Treatment & Services
- Adult Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Aorta Center
- Aorta Graft
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Grafts
- Atherosclerosis Surgery
- Atrial Septal Defect Closure
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery Re-operation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery Department
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Congenital Heart Surgery in Adults
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (cabg) Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Coronary Artery Reoperation
- David Procedure
- David Reimplantation Operation
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Thoracic
- Endovascular Surgery
- Epicardial Lead Placement
- Heart Surgery
- Heart Surgery for Marfan Syndrome
- Heart Surgery Reoperation
- Heart Valve Disease - Percutaneous Interventions
- Heart Valve Repair and Replacement
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Infective Endocarditis Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Repair
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Modified David's Reimplantation Procedure
- Off Pump Bypass Surgery
- Off Pump Heart Surgery
- Percutaneous Valve Repair and Replacement
- Percutaneous Valve Treatment
- Pericardial Window
- Pericardium Surgery
- Pulmonary Embolism Surgery
- Pulmonic Valve Replacement
- Radial Artery and Saphenous Vein Harvesting
- Removal of Atrial Myxoma
- Reoperation Valve Surgery
- Reoperative Heart Surgery
- Repair Of Aortic Aneurysms And Dissections
- Repair of Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms and Dissections
- Stent Grafting
- Surgery for Infective Endocarditis
- Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Surgical Ablation Of Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Procedures for Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Treatment Of Adult Acquired Heart Disease
- Surgical Treatment Of Thoracic And Cardiovascular Disease
- Surgical Treatment Of Valve Endocarditis
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Section
- Thoracic Aorta Surgery
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Replacement
- Tricuspid Valve Surgery
- Valve Surgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acquired Adult Cardiac Disease
- Acquired Valve Disease
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Insufficiency
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Coarctation Of The Aorta
- Collagen Vascular Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Valve Disease
- Connective Tissue Disorders
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Dissection Of The Aorta
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Infective Endocarditis
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Pulmonary Artery Stenosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Valve Disease
- Pulmonic Regurgitation
- Pulmonic Stenosis
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Tricuspid Regurgitation
- Tricuspid Stenosis
- Tricuspid Valve Disease
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Undergraduate - Xavier University
Cincinnati, OH USA
Aortic valve surgery; surgery for aortic aneurysms and dissections, including minimally invasive and hybrid interventions; transcatheter valve interventions; re-operative cardiac surgery; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
Awards & Honors
- Bryant Award for Clinical Excellence in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa, Xavier University, 2009
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 7/7/2020, Dr. Vargo has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
103 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2020
The telemed appointment on 11/9 left some not completely answered, but one or two days later, Dr. Vargo called me to address my questions in more depth. I greatly appreciated that.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
I have experience with two major operations at Cleveland Clinic. Dr Roselli and Dr Vargo are both excellent surgeons and take time in the follow up visits to show me the CT scans, explain them and answer any questions. World class!
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2020
Dr Vargo took the time to FaceTime with my wife and explain my condition, the options and ease any concerns she had.
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Dr. Vargo, MD was an excellent doctor and was very informative of my condition and prognosis.
Reviewed on Oct 14, 2020
Doctors was very kind. THey explain everything. They answered questions and made me comfortable.
Reviewed on Oct 7, 2020
great visit w Dr. Vargo. He is very patient and listened and answered all of our questions.
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
Dr. Vargo is a great doctor. Our problems with the video was not his fault.
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
Doctors were wonderful, informative, kind.
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Dr. Vargo was excellent in assessing my condition and explaining things to me in a very clear, direct way. We reviewed my current status, best course of action for now and briefly some possible options for down the road if my condition changes.
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2020
Dr. Vargo was very personable and professional.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
*Dr. Vargo saved my life.
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2020
It was a great visit. Dr. Vargo is an excellent surgeon and his staff is very professional!
Reviewed on Jul 6, 2020
Dr. Vargo went over my test results and took the time to answer all my questions. he even took the time to print off a copy of one of my medical reports. it would highly recommend Dr. Vargo.
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2020
Had trouble with billing when I went to emergency per doctor because of afib. I'm still working on this with Blue Cross. They're saying they are not covering it because nothing was done. The doctor told me to go to Emergency and I was admitted!
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2020
Excellent doctors & coordination beyond none, very impressive!
Reviewed on Jun 15, 2020
Dr. Vargo said I could call his office for questions
Reviewed on Jun 15, 2020
Thank you again to the doctors, nurses, all medical & non medical staff you are amazing.
Reviewed on Jun 15, 2020
*Dr. Jessica Fem, *Dr. Vango and his cardiac team. *Dr. Andegoni Sandalalois are BEYOND! fantastic. They saved my LIFE!
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2020
Very good professional service from a friendly articulate doctor.
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.