
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bladder Irritating Foods
- Bowel Incontinence
- Childbirth Injury
- Female Incontinence
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Pelvic Disorders
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Urethral Diverticulum
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Vaginal Hernia
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Vulvar Disorders
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Pittsburg Medical Center - Magee Womens Hospital
Female Pelvic & Reconstructive Surgery
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Residency - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center - Magee Womens Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Medical Education - University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Graduate School - Arizona State University
Master of Education
Tempe, AZ USA
- Co-Founder of OBGYNs For a Sustainable Future
- Co-Leader of the American Urogynecologic Society Health Care Sustainability Special Interest Group
- Invited Speaker at American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 52nd Global Congress on Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Magee-Womens Research and Education Grant, 2023
- Best Poster, Magee-Womens Research Institute Research Day, 2022
- Stephanie Davis Waste Reduction Award and Scholarship, CleanMed, 2022
- Best Resident Paper, American Urogynecologic Society Pelvic Floor Disorders Week, 2020
- Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, 2019
- Best Video in the Category of Basic Science/Research/Education, 47th American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, Global Congress on Minimally Invasive Surgery, 2018
- Resident Award, Poster Presentation, 2018 CREOG/APGO Annual Meeting, 2018
- Best Resident Poster Presentation, Magee-Womens Research Day, 2018
- Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, 2016
- Silver Scalpel Award, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, 2015
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Urogynecologic Society
- HealthCare Without Harm
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 9/11/2023, Dr. Melnyk has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
51 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern
|Patient Rating of Doctor
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 29, 2023
Dr. Melnyk Treated me with patience and professionalism. I appreciate her thorough explanations of every step in this appointment.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2023
Dr. Melnyk was one of the most efficient, professional and kind Dr. I've ever had. I could feel she cared about me! The outcome after surgery has been great!
Reviewed on Nov 17, 2023
Dr. Melnick was very affable and explained everything before during and after the procedure. I feel completely confident in her care.
Reviewed on Nov 15, 2023
Doc Melnyn listend 2 all my concerns an answered them. She gave me a horough exam
Reviewed on Nov 15, 2023
Dr. Melnyk explained each procedure she was performing and the results. After the exam, she discussed treatment options with me and was considerate of my decision.
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2023
Dr Melnyk was very informative , letting me know options that I have. She gave me her suggestions as well, about which course would be the best to consider and made the most sense etc. She took her time , examined me thoroughly , answered all my questions. She left me with a feeling of relief , I was worried about what It may take to resolve things. She's very easy to talk to and listened to everything I had to say. I'm so happy Dr Bowersox referred me to her !!!
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2023
Dr Melynk was great!
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2023
First visit with Dr Melnyk and while she was pretty late to my appt, she afforded me all the time I needed. She was very attentive and approachable and discussed several options for the treatment of my issues, both surgical and non surgical. She explained everything well and I felt heard by her.
Reviewed on Sep 27, 2023
Dr. Melynk is very professional and caring. I'm pleased she will be performing my surgery.
© 2024 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.