Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Adult Dialysis Access
- Aneurysm Surgery - Traditional Open Surgery
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Mesenteric Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting for Renal Artery Stenosis
- Angioplasty/Stenting of PAD
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Subclavian Artery
- Angioplasty/Stenting of Vertebral Artery
- Aorta Graft
- Aorta Surgery
- Aortic Aneurysm Open Repair And Endovascular Repair
- Aortic Dissection
- Aortofemoral Bypass Grafting
- Atherectomy for Peripheral Artery Disease
- Atherectomy For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Atherosclerosis Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Bypass Surgery
- Bypass Surgery for Atherosclerosis/PAD/PVD
- Bypass Surgery for Venous Disease
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid-Subclavian Bypass
- Clinical Trials
- Complex Aorta Surgery
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Dialysis Access Procedures
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Embolization of Arteriovenous Malformations
- Embolization of Carotid Body Tumors
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Abdominal
- Endovascular Aorta Treatment - Thoracic
- Endovascular Repair Of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms
- Endovascular Repair Of Carotid Artery Disease
- Endovascular Repair Of Lower Extremity Ischemia
- Endovascular Repair Of Renal And Mesenteric Disease
- Endovascular Repair of Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Endovascular Surgery
- Endovascular Treatment of Lower Extremity Artery Disease
- Endovenous Laser Therapy
- Endovenous Surgery For Varicose Veins
- Endovenous Thermal Ablation
- First Rib Resection
- In Situ Revascularization
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- IVC Filter Placement
- Lazer Atherectomy For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Lazer Treatment Of Varicose Veins
- Medical Management of PAD
- Mesenteric Stents
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Non-invasive Testing for Vascular Disease
- Pediatric Dialysis Access
- Pediatric Vascular Procedures
- Percutaneous Interventions For Vascular Disease
- Renal Stents
- Repair Of Aortic Aneurysms And Dissections
- Repair of Venous Aneurysms
- Resection of Carotid Body Tumors
- Resection of Congenital Vascular Lesions
- Retrieval Of Inferior Vena Cava Filters
- Screening and Testing
- Stents For Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery (SEPS)
- Surgery for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Surgery for Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Surgical Bypass for Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Decompression
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Arterial Disease
- Thrombolytic Therapy For Venous Disease
- Vascular Surgery Department
- Vascular Surgery Services
- Vascular Tests
- Vein Ablation
- Vein Ligation and Stripping
- Vena Cava Filters
- Venous Angioplasty/Stenting
- Venous Stents
- Venous Thrombolysis
- Venous Valve Transplant
- Vertebral Artery Surgery
- Visceral Artery Aneurysm Surgery
- Visceral Ischemic Endarterectomy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Amaurosis Fugax
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Occlusion (blockage)
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Axillary Artery Aneurysm
- Blood Clots
- Carotid Artery Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Carotid Body Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Cerebrovascular Occlusive Disease
- Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
- Collagen Vascular Disease
- Congenital Valve Disease
- Congenital Vascular Lesions
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Extracranial Carotid Artery Aneurysms
- Femoral Artery Aneurysm
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hepatic Artery Aneurysm
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Hypothenar Hammer Syndrome
- Iliac Artery Aneurysm
- Iliac Artery Occlusion (blockage)
- Infected Grafts
- Intermittent Claudication
- Intestinal Ischemic Syndrome
- Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (KTS)
- Leg Circulation Problems
- Lower Extremity Ulcers
- Marfan Syndrome
- May-Thurner Syndrome (MTS)
- Mesenteric Arteries Occlusive Disease
- Pediatric Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Popliteal Artery Aneurysms
- Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome
- Pressure Ulcers
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Renal Artery Aneurysm
- Renal Artery Disease
- Rest Pain
- Splenic Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Artery Aneurysm
- Subclavian Steal Syndrome
- Superficial Thrombophlebitis
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
- Takayasu's Arteritis
- Temporal Arteritis
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Ulnar Artery Aneurysm
- Venous Disorders
- Venous Insufficiency
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Leg Ulcers
- Vertebral Artery Disease
- Visceral Artery Aneurysms
- Visceral Ischemic Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Washington University
St. Louis, MO USA
Residency - UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
Medical Education - New Jersey Medical School
Newark, NJ USA
- Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Complex aortic aneurysms and occlusive disease, thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissection, carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, connective tissue disorders, thoracic outlet syndrome
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 3/10/2022, Dr. Caputo has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
139 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
19 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2022
Dr. Caputo was very clear, helpful and supportive.
Reviewed on Jul 27, 2022
I had a little trouble signing in for the video, but Dr. Kaputo called me.
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2022
I found Dr Caputo very easy to talk to and his concern for the patient. I enjoyed our visit very much.
Reviewed on Jun 22, 2022
My condition was explained very well. Dr Caputo is a very caring doctor.
Reviewed on May 26, 2022
Excellent care. I tell everyone to what a wonderful Dr. Caputo is. I good not ask for better care.
Reviewed on May 11, 2022
DR Caputo is a great man and even better surgeon
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2022
The entire team was extremely knowledgeable and caring. This was our third consultation for a potential procedure and we left the office with great confidence regarding Dr. Caputo and his amazing staff.
Reviewed on Apr 27, 2022
Cleveland clinic would be my first choice for any future medical needs with the hope every doctor is a clone of Dr. Caputo!!! I can't say enough.
Reviewed on Mar 24, 2022
I have never felt more cared for in my adult life. The people involved were extremely nice and made me feel at ease. Unbelievably detailed doctors.
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2022
The experience exceeded my expectations. Truly wonderful doctors, nurses, and support team. I felt like I had the "A Team taking care of me".
Reviewed on Jan 27, 2022
I wish all doctors would be so knowledgeable, experienced and patient. As *Dr. Caputo, MD he is one of the best I've ever met.
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2022
Dr. Caputo has exceeded my expectations with my surgery. I am very happy to have been referred to his office. His nurses were all great to work with.
Reviewed on Jan 10, 2022
Kind, caring doctor and staff. Made me feel I mattered to them.
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2022
I've seen Dr Caputo several times over the past year. He's done 2 surgeries on me. He is one of the best vascular surgeons in the country and I feel blessed to have him in charge of my care. He's very easy to talk to and puts my mind at ease. He doesn't make you feel rushed and bonus, he has a great personality!! I travel over 1,000 to see him because I know I'm getting the best care for my aneurysm.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2021
Dr Caputo was very good at reassuring me my condition can be successfully treated at Cleveland Clinic. He and his team made me feel very confident I had made the right decision to travel to Cleveland to see him and he gave me a clear picture of my best options for surgery.
Reviewed on Dec 15, 2021
Dr Caputo made me feel very confident in trusting my surgery to him.
Reviewed on Dec 12, 2021
Excellent very pleased with *Dr. Caputo and *Dr. Lagdon.
Reviewed on Dec 8, 2021
Great service and great understanding doctor.
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2021
Found Dr Caputo to be an EXCELLENT, extremely caring and knowledgeable physician! Gained complete confidence in his ability to perform the surgery.
© 2022 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.