Treatment & Services
- Cancer Center
- Clinical Trials
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- External Beam Radiotherapy
- Fractionated Radiotherapy
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Therapy In The Treatment Of Breast Cancers
- Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adult Brain Tumors
- Advanced Lung Disease
- Benign Brain Tumors
- Benign Tumors of the Spinal Cord
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Laryngeal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Malignant Tumors of the Brain
- Malignant Tumors Of The Head
- Malignant Tumors Of The Neck
- Malignant Tumors of the Spinal Cord
- Mediastinal Tumor
- Metastatic Bone Tumors
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
- Metastatic Tumors Of The Liver
- Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Pituitary Tumors
- Primary Central Nervous System Lymphomas
- Prostate Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Skull Base Cancer
- Solid Tumor Disorders
- Spinal Cancer
- Spine Tumors
- Thoracic Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Vancouver Island Cancer Center
Residency - Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia,
Medical Education - University of Dublin, Trinity College
Dublin 2, Ireland
Undergraduate - Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC Canada
- Certified, American Board of Radiology
- LDR Prostate Brachytherapy Certificate
- Specialist Certificate in Radiation Oncology--Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Completed Radiation Oncology Clinical Research Fellowship-Sites: Prostate Brachytherapy and Breast Cancer at the British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Island Centre
- Provides general Radiation Oncology services covering: GU, Thoracic, Head and Neck, CNS, GI, GYN, Lymphoma, and Sarcoma.
- Outpatient consults and simulation, radiation treatment planning, and follow-up care
- Special skills include: 3dCRT, IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, and Prostate LDR Brachytherapy
- Radiation Oncology
Breast Cancer Lung Cancer Prostate Cancer
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/31/2018, Dr. Canavan has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
130 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 13, 2019
dr. caravan is very nice person and pretty thorough.
Reviewed on Apr 16, 2019
I have met with Dr. Canavan several times, each time she has demonstrated effective listening skills and has patiently answered my questions in terms I was able to understand.
Reviewed on Feb 21, 2019
I was and have always been very pleased with my provider.
Reviewed on Feb 11, 2019
Employees and doctor very courteous and caring.
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2019
Dr Canavan very helpful and professional
Reviewed on Aug 10, 2018
please understand that I am a cancer patient and a majority of the questions do not apply to my care. Dr. Canavan is a very thorough and caring doctor and would recommend her to anyone.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.