Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Adult Dialysis Access
- Aneurysm Surgery - Traditional Open Surgery
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Mesenteric Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Renal Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting of PAD
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Subclavian Artery
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Vertebral Artery
- Aorta Graft
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Open Repair And Endovascular Repair
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortofemoral Bypass Grafting
- Atherectomy for Peripheral Artery Disease
- Atherectomy For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Atherosclerosis Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery for Atherosclerosis/PAD/PVD
- Bypass Surgery for Venous Disease
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid-Subclavian Bypass
- Clinical Trials
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Dialysis Access Procedures
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Embolization of Arteriovenous Malformations
- Embolization of Carotid Body Tumors
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Abdominal
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Thoracic
- Endovascular Repair Of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Endovascular Repair Of Carotid Artery Disease
- Endovascular Repair Of Lower Extremity Ischemia
- Endovascular Repair Of Renal And Mesenteric Disease
- Endovascular Repair of Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Endovascular Surgery
- Endovascular Treatment of Lower Extremity Artery Disease
- Endovenous Laser Therapy
- Endovenous Surgery For Varicose Veins
- Endovenous Thermal Ablation
- First Rib Resection
- In Situ Revascularization
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- IVC Filter Placement
- Lazer Atherectomy For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Lazer Treatment Of Varicose Veins
- Medical Management of PAD
- Mesenteric Stents
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Non-invasive Testing for Vascular Disease
- Pediatric Dialysis Access
- Pediatric Vascular Procedures
- Percutaneous Interventions For Vascular Disease
- Renal Stents
- Repair Of Aortic Aneurysms And Dissections
- Repair of Venous Aneurysms
- Resection of Carotid Body Tumors
- Resection of Congenital Vascular Lesions
- Retrieval Of Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- Screening and Testing
- Stents For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery (SEPS)
- Surgery for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Surgical Bypass for Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Decompression
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Arterial Disease
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Venous Disease
- Vascular Surgery Department
- Vascular Surgery Services
- Vascular Tests
- Vein Ablation
- Vein Ligation and Stripping
- Vena Cava Filters
- Venous Angioplasty/Stenting
- Venous Stents
- Venous Thrombolysis
- Venous Valve Transplant
- Vertebral Artery Surgery
- Visceral Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Visceral Ischemic Endarterectomy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Amaurosis Fugax
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Occlusion (blockage)
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Axillary Artery Aneurysm
- Blood Clots
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid Body Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cerebrovascular Occlusive Disease
- Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
- Collagen Vascular Disease
- Congenital Valve Disease
- Congenital Vascular Lesions
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Extracranial Carotid Artery Aneurysms
- Femoral Artery Aneurysm
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hepatic Artery Aneurysm
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Hypothenar Hammer Syndrome
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Infected Grafts
- Intermittent Claudication
- Intestinal Ischemic Syndrome
- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (KTS)
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Lower Extremity Ulcers
- Marfan Syndrome
- May-Thurner Syndrome (MTS)
- Mesenteric Arteries Occlusive Disease
- Pediatric Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Popliteal Artery Aneurysms
- Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome
- Pressure Ulcers
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Renal Artery Disease
- Rest Pain
- Splenic Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Steal Syndrome
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Takayasu's Arteritis
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Ulnar Artery Aneurysm
- Venous Disorders
- Venous Insufficiency
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Leg Ulcers
- Vertebral Artery Disease
- Visceral Artery Aneurysms
- Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Washington University
St. Louis, MO USA
Residency - UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
Medical Education - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Complex aortic aneurysms and occlusive disease, thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissection, carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, connective tissue disorders, thoracic outlet syndrome
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/15/2021, Dr. Caputo has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
214 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
35 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2021
Dr Caputo was very good at reassuring me my condition can be successfully treated at Cleveland Clinic. He and his team made me feel very confident I had made the right decision to travel to Cleveland to see him and he gave me a clear picture of my best options for surgery.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2021
Dr Caputo made me feel very confident in trusting my surgery to him.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2021
Great service and great understanding doctor.
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2021
Found Dr Caputo to be an EXCELLENT, extremely caring and knowledgeable physician! Gained complete confidence in his ability to perform the surgery.
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2021
My diagnosis were arterial aneurysm/splenic, and blood clot in the split agave which was quite worrisome to me. From the moment Dr. Puro stepped into the office with his staff I knew things would come about with the correct answers. Very knowledgeable and has discovered things they would've relaxed me years ago.
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2021
Jane and Dr. Caputo exceeded my expectations in everyone of these areas. Both of them were very compassionate and explained how we would proceed with my treatment In terms that I could understand. I came to the Cleveland Clinic pretty disheartened about my condition, but I left with a sense of hope and a feeling that Jane and Dr. Caputo would do whatever they possibly could to help me.
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2021
Dr. Caputo is the most outstanding individual I have ever met in the Medical profession. He knows exactly what I think of him. 'Nuff said!!!
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2021
This was the most pleasant (must say, enjoyable) physician appointment of my life! And we were discussing the most serious health issue of my life. And with a physician I was meeting for the first time who would perform the required surgery. I felt confidence in his competence, relished his fun sense of humor, and felt he was a wholesome person. He also wore a great pair of loafers :-)
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2021
The DR was amazing
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2021
First time a surgeon (*Dr. Caputo) has ever given me his personal cell phone to call him w/any concerns.
Reviewed on Aug 12, 2021
I owe a special debt. of gratitude to *Dr. Gaputo and his team - *Dr. Perry, *Dr. Kovacs and *Rachel is well as *Dr. Skubas, not only for their great surgical skill and medical expertise, but for their kind attention to my care. Simply outstanding.
Reviewed on Aug 5, 2021
Appointment was very quick. I had test done for maintenance mostly to make sure stent is still doing it's job. So visit with doctor was an affirmation that all is well.
Reviewed on Jul 8, 2021
Enjoyed speaking with Dr. Caputo
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2021
I had an excellent consultation with Dr. Caputo and his team. My medical condition and treatment options were clearly explained and all my questions were answered. I felt I was able to make a very well-informed treatment decision.
Reviewed on Jun 26, 2021
*Dr. Caputo is excellent.
Reviewed on May 25, 2021
Dr Caputo is top notch. I could not have a better person, surgeon, and physician. He is the absolute best. Would highly recommend him.
Reviewed on May 18, 2021
I have recommended this health care provider to others that would benefit from getting his opinion.
Reviewed on May 6, 2021
Dr. Caputo efficiently uses his time, but at the same time answers all my many questions. I appreciate that. He also exhibits good sense.
Reviewed on May 6, 2021
Dr. Caputo is the very best. I trust him infinitly.
Reviewed on Apr 29, 2021
I found Dr Capitol to be very thorough, friendly, professional. would recommend him to everyone.
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2021
Wonderful doctor. Cleveland Clinic is very blessed and lucky to have such a knowledgeable professional.
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2021
I would willingly, gladly and confidently recommend Dr Caputo.
Reviewed on Apr 13, 2021
Loved the doctor! His bedside manner was awesome. He explained everything and was also funny. He treated me like a person and not a number.
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2021
Dr Caputo is excellent and has wonderful bedside manner. he actually cares and wants to help his patients.
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021
Dr Caputo is great , the technology is always difficult.
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2021
The conversation with doctor was excellent. It was refreshing to talk with a doctor who was willing to tell the truth without beating around the bush. The connection of the call was rather poor because the foctor's voice faded away sometimes at the most important part and we had to have him repeat.
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2021
was able to accommodate schedule because of long travel and consolidate multiple Dr visits in one day. Doctor spent great amount of time discussing condition and did not rush us in and out. he was also very personable and had good bedside manner. we really liked him. He answered all of our questions. He is a good representative of the Cleveland clinic.
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2021
absolutely would recommend Dr Caputo
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2021
Dr. Caputo's staff is extremely professional while still being polite and efficient. Laura has been a pleasure to work with and Jane is knowledgeable and very capable of meeting our needs! Dr. Caputo put our minds at ease and assured us we are in good hands! All in all our initial contact has been very favorable.
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2021
All was good - the kindness of the staff stands out. From the x-ray techs, to the gentleman who transported her to her room after surgery, to the cleaning staff, to the nurses, to the doctors, I was touched by their demeanor and excellent care of my daughter.
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2021
Dr Caputo responded to our request for a second opinion. He was very patient sensitive and answered all the questions posed by me and my wife.
Reviewed on Feb 9, 2021
Dr Caputo and staff were very helpful and extremely professional. I highly recommend Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Feb 7, 2021
Very pleased with the doctors - top rate.
Reviewed on Jan 21, 2021
I trust Dr.Caputo 100% on his surgical expertise and medical judgement
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2021
My Father and I love Dr Caputo, he is caring ,thoughtful ,patient ..explained everything and my dad was very comfortable with Dr Caputo. my dad had a lot of complications but Dr Caputo was on top of all of them !! his team was great thank you for everything!!
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.