Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Graduate School - University of California Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA USA
Undergraduate - University of California Berkeley
Berkeley, CA USA
- 2023 Annual Program Committee Member, ISMRM
- 2023 Web Editorial Committee Member, ISMRM
- 2022 Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- 2022 Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (FSCMR)
- 2022 Session Chair, Cardiovascular Imaging, World Congress of Biomechanics
- 2021 Web Editorial Board, ISMRM
- 2020-2023 Chair, Education Committee, ISMRM
- 2021-2022 Co-Chair, Special Interest Group Cardiac Diffusion, SCMR
- 2019-2020 Program Co-Chair, ISMRM/SCMR Workshop
- 2019 CV Table Chair, Education Committee, ISMRM
- 2017 Junior Fellow, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- 2017 Annual Program Committee, Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR)
- 2017 NIH Early Career Trailblazer Award
Awards & Honors
- 2022 Expert in Diffusion Tensor MRI (Top 0.5% PubMed citations past 10 years), ExpertScape
- 2020 Finalist Novartis Global Scholars Program, Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research
- 2018 NIH NIBIB / SCMR Plenary Keynote Lecture
- 2018 Pohost Award Runner-up Winner, Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- 2017 Summa Cum Laude Abstract, ISMRM
- 2017 Early Career Award Finalist, Basic Science Research, SCMR
- 2016 Best Abstract Award, Gordon Research Conference MRI
- 2016 Early Career Award Finalist, Translational Science Research, SCMR
- 2014 Magna Cum Laude Abstract, ISMRM
- 2014 Pohost Award Finalist, Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- 2007-2009 UC LEADS Undergraduate Research Fellowship, University of California San Francisco
Innovations & Patents
- 2021 An organicsynethetic dynamic heart model, WO2021226186A1
- 2020 Free breathing 3D body diffusion imaging using motion-compensated diffusion preparation and motion robust readout, US10649056B2
- 2017 Low-rank tensor imaging for multidimensional cardiovascular MRI, US10436871B2
- 2017 Low-rank tensor imaging quantitative MRI, US20190346523A1
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/3/2023, Dr. Nguyen has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.