Yaser Abdelhamid received his Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees from Cleveland State University, and his Master of Science in Acupuncture and his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degrees from Bastyr University in Seattle, WA after having attended nearly 3 years of conventional medical education and training at Wright State University’s School of Medicine in Dayton, OH. He was 4 years in-residence when completing the naturopathic medical school curriculum with an ensuing 4 years in-residence when completing the acupuncture curriculum under the supervision of medical, osteopathic, chiropractic, and naturopathic doctors, as well as licensed acupuncturists. His training included a strong focus on complementary, alternative, and integrative medicine therapies spanning a spectrum of modalities including the use of nutraceuticals, homeopathy, diet and lifestyle counseling, and 8-Principle Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture.
Yaser received his Diplomate of Acupuncture status from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), and holds his license to practice acupuncture from the State of Ohio Medical Board. He has practiced acupuncture in several locations and in a variety of settings east, west, and south of the Cleveland metropolitan area for over 16 years. His clinical focus is broad with specialties that include but are not limited to:
- General health: improving energy, sleep and memory
- Pain management: including post-trauma, post-surgery, low backpain, neck pain, knee pain and migraines
- Female fertility support: infertility with or without IVF or other reproductive technologies
- Mind and mood: anxiety, low mood, stress, phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Digestive distress and dysfunction: heart burn or reflux, constipation or diarrhea, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, and gallbladder or liver issues
- Prevention acupuncture: utilizing acupuncture as a preventative therapy for a whole host of conditions, but especially in relationship to immune system function
Yaser has authored articles and chapters for peer-reviewed journals and professional medical textbooks on the subject of Unani Medicine (i.e. ancient Graeco-Arabic medicine). He has given numerous presentations about the place acupuncture has on the corporate campus as part of company wellness programming to a variety of interested businesses and their employees.
He enjoys reading traditional philosophical and spiritual treatises from around the world with a critical eye towards humanity’s underlying Sophia Perennis (‘Universal Wisdom’), and loves spending time with his wife and six children.