Treatment & Services
- Family Medicine
Is Cleveland Clinic Florida Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Florida locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Medical Education - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - Case Western Reserve University - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Cincinnati, OH USA
Undergraduate - The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH USA
- Copello Health Advocacy Fellow, National Physicians Alliance, 2013
- Inquiry Fellow, Research Division, Case Western Reserve University Department of Family Medicine, 2009
- Family Medicine Research Fellow, Cleveland Clinic Medicine Institute, 2015-2017
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians, 1993
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
- Family Medicine Research Fellow, Cleveland Clinic Medicine Institute
- Rood, MD, Mark N, et. Al, Journal of Family Practice 2012
- Martinez, K, Rood, MD, Mark N, et. al, Annals of Internal Medicine 2018
- Martinez, K, Rood, MD, Mark N, et. al, JAMA Internal Medicine 2018
- Martinez, K, Rood, MD, Mark N, et. al, Journal of General Internal Medicine 2018
- Martinez, K, Rood, MD, Mark N, et. al, Journal of General Internal Medicine 2019
- Chief Clinical Investigator, Geauga Fitness Challenge, Case Department of Family Medicine
- Clinical Investigator, Family Healthware Impact Trial, Centers for Disease Control
- Family Medicine
Impact of the Patient Centered Medical Home on healthcare delivery and population health Barriers to quality healthcare (ie. affordable prescription drugs, women's health, obesity) Effect of multi-morbidity on quality metrics Influence of visit length and patient satisfaction on quality of telemedicine encounters Collaboration between Patient-Centered Medical Homes to fulfill the promise of the Triple-Aim
Awards & Honors
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Case Western Reserve University
- Scholarship in Teaching Award, Case Western Reserve University
- Best Poster Presentation Award: Ohio Family Medicine Symposium
- Phi Beta Kappa, The Ohio State University
Innovations & Patents
- National Physicians Alliance
- American Academy of Family Physicians Former Board of Directors Member, Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- Committee Chairman, Northeast Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
- Former President, Cleveland Academy of Family Physicians
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 5/20/2019, Dr. Rood has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
80 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.7|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Apr 30, 2019
Though the care was excellent, and Dr. Rood was most caring, I still am in pain with no real hope of relief. Just staying the course is not helping.
Reviewed on Apr 8, 2019
I always receive excellent care from dr Rood and the staff at South Russell Family Practice
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2019
Dr. Rood was very thorough. He took his time and explained my issue in great detail.
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2019
I have had no issues it always been fine at Dr. Roods office.
Reviewed on Oct 1, 2018
As always, Dr Rood has a thorough understanding of my medical needs and the knowledge to work within the constraints of the system. However, his communication style is aloof and occasionally uncomfortable to talk with.
Reviewed on Jun 9, 2018
I've been seeing Dr Rood for my routine health care for approximately 18 years and have been very happy with his counsel, insights and guidance regarding my medical issues.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.