Treatment & Services
- Adrenal Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery - Thyroid And Parathyroid
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Paraganglioma Surgery
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Surgical Ultrasound
- Thyroid Aspiration
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound And Biopsy
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal Tumors
- Adrenocortical Carcinoma
- Beta-cell disorders
- Calcium Disorders
- Carcinoid Syndrome
- Conn's Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Endocrine Disorders
- Familial Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
- Goiter and Thyroid Nodules/Tumors
- Pancreatic Endocrine Tumors
- Parathyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Disease Description
- Primary Hyperaldosteronism
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Tertiary hyperparathyroidism
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Lesion
- Thyroid Masses
- Thyroid Nodule
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Rush University Medical Center
Chicago, IL USA
Medical Education - University of Missouri
Kansas City, MO USA
Undergraduate - University of Missouri
Kansas City, MO USA
- Surgical Outcomes Research Fellowship – Cleveland Clinic (2016)
- Endocrine Surgery University - American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (2015)
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasound Course - American College of Surgeons (2014)
- Residents As Teachers Course - American College of Surgeons (2011)
- Public Health and Policy Internship - American Medical Association (2007)
- Assistant Professor of Surgery – Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- Associate Program Director – General Surgery Residency Curriculum, Cleveland Clinic
- Director of Surgical Education – Department of Endocrine Surgery, Cleveland Clinic
- Information and Technology Committee – American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Membership Committee – Association for Academic Surgery
- Committee on Communication and Technology – Association for Academic Surgery (2017-2018)
- Administrative Chief Resident – Rush University Medical Center / Cook County Hospital (2013-2014)
- Committee on Cancer – Rush University Medical Center (2013-2014)
- Residency Advisory Committee – Rush University Medical Center / Cook County Hospital (2011-2014)
- Surgery - General Surgery
endocrine surgery (thyroid and parathyroid and adrenal surgery), minimally-invasive endocrine surgery, re-operative endocrine surgery, familial endocrine syndromes, office-based procedures including ultrasound and biopsies and laryngoscopies, reducing multiple patient visits, emphasis on strong physician-patient communication, medical and surgical education, surgical technology, patient-centered decision making, individualized plans of care for patients
Awards & Honors
- Scholarship in Teaching Award – Case Western Reserve School of Medicine (2019)
- Michener Grant for Leadership Development – The Alumni Association, Cleveland Clinic (2015)
- Chief Resident Teacher of the Year – Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center (2014)
- Positive Learning Environment Award – Rush Medical College (2014)
- American College of Surgeons Resident Award for Exemplary Teaching (2013)
- Junior Resident Teacher of the Year – Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center (2012)
- Aesculapius Award – Rush Medical College (2010)
- Intern of the Year – Department of Surgery, Rush University Medical Center / Cook County Hospital (2009)
- Cardiothoracic Intern of the Year – Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center / Cook County Hospital (2009)
- Pharmacoeconomics Essay Contest Honorable Mention – Brigham & Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School (2008)
- Medical Dean’s Scholar Award – University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine (2001)
- American College of Surgeons
- Association of Academic Surgery
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/13/2019, Dr. Krishnamurthy has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
83 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
10 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Sep 30, 2020
very caring provider and his staff
Reviewed on Jul 2, 2020
*Dr. Krishnamurthy is an awesome doctor. he is kind, knowledgeable, professionala nd shows concern. I am grateful to have him as my surgeon.
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2020
This was my first time meeting this doctor- & in my many years -I must say he was an incredibly physician...patient, answered questions, informative & was an overall good experience. I will recommend him without hesitation.
Reviewed on Jun 17, 2020
Dr. Krishnamurthy was very pleasant and courteous, I liked him right off.
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2020
Really liked Dr.
Reviewed on Mar 12, 2020
Dr. Krishnamurthy has always been very professional and has answered all my questions. I have been very pleased with his care as a patient.
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2020
the doctor was concerned, explained very clearly, answered questions, was knowledgable, professional, and considerate ( unlike others I have encountered ). He did exams so he could see for himself what was the condition
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2020
I do not feel rushed by Dr Krishnamurthy!
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2020
The doctor is always thorough and explains things to me and my family very well.
Reviewed on Dec 23, 2019
Dr. K is always thorough, willing to listen, and has a great bedside manner.
© 2020 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.