Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Advanced Polypectomy
- Colorectal Cancer Treatment
- Colorectal Surgery
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Fecal Diversion
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Resection
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Digestive Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pediatric Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation
- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
- Stoma Surgery
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgical Endoscopy and Endoscopic Procedures
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Pain
- Anorectal Disease
- Bowel Incontinence
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Paget's Disease
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Presacral Tumors
- Proctitis - Care & Treatment
- Rectal Abscess
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectovaginal Fistulas
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
Minneapolis, MN USA
Residency - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center
NY, NY USA
Internship - New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center
NY, NY USA
Medical School - Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - Princeton University
Princeton, NJ USA
- President, South Florida Chapter of American College of Surgeons 2008 - 2010
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
benign anorectal disease, colon and rectal cancer, Crohn's Disease, laparoscopic colon resection, Ulcerative Colitis
Awards & Honors
- Top Doctors in South Florida, 2007
- America’s Top Doctors for Cancer, 2005-2011
- America’s Top Doctors, 2001-2011
- Best Doctors in America, 1998-2011
- Best Doctors in America, Southeast Region, 1995
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 1994
- South Florida’s Most Highly Regarded Physicians, Miami Metro magazine, Castle Connolly Medical, Ltd., 2002
Innovations & Patents
- Principal investigator for the artificial bowel sphincter in Cleveland Clinic Florida. This device has helped many patients with severe fecal incontinence.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Society of University Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/30/2017, Dr. Nogueras has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
103 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
5 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 23, 2017
Great Dr. Noguras.
Reviewed on Feb 24, 2017
I'm b ery happy,with my treatments and care with Dr. Nagures
Reviewed on Dec 13, 2016
This was my first visit ith Dr. Nogueras. I was very impressed with his treatment, his concern, and his ability to make me feel a genuine part of the diagnosis. I would recommend him highly and would not hesitate to see him again if need be.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2016
I have a game plan for treatment that I understand, and that gives me comfort with respect to the eventual cure if at all possible.
Reviewed on Jul 17, 2016
Dr. Nogueras was so concerned for my well being. And he is an excellent doctor.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.