Treatment & Services
- Adrenal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery - Thyroid And Parathyroid
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Paraganglioma Surgery
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Surgical Ultrasound
- Thyroid Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound And Biopsy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal disorders
- Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Adrenal Tumors
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Beta-cell disorders
- Calcium Disorders
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Conn's Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Endocrine Disorders
- Familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Goiter and Thyroid Nodules/Tumors
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Glands
- Thyroid Lesion
- Thyroid Masses
- Thyroid Nodule
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Rush University Medical Center
Chicago, IL USA
Medical School - University of Missouri
Kansas City, MO USA
Undergraduate - University of Missouri
Kansas City, MO USA
- Clinical and Research Fellowships (The Cleveland Clinic) – Endocrine Surgery, Outcomes Research, and Surgical Education (2016)
- Endocrine Surgery University - American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (2015)
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasound Course - American College of Surgeons (2014)
- Residents As Teachers Course - American College of Surgeons (2011)
- Public Health and Policy Internship - American Medical Association (2007)
- Committee on Communication and Technology – Association for Academic Surgery (2017-2018)
- Residency Advisory Committee – Rush University Medical Center / John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County Integrated Residency in General Surgery (2011 - 2014)
- Committee on Cancer Delegate – Rush University Medical Center (2013 - 2014)
- Process Improvement Delegate for Surgical Services – Rush University Medical Center (2012 - 2014)
endocrine surgery (thyroid and parathyroid and adrenal surgery), minimally-invasive endocrine surgery, re-operative endocrine surgery, familial endocrine syndromes, office-based procedures including ultrasound and biopsies and laryngoscopies, reducing multiple patient visits, emphasis on strong physician-patient communication, medical and surgical education, surgical technology, patient-centered decision making, individualized plans of care for patients
Awards & Honors
- Michener Grant for Leadership Development – The Alumni Association, The Cleveland Clinic (2015)
- Caregiver Award – Department of Endocrine Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic (2015)
- Chief Resident Teacher of the Year – Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center (2014)
- Positive Learning Environment Award Finalist - Rush Medical College (2014)
- American College of Surgeons Resident Award for Exemplary Teaching (2013)
- Junior Resident Teacher of the Year – Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center (2012)
- Aesculapius Award - Rush Medical College (2010)
- Wow Award - Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Rush University Medical Center (2009)
- Intern of the Year - Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center / John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County (2009)
- Cardiothoracic Intern of the Year – Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center / John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County (2009)
- Pharmacoeconomics Essay Contest Honorable Mention - Brigham & Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School (2008)
- Medical Dean’s Scholar Award - University of Missouri- Kansas City School of Medicine (2001)
- American College of Surgeons
- Association of Academic Surgery
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/26/2018, Dr. Krishnamurthy has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
95 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.5|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.6|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2018
The doctor was pleasant and knowledgable but seemed rushed.
Reviewed on Sep 19, 2018
One of the best doctors I have seen. Liked him very much and my surgery went very smoothly and I feel so much better.
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2018
The last time I saw Dr. Krishnamurthy he spent a lot of time with me and I was very impressed. This time it seemed like he rushed through my appointment. I was a little disappointed.
Reviewed on Jun 14, 2018
he is my surgeon and is following me every six months. I respect this doctor. very nice and would recommend him if someone needed surgery.
Reviewed on May 24, 2018
I'm very favorably impressed with the care I received. I just wish the Cleveland Clinic had a location closer to my area of residence. Your Doctor and Nurse were great and made me feel completely at ease!
Reviewed on May 3, 2018
Dr. Krishnamurthy was kind, respectful, and very knowledgeable. Truly professional! The office staff and nursing support staff were pleasant, gentle and very respectful.
Reviewed on May 3, 2018
caring,respectful and concerned. felt very comfortable with doctor.
Reviewed on May 3, 2018
waited 1 hour and 15 min for dr to do a 5 min sonogram. no apologies no explanation. when inquired about time was told well there are 3 more people ahead of you
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2018
excellent physician, I don't feel I could find anyone better.
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.