Treatment & Services
- Abnormal Vascular Lab Study
- Arterial Intervention
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Medicine Department
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Endovenous Thermal Ablation
- Hypertension Management
- Peripheral Interventions
- Preoperative Exams
- Presurgical Testing and Assessment
- Pseudoaneurysm Injection
- Stress Testing
- Vascular Imaging
- Vascular Medicine Section
- Venous Duplex Ultrasound
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Abnormal Ejection Fraction
- Abnormal EKG
- Amaurosis Fugax
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Thrombosis
- Arterial Blockage
- Arterial Diseases - "blocked Arteries"
- Arterial Dissection
- Ascending Aortic Aneurysm
- Aspirin Therapy in Heart Disease
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Blood Clots
- Cardiac Disease
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Carotid Dissection
- Coronary Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Coronary Spasm Syndrome
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Ehlers Danlos syndrome (EDS) -Vascular Type IV
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
- Heart Attack
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Marfan Syndrome
- May-Thurner Syndrome (MTS)
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Platelet Disorders
- Pre-and Post-operative Instability
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Subclavian Artery Aneurysm
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Strong Memorial Hospital of The University of Rochester
Rochester, NY USA
Residency - New York Presbyterian Hospital
New York, NY USA
Medical Education - State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University
Syracuse, NY USA
Fellowship - Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD USA
Graduate School - University of Rochester Medical Center
Rochester, NY USA
Undergraduate - University of Edinburgh
- Clinical Chemistry (Chemical Pathology)
- Founding Member and Director, University of Rochester Pulmonary Embolism Response Team: Award from the Hospital Board on Quality and Safety in Patient Care.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Vascular Medicine
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms, Carotid Disease, Coronary Artery Disease, Deep vein thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, Platelet Disorders
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Outstanding Young Alumnus Award, Upstate Medical University
- 2017 Quality and Safety Certificate - Pulmonary Embolism Response Team
- 2016 Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- 2016 Fellow of the Society of Vascular Medicine
- 2015 Platelet Colloquium Career Investigator Award, University of Kentucky
- 2014 CVRI Scientific Advisory Board Postdoctoral Research Award (first place)
- 2012 Multiple “Strong Star” nominations from patients and colleagues for exceptional clinical care
- 2009 Alpha Omega Alpha Research Award
- 2009 Herbert Lourie, MD Graduation Award
- 2008 Gold Humanism Honor Society
- 2005 Paul E. Standjord Young Investigator’s Award - with distinction
- 2005 Pathology Young Investigator’s Award for excellence in basic research
- 2004 Pathology Young Investigator’s Award for excellence in clinical research
- 2003 Dean's Award for the most innovative PhD Thesis
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, Society of Vascular Medicine
- Member, American Heart Association
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/6/2021, Dr. Cameron has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
51 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 10, 2021
Dr. Cameron reached out to me proactively after my echo just to ease any concerns I may have before meeting at the actual appointment, which I appreciated very much
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2021
Dr. Cameron gave me the peace and comfort I have needed in answering and explaining everything to me. My son was also impressed. I was glad that my son was able to take part in this appointment, also a first.
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2021
My wife and I drove 9 hours to see Dr. Cameron. We were very happy with our decision to go to Cleveland Clinic. Dr Cameron was very thorough and explained complex medical conditions in a way we could fully understand. He also clearly answered all the questions we had. When we left the CC, we understood fully about my heart condition. Before our visit, we had significant concerns about my cardiovascular health risks. Now we can enjoy our lives much more since we understand my heart condition better. We also impressed with the efficiency of work flow at the CC. Thank you!
Reviewed on Nov 5, 2021
Really good experience doctor so good
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2021
Dr Cameron was brilliant, easy to talk to, treated my mom like a human being. It is a complete 180 to treatment at NW in Chicago.
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2021
Excellent provider, showing remarkable attention to detail and a genuine concern for my well-being.
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2021
Dr.Cameron was thoughtful, caring and answered all questions and more. He's one of the best doctors I have encountered in all my years of going to doctors.
Reviewed on Jul 9, 2021
Dr. Cameron took his time to explain his recommendation in a way that I could understand. He is truly a leader in his field, yet able to simplify his thought process in a way that anyone can understand. It was a wonderful visit
Reviewed on Jul 2, 2021
Dr Cameron is an extraordinary clinician. His education in pharmacology, cardiology and vascular medicine is unsurpassed. He was very focused and gave me his full attention during my visit, utilized shared decision making and educated me on my condition. He is kind and a gentleman.
Reviewed on Jun 4, 2021
Reviewed on May 28, 2021
Dr Cameron was excellent. He gave me a great deal of information. He took time to explain everything to me. made me feel at home and took great interest in me and my illness. I feel he will do all he can for me.
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2021
Dr. Cameron was very courteous and spent extra time answering all of my questions. Great Dr.
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2021
I would highly recommend Dr. Cameron to anyone.
Reviewed on Mar 19, 2021
Dr.Cameron. very easy to talk to He listens and explains results of any test. Excellent Bedside Manners
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2021
Dr. Cameron is efficient, thoughtful, empathetic, brilliant, and kind.
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2021
our experience was over the top with the quality of care received. Everyone was so helpful and willing to assist. Dr. Cameron was too notch in knowledge and gave us hope to finding the right treatment after 9 years of searching.
Reviewed on Feb 19, 2021
Dr Cameron was extremely personable, knowledgeable & caring. I was very impressed!
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2021
Dr Camron is amazing
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.